NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New Stereo Install - Soliciting Help

jmxp69

JLs Mistress

I agree about keeping ground as short as possibly wasn't sure what the waterfall ground ties too.

I think the audio hand book says ALL NIGHTER is normal . I have worked 24 hours straight on some big audio projects ...

I'm on my way, should be there In a few... To hell with that BBQ !!!! Just kidding, now I have to go cook some more.

Finished it about 5am today. Wound up being two all nighters. :) It was worth it though. Got the resonance barrier, heat barrier, airborne noise barrier (MLV). The stereo system is perfect. Clarity is amazing, and it's more powerful than I'll ever need.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Haven't finished the beauty cover yet. Piping didn't show up today. Should be done this week.

Posted Image

I agree about keeping ground as short as possibly wasn't sure what the waterfall ground ties too.

I think the audio hand book says ALL NIGHTER is normal . I have worked 24 hours straight on some big audio projects ...

PS There is a ground under the passenger side vertical seatbelt cover. I used that. My ground cable was 'just' long enough to reach.

JLs Mistress

looks like a killer install ... About this "more powerful than I'll ever need" let see if you say that in 30 days

No worries guys. Gila Bend was planned long before my little project. I wish I could make it, but I've gotta go with my boy on this one.

Regarding ground and power: I have 4ga for both. I plan on soldering everything. Is there any reason not to connect ground to the waterfall mount? I've read that's a good spot for verts and the idea is to ground as close to the amp as possible. That will wind up being about 5" from where my amp rack goes.

BTW: Since it doesn't look like anybody is coming, I think I'm going to start on it tonight :) Looks like it'll be an all nighter. Head Unit came today and that was the last bit I needed.

probably late but I used the waterfall for a ground and had no noise issue.

Posted Image

looks like a killer install ... About this "more powerful than I'll ever need" let see if you say that in 30 days

Turned up about 3/4 and it hurts my ears sitting in the car. So…I'm all about upgrading stuff. My wife has learned to live with my Macbook obsession, but this is going to be fine for a long time I think. :)

probably late but I used the waterfall for a ground and had no noise issue.

Posted Image

I thought about that until I saw the ground under the seatbelt cover. Good strategy though, that ground option isn't mentioned often.