NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Last chance to run Main & Mondo tracks

VenomOnWheels

All I can say is that if you didn't make this event boy did you miss out.

Another great track day. never got to run against Dale & his viper (SOMEONE needs to grid a bit earlier)

The Z was running strong & always managed to catch the tail end of the field and start passing traffic.

Only one casualty that I know of. My new CF front splitter :-( who knew those cones were that tough??

I'll try to edit and post up some of the fun. But video doesnt do justice to the level of fun!

A good day for sure. Damn that stuff is fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got to race/mess around with Dale. He told me he likes the way my car wiggles :) I think the ORANGE Beast was dazzling his eyeballs when he looked in the mirror.

I also got to do some slipping and sliding when my left side freeze plug came out on the 2nd session (yep that was me who caused the mess at the end of the straight) A trip to autozone, new freeze plug installed and continued on with my day. Had to be towed, by a dodge to the pits,though.

pictures and stuff http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/26689

I got to race/mess around with Dale. He told me he likes the way my car wiggles :) I think the ORANGE Beast was dazzling his eyeballs when he looked in the mirror.

I also got to do some slipping and sliding when my left side freeze plug came out on the 2nd session (yep that was me who caused the mess at the end of the straight) A trip to autozone, new freeze plug installed and continued on with my day. Had to be towed, by a dodge to the pits,though.

pictures and stuff http://www.arizonaautoscene.com/archives/26689

Its all good. Schitte happens.

Thank goodness it was just a freeze plug.

The base plate on my shifter came loose - causing the rear portion of it to pop up making it hard to shift to 3rd and 4th. Fixed that then the front brake pads took a schitte. Ran to Oreilly's got a set of temporary performance friction pads and was good to go.

PS - Dig the student driver sticker on the drivers door. ... lol :)

VenomOnWheels

Christine & I had a great time, met some nice folks, and enjoyed the time with ACEholes Dale & Phil. I'm sure going to miss that MONDO track configuration.

I got to race/mess around with Dale... I think the ORANGE Beast was dazzling his eyeballs when he looked in the mirror...

Nah, I just figured Halloween had arrived early and some psychotic Jack 'o lantern was chasing me around the track.

Posted Image

All I can say is that if you didn't make this event boy did you miss out.

Another great track day. never got to run against Dale & his viper (SOMEONE needs to grid a bit earlier). . .

And unfortunately you never will, on MONDO at least. I'm hoping to see you at Bondurant West on November 10 (in my mirrors, of course). That's a tough track for Vipers & Vettes. We'll have fun.

PS - Dig the student driver sticker on the drivers door. ... lol :)

So, let me get this straight: you were responsible for assuring our safety & security on the track by working in the staging area to check for helmet stickers, but the "Student Driver" sticker on the pumpkin car was of no concern to you. Yep, job well done.

For those who have not done the road course thing. It is fun fun fun fun. "Psychotic jack o lantern" :) Could you really see me grinning like a mad man? I got a bunch of smiles and thumbs ups. Some even pointed and laughed at me... I'm assuming it was because of the student driver on the door. Did I mention how much friggin awesome funness I had? BTW, the freeze plug blew out and the coolant temp was 210 deg, and I had a 7# cap on the radiator. I was running evans coolant. That means I blew out over $150 of coolant on the track. Giggly ass funn......nnnn......nnn.....nnnn!!!!!!!!! I wish there was an easy, low cost way to get the car quieter so I can pass the sound check at AMP. Drew, do you know what the schedule is for nxt year? Just wondering if I should invest in passing the AMP sound check. If we are just running a couple times a year I don't think it is worth it.