NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

SIR Oct 12, 2013 for some grudge/match racing

FNBADAZ06

No one wanted to challenge Victor but I thought I saw a win against a black C6 for him, hard to tell.

I pulled a 1.966 60ft on street tires & 12.09 @ 121.3xmph as my best. Pissed off my clutch (hoping I didn't kill it) but listening to Victor got me my best times yet.

Best in the c7 was 12.910@110.42 with a 2.19 60'. Decent, but not great. Car didn't have anything left in it. Time to add twin turbos and see what it can do then.

Best in l99 auto shop camaro was 10.9@132 mph. 2.1 60'. Couldn't get it to launch. Needs more converter or something.

Me and MikeG (SL33P3R) went toe to toe, best of three.

I'm #1405.....MikeG #22 .

Missed 2nd gear on th first race, but man, he gets out HARD from the tree. Took a tip from HOXXOH....leave before the green is lit :smilelol

Posted Image

Best of the day, short shifting at 6500 RPM and rowing the gears like an average human being......solid 60' though. :)

Missed 2nd gear twice last night, which is very unlike me. I also kept smacking the rev limiter, as the car spins the tach much faster than my last track visit before the mods....beginning my shifts at my accustomed 6700 RPM, and my relatively slow shifting action, just wasn't good enough and it hit me on 4 seperate runs. I'm rusty, but it's just a completely different animal that's going to take some time adjusting my driving style too.

She spit out a couple 130's , but most of the runs fell around 10.8@128. THere was a 10.6X@13X if I could have executed the driving properly, but all in all, 5600 ft DA ....very, very , pleased :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

To avoid anyone feeling disappointed in the results, here's what they would have run in standard air at sea level. Assuming the 5300' DA was correct, and I'm guessing it was close to that, Mike would have SL corrected to mid-10.7's, Victor to mid-10.2's, Cross to 11.5's, and Unreal in the C7 to 12.0's.

So congrats to all. :thumbs

Exactly, 12.0s in good air for a bone stock 490-505mile 2nd tank of gas c7 isn't bad at all. 12.9 isn't great, but the air wasn't that good. I can't wait to go back there. It was a nice track.

Another video of another head to head for FNBADAZ06 vs SL33P3R :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LooKTrh-31o&feature=youtu.be

To avoid anyone feeling disappointed in the results, here's what they would have run in standard air at sea level. Assuming the 5300' DA was correct, and I'm guessing it was close to that, Mike would have SL corrected to mid-10.7's, Victor to mid-10.2's, Cross to 11.5's, and Unreal in the C7 to 12.0's.

So congrats to all. :thumbs

I was wondering what the conversion was, good to know! Thanks!

Congratulations to everyone!

Some very good times for that D/A.

Wish I could have been there.

You’re going to be hard to catch Victor. :surrender:

Thanks for the videos.

c7 in Indy ran 12.0@116 which is exactly what my time corrects too, so that I'm happy. I wish I knew how to turn the different modes on and PTM settings, maybe the car was messing with torque management/etc. I didn't read the manual or anything, just ran it. Tires were still at 34psi. I'm sure it would have gone quicker if we were trying to but ohh well. I was more interested in the Camaro. Hopefully we can go 9s next time out in it.

Well the Camaro ran a 9.19 @ 150.25 with a 1.49 60', just couldn't quite get the balance worked out on the launch. Of course the pass where i got a 1.40 60' I let out because I didn't want to get kicked out and seriously broke out ET wise anyways and they didn't say anything...should have stayed in it and the 1/8th converted out to that elusive 8.9x. Same goddamn thing I did last time out too. :-( DA between all of the passes was between 5500 ft and 4600 ft, turbo is really dunzo at that DA. Got a bunch of videos and pictures that others took, I'll post em in a bit. 7 year old combo that I put together and it's still kicking!

Guy with the photo booth at SIR got this pic.
Posted Image

Also thanks to Jimmy for the videos!

Congrats Nic, what a monster!

Victor, Elliot, Nick, nice times, would have been fun to have been there!

Pesky Whipple/meth GT 5.0 auto Mustangs.......gotta sneak the hit when I could :smilelol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Of2G0M1dAuY