NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

VMR, Yarnell, & Bagdad Loop 1/12/14

Jon

Time for a serious loop of some seriously fun roads. There will be two meet spots and meet times. First meet time is 8:00am at the TA on 339th Avenue and I-10. Leave at 8:30am to go up Vulture Mine Road to Wickenburg. Second meet spot is the Mobil/Dairy Queen/Jack in the Box on the corner of Vulture Mine Road and Hwy-93 at 9:30. Leaving there at 10am. We will then go up Yarnell Hill to Kirkland Junction and take Hwy 96 to Bagdad. Lunch will be in Bagdad. After lunch we will go back to Hwy 97 and take that out to Hwy 93. That little stretch of Hwy 97 is about 12 miles long and nicknamed "the roller coaster". It's a challenging road with lots of elevation change and corners that come on you quick.

Oh man, I think I'm already busy, but If I can change things around it sounds fun!

Oh man, I think I'm already busy, but If I can change things around it sounds fun!

As am I .... that will certainly be a run to remember !!!

I have done the "roller coaster" in my truck, should be a blast in a Vette. Have da fun, be da careful!

I'm there! I'm happy to see some Sunday events! Works for me! :crayon:

Sweet! My buddy at work with a new Mini Cooper will be following us also. Which meet spot are you going to be at?

This is a nice run. I usually do it on a bike so I may have to set my alarm and see if I can get up on a Sunday to try it in the GS. Besides which the Diner on Main makes a great Burger...

post-812-0-19408900-1389298028_thumb.jpg

I am a weak maybe for this cruise. Partially depends on if I get to run all day at AMP the day before, or if they kick me out for being excessively loud. . .

I have done the "roller coaster" in my truck, should be a blast in a Vette. Have da fun, be da careful!

Working AGAIN????

Ya know, nobody ever lay on their deathbed with the regret of "I wish I'd worked more."

Get your poor, neglected Corvette out of the garage, put your ass in the seat, and go DRIVE those rollercoasters instead of talking about it!!!

wickedfastvette

I am also a maybe on this one, will know for sure tomorrow afternoon, those who haven't made this run before, just be aware that there is a strong Sheriffs dept presence in that area and the locals will call in if they see wreck less driving. Just giving you a heads up.

Yarnell is really the only spot you need to be careful. VMR and the road to Bagdad are usually pretty free of other cars.

Yarnell is really the only spot you need to be careful. VMR and the road to Bagdad are usually pretty free of other cars.

I'm pretty sure she's talking about the "roller coaster" road. She's right by the way, I saw Mr. Deputy on the road, thankfully I was in my truck and going super easy

wickedfastvette

I was talking about the road to Bagdad, I used to drive that road on a bi-weekly basis and our company worked in the Bagdad mine, it is a well known fact that the locals will call in speeders, not trying to tell you guys what to do, just giving a heads up. :)

Which Bagdad road? The roller coaster or the one from Kirkland Junction? I've never seen a cop on either of them, lol. I'm camouflaged though. Haha.

You also don't really need to speed(much) to have a blast on the roller coaster.