The Hammerhead LED running light bezel by Vettesthetics

VetteSthetics

VetteSthetics

SO... I posted somewhat of a teaser on a headlight thread a month ago but wanted to let ACE member see the first pictures of the Hammerhead, an aftermarket headlight running light LED bezel for C6's. I have been working on this idea since I bought the car last summer. The car has been down since February going through the design and prototype process.

My passion and mission is to make functional art pieces for corvettes. The idea is to introduce design elements that enhance the clean lines of corvette that add an edge to the esthetics of your ride!

The Hammerhead on my Vette is a one off prototype in ABS plastic and painted. The production Hammerhead will be made from milled billet Aluminum and polished. They will be available in a choice of powder coat or anodized color finishes.

As you can see from the photos the Hammerhead bezel mounts to the inside of your existing corvette bezel underneath the lenses.

Each side of the Hammerhead has14 high intensity surface mount LED's housed inside the bezel itself. They run off 12V power which can be ran to the fuse box or tied into the electrical such as your side markers.

The Halo LED's you see are not made by me, but I have the connections and talent to create custom headlight assemblies for you too! ;) I will be offering an exchange, referb and custom assembly option on my website for those that don't want to mess with the assembly of the headlights.

Quite a transformation from my silver lights (pictured) to the custom lights I created with the Hammerhead.

Production will start in mid August and available for purchase in September.

post-2160-0-15745800-1374872474_thumb.jp

If I wasn't instantly broke as of today I would be ordering a set. They look killer.

VetteSthetics

Thanks you Guys! Yes I am excited to show you guys tomorrow. I had an issue with the one prototype so I got another one. Then rushed the paint on this one to make the show and it looks well... less then I hoped for:/. At least they are on the car now.

Don't worry my orange friend, there is still time to get some money saved up! :Orange:

VetteSthetics

Thank you guys its a pretty cool product and it was a long road getting them dialed in. The reaction and encouragement from you guys makes it worth the trouble! :) In late August we will be ready to start selling them! :bannana4: Stay tuned!

I'm really digging the lower blinker LED's....

And Mike, your exhaust tips are crooked :lol

Posted Image

VetteSthetics

I'm really digging the lower blinker LED's....

And Mike, your exhaust tips are crooked :lol

Posted Image

Dont you think I have looked at my car.... I know this.... why you going to call me out! like that, LOL. I am really digging the SLP square tips Ken has on his vette. I might fix my issue with those! :) Thanks for looking out!!!

VetteSthetics

After the show Saturday, Brandi pointed out and arranged two photos side by side. The one (right) was taken at the show and the other picture (left) was taken at Corvettes and Caffeine last year. It is striking the difference the change of colors and lines of the Hammerhead has in the front of the car.

VetteSthetics

I wonder how they would look in BLACK?!!!!!

:rockon2::cool :cool :cool :cool :rockon2:

I wonder how they would look in BLACK?!!!!!

:rockon2::cool :cool :cool :cool :rockon2:

Curt,

That is a great question! As most owners have the color matched Corvette bezels, I figure BLACK will be a popular option. The contrast of the black on any color Corvette will have an edgy look while totally transforming the esthetic profile of the front end. I can give you an idea of what they will look like because I had an ABS plastic prototype mocked up prior to paint (Attached).

Picture the Hammerhead in an anodized contrasting color that shows off the superior finishing and quality look of the aluminum Hammerhead in the light housing. The great thing about this mod is that there is a ton of unique looks that can be created. In addition to the Hammerhead finishing’s, the Corvette bezel housing and high and low beam chrome bezel rings can also be modified to your taste.

Say you have a Black Corvette and you are looking for a stealthy look. A flat black Hammerhead and flat black high/low rings would look killer! If you wanted them to stand out you could match the chrome theme of the high/low rings and have a chrome Hammerhead or choose any tertiary color in stead. The sky is the limit! The modification of the Hammerhead provides a whole new look to the car while providing the technology of running LED’s to the C6. The personalization ensures that you have a unique look apart from other enthusiasts with the Hammerhead.

Thanks- Mike

WHOA! THAT'S COOOOOOLL!!!!

And when might these be available? Are they meant to be easy to install?

The reason I ask about the install, is that I had a complete headlight assemnly replaced and they charged $1100.00 +

Talk about sticker shock! I assumed that they must be a "sealed unit" or something. (?)

VetteSthetics

I am starting pre sales now and giving customers that do so in the month of August 10% off. PM me if you are interested. The first orders will be filled in early September. I will be at Corvettes and Caffeine Saturday handing out invitations and the website will be up shortly...
Yes GM sells our headlight assembly new for between 900-1000 dollars. With labor and taxes that seems about right. The Corvette is the best and least expensive sports car going until you go to buy parts for it. At that point you are driving a Ferrari!
The install seems intimidating but not too bad if you have good directions and some patience (I give you the directions, you’re on your own for the patiences! ) There are quite a few treads and opinions on ACE and the big board that you can read to gauge if a self install is right for you. From the factory they are epoxy sealed and that is the biggest issue with the lights. The removal of the headlights from the car takes 35 mins to an hour if you are working alone. Once off you have a few options for removing the lenses. One is baking them and letting the glue soften. You remove it from the heat and pry the lenses from the housings. This method is time consuming and takes about 2 hours all together. This is the conventional way to do them and you can google this removal some others have videoed the process.
The other way is less time consuming and knowing this issue would be a barrier in some customer’s eyes, I developed a new way to save time on the install. It involves dremeling them open and two part epoxing them back together. I did this on mine but I realize this too is not for everyone. You never see the incision as it is cover inside the fender and bumper. The epoxy is as strong as the acrylic Lens itself. I am working on a video so the customer will know how to do it but I am only sending it on a CD with the Hammerheads. Once the lenses are off the install of the Hammerhead is easy. Plus we provide a template for drilling the holes to mount the Hammerhead on the Corvette bezel. Your package will come with all the instructions and methods for assembly plus tips on how to install these properly and get the professional look we are going for.
Another option is buying new lenses. I purchased a set for 300 dollars which made the install of my production set that much easier because I was not worried about damaging the old ones. I am working on a contact for these so I may be able to offer them to my customers for less.
Hope this helps! Mike

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.