NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Luke Air Show

Mregor

The air show will return this March 15-16 complete w/ Thunderbirds. It's usually a full house. There will also be a "Friends and Family" show for those with access the day before on 14 March. If you have access to the base, you can avoid the crowds on Friday. F-35 should be unveiled the day before or so. Rumor is Larry Fitzgerald will be there as well. Also not related but they are opening the runway to motorcycles to coincide with some m/c event and they said spirited driving was allowed. Of course I asked about the 4 wheel varieties and they said it was being considered but not at that particular event, but not to count on it. That would be awesome as the runway 1 7/8 miles. Wonder what the Z could hit on that?

That's good news. I always enjoy the show but I'm not a fan of the crowd.. I would be interested in the M/C event. GW is a barge but it does have a great top end...

That is good news...too bad mom leaves 3 days before - she loves 'em too and I could get on base 14th!

Yuma Rich told me the other day while we were at dinner that the USMC air station in Yuma got some VTOL F-35s. Some cool stuff.