NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Dynoed

Unreal

I just don't know if they will let me make more than 1-2 passes. It takes seat time to learn to drive a car like this and making 1 pass every 3 months won't get good times. I went 11.3@129 with 1/2 the HP so even taking it easy it should beat those times. Not hard to go 1/2 throttle until 3rd gear.

I think these cars are great. But my issue with that much power is breaking stuff. I have a low tolerance for that.

I think these cars are great. But my issue with that much power is breaking stuff. I have a low tolerance for that.

I am with Ted on this. I think it is amazing to have that much hp, but I like driving mine more than working on it.

I drive mine plenty. Got 4000 miles on it since moving here in May. Had the fuel pump fuse go out, and this pipe blow off. Besides that has been great. No hiccups at all with this motor.

I'll probably drive it out to socal for x-mas. It drives better than any 550+rwhp n/a car I've ever been in. Small cam, easy clutch, etc. Anyone could take it and drive it cross country like any other z06. Only issues I have driving it is ground clearance but that is just because it is a vette, not because it makes power.

Because its the one setup to run a good time at the strip. Slicks skinnies, th400,trans brake, big stall with now a novi 2500 instead of a 2000, pfadt drag coil overs, stroked ls3,ls7 top end on e85 and meth. Should move out well :)

I do find it annoying that people think a high HP cars needs to be worked on all the time or breaks all the time. I don't know who is building all these crappy high HP cars around here but I have a lot of friends with 1000+ cars going for years and years. Nothing more than any other 500-600rwhp car besides tires.

I do find it annoying that people think a high HP cars needs to be worked on all the time or breaks all the time. I don't know who is building all these crappy high HP cars around here but I have a lot of friends with 1000+ cars going for years and years. Nothing more than any other 500-600rwhp car besides tires.

Agreed! If someone is willing to spend the money and do it right a 1k rwhp can be very reliable and be beaten on regularly.

Thinking back over the past few years, I had the fuel pump issue which was a bad part. I lost 2 belts from a misalignment on initial install. The fuel pump fuse blew out, due to same crappy fuel system issue. The charge pipe coming off is nothing major, just a pipe fell off because I didn't tighten it. Other than that, it has been a lot of fun miles. Even before that I lost a lifter back when car was almost stock, and broke an axle drag racing. Stock or modded those would have happened.

Didn't mean to be pissy about it. I think a lot of people go for nothing but HP and cheap out trying to build a fast car and they suffer in reliability.

Ted, I still think you should just do a TVS2300 on your car and call it a day. Solid ~475rwhp and a ton of fun.