NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Place your bets!

uncledibble

Dropped my C6Z off to CPR earlier this week. It went in with a Haltech CAI,WCCH reworked stock heads slightly decked, BIlly Boat X-Pipe and Fusions along with my home made mild to wild switch FWIW. It's getting a CAM, B&B ceramic coated headers, Dewitts radiator and a NicD tune. Also getting some Johnny O'connell shocks.

CAM SPECS

236/248 .635 .635 114lsa

Care to guess RWHP and Torque???

post-2436-0-88051500-1387463706_thumb.jp

Wow you guys are guessing high as a kite haha. I'll guess 535/490 heads just have wcch valves and guides no porting. stock intake manifold.

Mmmm... I was thinkg that a stock Z should be in the 480-485HP range, so with the mods and tune I would think that less than 100 more is realistic. I would hope that he would get a little more than 535 for the money spent, but maybe not. :( I guess we'll see.

Guest badbobs95

Wow you guys are guessing high as a kite haha. I'll guess 535/490 heads just have wcch valves and guides no porting. stock intake manifold.

I agree with Joe do to my massive knowledge regarding the subject at hand. As for myself I would just drop in a new LSX engine maxed out with everything. Oh, I forgot, I don't have any money! :at wits end:

:crayon:

Stock Z06 does 440-450. I say 520-535rwhp because of Arizona. East Coast it would be in the 560-575 range.

Should have bought my dewitts and saved $200-300.

Stock Z06 does 440-450. I say 520-535rwhp because of Arizona. East Coast it would be in the 560-575 range.

Should have bought my dewitts and saved $200-300.

I think you are probably close on the RWHP number. AS far as the DeWitts goes I picked it up several months ago and it has just been sitting in my garage.

Here is the Dyno Sheet. Like Joe said he was pretty much on the number. I am very pleased with the numbers and drivability. The car runs great and sounds fantastic with the BIlly Boat exhaust from the headers to the Fusions. I will need to reach out to Billy Boat next week if they are open as Joe experienced some fitment issues that were not a huge deal, but something I would have thought I would have avoided with a full B&B system. They are local and I go out of my way to support made in Arizona so I took a chance on a "less Popular" brand (headers) to support our local economy. The folks at B&B have been awesome to work with so far I am hoping I can bring my Z to them and let them tweak out the few fitment issues we are up against.

Joe's crew was outstanding! I thoroughly enjoyed the process. Being in trucking and running shops of my own that service class 8 vehicles I know a little about what goes on in a service facility. It was very nice to interact with the technician and to be given a "tour" of the service bays every time I walked in the door. Its obvious the folks at CPR know their stuff and love what they do!

532/497

Scan 133540001.pdf

Thank you for the kind words sir! I am very happy with the results as this cam was meant to be about as big as you can go while maintaining fantastic street manners. It does suck about the B&B headers fitting so bad, to everyone what we had to do was beat in a primary to clear the steering shaft as they hit so bad you couldn't even turn the wheel. on the passenger side one of the primaries was resting right on the starter so we massaged that too. Also the collectors hang extremely low compared to the other brands and are slightly off causing the mid pipe and axle back to shift all to the passenger side. Does stink that a local usa made product fit so bad.

Again thank you sir for the opportunity to work on your beautiful Z :)

I will report back whatever my experience is with B&B in rectifying the situation I love the sound of the complete B&B system but am not at all happy with the fitment issues. I will save fourth comment until I hear back from B&B with resolution.

My guess is that their jig got out of alignment when your headers were built and they will hopefully just swap your set out for a good set at their shop.

That is probably right Jon. However I had my headers powered coated on my own after purchase so hopefully that does not complicate things.

Jigs don't normally go out of alignment, especially for a company that knows what they are doing. It isn't like you take it apart. Header jigs are typically large 1 piece ordeals.

Powder coated or ceramic coated? I could see that being an issue since both require heating and baking which if not secured could have warped some stuff.