NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Place your bets!

uncledibble

I believe it, never been a fan of B&B stuff. Seen too many issues.

Just warning him of what they may say. Hopefully they do the right thing but I'm wary of any company these days.

Update, took the Z to Payson today and the car ran great even got to cat and mouse with a Mercedes CLS 55 that was running well into three digits on the way up the hill. Very pleased with the way the Engine mods worked on the highway and the Pfadt Johhnny O'conell set up was heads and shoulders above the stock shocks. FWIW I averaged 20.5 MPG running 80+ most of the way there and back. I thought that was interesting, but frankly would not care if it was 10.5 MPG. Thanks again to the boys at CPR.

Jigs don't normally go out of alignment, especially for a company that knows what they are doing. It isn't like you take it apart. Header jigs are typically large 1 piece ordeals.

Powder coated or ceramic coated? I could see that being an issue since both require heating and baking which if not secured could have warped some stuff.

Neither coating requires temperatures over 450* to cure. 304 stainless steel anneals over 1000*, but can be partially stress relieved at 400*, although MIL specs usually call for 700-800*.

I doubt a minor stress relieving of headers during a short coating cure would cause them to move significantly. A bigger problem would be the welding procedure and cooling time while restrained in the fixture. Simply fixing a leak or a missed section of weld outside the fixture can cause enough localized shrinkage to change a tube direction by several degrees.

• 2 weeks later...

Final update on this build. I dropped the car off at Billy Boats plant on 15th ave so they could look at it and make this B&B exhaust right. That is exactly what they did, Eric took great care of my Z once I got it up to them and Mile Boat was fantastic to work with. They even made arrangements for me to pick it up on a Saturday as I have been working out of town quite a bit.

Mike Told me yesterday when we spoke that my Z was one of the meanest sounding cars they have had around their shop! That means a lot coming from a guy that runs a custom performance exhaust business.

I am well pleased and will be a B&B customer for life! I love Made in America products and Made in Phoenix, AZ makes it that much better.

Thanks again to Joe at CPR and the Folks at B&B for making my Z "mine"

Excellent news !!!! I also run the B&B 1 7/8th's, had mine ceramic coated inside and out, and the fitment was perfect. I run the Akrapovic titanium x-pipe instead of the B&B...just because of the weight.

Sweet ride :thumbs

So happy they got you taken care of sir! Glad to know they fixed their product so willingly and hopefully it helps them improve the product in the future. The car sure does sound badass :)