NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Turkey Day In Mexico!

Loud Pedal

We often will go to El Golfo de Santa Clara, Mexico for Thanksgiving. The weather is perfect and its nothing like the Rocky Point scene on a busy weekend. Maybe I'm getting too old, but the crazed, drunken, college kid scene just isn't for me anymore.

I was thinking we would do it again this year since we haven't been to Mexico in a while. It's not exactly the place to take the vettes, but it would be a hell of a good time. There are miles of beach and it still has the small town charm. The also have a couple of hotels for those of you not into the camping thing. It's also quite inexpensive as compared to the americanized Rocky Point.

Click here for information

Any of you guys interested in running down? :drinkers

Sounds like fun but I don't think I'd take my Vette to Mexico. I'd be worried they'd find a reason to impound it and I would never see it again. That would push me over the edge and I would go back to Vietnam in my mind -- if you catch my drift.... :hunter

Dave,

Probably NOT the correct place for a rant, BUT........................

I refuse to add one American cent to any countries economy that turns a blind eye to effects their 'refugees' have on MY wallet!!

"Press one for English" Kiss my Ass!!

Rant OFF!!

While I love partying with you!

I'll say 'Have fun", BUT...................

I'll be eating Turkey/dressing/yams and corn HERE, not burritos and beans there!! :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Ken

Now back to the regularly scheduled program!!

:agree Well said Ken! :thumbs

I would just add that I worked with enough of their corrupt LE Mofo's when I worked Auto Theft. Their Govenors and Mayors driving around in stolen US vehicles is enough reason for me not to go down to that hole. Besides with the current political situation down there I'm not sure how safe it is.

Again, back to our regularly scheduled program :leaving

Well don't sugar-coat it, tell us how you really feel. :lol

:cheers Enjoy your Turkey Day wherever you are :hunter , we'll be celebrating our anniversary as well up in Sedona - by blasting Oak Creek Canyon with the B&B's and the top down! :devil

:burnout

While sounding like a good time...I'm a little more traditional, plus football :cone

turkeyfeast.jpg

Me too, except got to have all the grandkids over, that is what it' is all about for us.

Dave,

:smilelol That will make ya think twice before posting a get together :smilelol

But seriously, when's the next get together!! :drinkers

:rolf:agree

Guest XLR8TNC5

I would be up for this. I usually cook my ass off on Turkey Day and I wouldn't mind NOT doing it this year and perhaps going somewhere quiant and nice and sip margaritas!

So, how does that work. Do you rent a car and then take it over the border? I have been to Algodones and Juarez, but I just walked across those borders. lol. Otherwise,I hav NEVER been anywhere! I would actually love to go to Cabo San Lucas, but it is hard as hell motivating the "Other" part of my relationship to do it!

Have a great day and send Jenna my best!

Tanya

Um... WOW, Ken! lol

We take the truck, camper, and quads and just hang on the beach. We take most of our supplies with us. The only thing we do buy there is some shrimp and beers. The bar that is on the beach is American owned. Last time we were there, they had a big Thanksgiving spread and invited us for dinner at no charge. I thought that was very cool of them.

I wasn't suggesting for a minute that anyone take their vette to Mexico. I ran a brand new C5 down to Rosarito once when I was in San Diego. A lot of people thought I was crazy but it was a fun run - and I made it out before dark. ;)

Me and Jammye are doing the Rocky Point trip next month with the 5th wheel, El Golfo sounds really intresting, but I think turkey day might be bad for us. We will probably be in El Paso or have family here for the weekend....

I would be up for this. I usually cook my ass off on Turkey Day and I wouldn't mind NOT doing it this year and perhaps going somewhere quiant and nice and sip margaritas!

So, how does that work. Do you rent a car and then take it over the border? I have been to Algodones and Juarez, but I just walked across those borders. lol. Otherwise,I hav NEVER been anywhere! I would actually love to go to Cabo San Lucas, but it is hard as hell motivating the "Other" part of my relationship to do it!

Have a great day and send Jenna my best!

Tanya

If you guys are down, you could go with us. The truck is a crew cab.

Why don't you guys just cruise down here? :leaving

LOL, it's not that bad...

My son lived down there for three years during Law School. He and his friends refer to it as "little Mexico". :lol

Why don't you guys just cruise down here? :leaving

LOL, it's not that bad...

My son lived down there for three years during Law School. He and his friends refer to it as "little Mexico". :lol

Us gringo's stay out of South Tucson after dark...

Guest XLR8TNC5

I think we are going to pass on this, as Mark has a SEMA show to go to earlier in November and I am planning a trip to Colorado hopefully. If not going to Colorado, maybe bringing a friend or two downhere for Thanksgiving. I don't know yet.

Thank you for the offer though and I would have loved to go had the other things not come up.

Have fun and be safe. Drink a mai tai for me! (I have never had one before, so I don't know if they are any good, but since Im living vicariously through you all....lol)