NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tombstone Run

Bigfoot

Check this out...Tombstone but 4 days? Wow. Maybe we can get a bunch together and cruise down for one day.

I'm in for a one day. 4 days of Tombstone is a little much for me.

(now if you're taking 4 days up Hwy 1, that would be a different story)

I was just there last Sunday, I also went to the car show in Sierra Vista at a place called the dinner..

I was just there last Sunday, I also went to the car show in Sierra Vista at a place called the dinner..

I'd be interested in staying over on Saturday, but no the full 4 days.

Guest XLR8TNC5

This event was put on the calendar for ACE a while back. Check here:

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/...mp;event_id=183

if you all would like to use that link.

Tanya

P.S> Don't forget to check the calendar when you see events like this somewhere else. Chances are the information may already be present for you. Also, if you come across an event that is not on our ACE calendar and would like to add it, please PM me the link and the information and I will more than happily get it posted for ya! Thanks all! : )

• 2 weeks later...

DIANNE AND I ARE GOING TO HEAD DOWN SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7TH, FOR THE DAY. COME BACK SOMETIME SATURDAY NIGHT. WOULD LOVE TO CARAVAN...WHO WANTS TO GO?

JAY

DIANNE AND I ARE GOING TO HEAD DOWN SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7TH, FOR THE DAY. COME BACK SOMETIME SATURDAY NIGHT. WOULD LOVE TO CARAVAN...WHO WANTS TO GO?

JAY

As long as I can arrange sitters, I would love to.

Will have to check back.

Good chance for me and the boss also. Would stay in Tucson Sat. night and spoil grandbaby!!

If you're looking for a realy cool place in Tuscon look at Lodge on the Desert. Stayed there a few months back. Very COOL place.

If you want a great place to eat try Maggie May's in Sierra Vista. It's just outside the main gate at Ft. Huachucha.

Best steak I've had in years! :thumbs

Good chance I will do a one day turnaround but it will probably be Saturday and it will probably be on the Harley. There is a great hotel right downtown for those doing the overnight. Surrounding area offers up quite a bit so if you have the time (I don't) it is great to base in Tombstone and scour the surrounding area. There are a couple of those old photo places where you dress up and get photos taken. A group photo with as many ACE members as possible would be cool. From the looks of the turnout for that show I would book rooms early.

This is what the website shows for the events the day we are going:

SATURDAY - OCTOBER 7

µ”Boardwalk Rallye” – end of Rallye at 6pm – so get started early!

µ8am - 11:30am – “The Gunslinger’s” People’s Choice NCCC Car Show – Lots of awards this year - not only will we have our NCCC People’s Choice voting but we will also have many special “Best Of” awards as well as “Sponsors Awards”. We will donate $5.00 per entry to the Tombstone Vigilantes as we always do each year. The Tombstone Vigilantes are Tombstone’s Ambassadors and are a non-profit organization, founded in 1948, and are dedicated to keeping the historical town of Tombstone alive through reenacting events of the era. They will be at our Show for photos and more!

µ11:30am - “Cochise County Road Tour” - six NCCC Rallies

µ6pm - ? - “Wyatt & Doc’s Cowboy Dinner Night” – a BBQ party & western fun. This is a new event for our Run and has been added for you! While you are listening to our singing Cowboy Ron, dine on your choice of mouth-watering BBQ brisket of beef or breast of chicken, cowboy beans, cole slaw, dinner roll, dessert and iced tea or water. AND - tonight we will have our “western get-up” contest and give out the Car Show awards for the day.

µ9pm - “Tombstone History Walk” – learn some things about old Tombstone

µEnjoy more of Tombstone’s western offerings and Saloon atmosphere - TBA

µLater this evening – “Ghost Hunting and Spirit Walk” - meeting location – TBA

Wear comfy shoes, dress warm - it could be a long night - ghosts willing.

It looks like there's a few intrested in going so, someone step up, pick a day and a meeting place for the cruise down.

Dawg:

Here's the plan! Saturday, October 7th at 8:00 a.m. we will be at Fry's Electronics (parking lot), 2300 West Baseline, I-10 and Baseline (right west of the freeway) to meet anyone who is interested in going. At 8:30 a.m. we will head for Tombstone, makes stops as necessary and will be there for lunch. If anyone needs my cell number, PM me.

Jay

So you guys are leaving at 0800 from Fry's at I-10 Baseline?

Hooter's on Ina Road won' be open at 0900, so...

Give me until this afternoon, and I'll have the Tucson stop coordinated.

I'll meet up with you folks and drive down for the day, then cruise back up Sat night. Can't remember where that on stop is if it's Craycroft or Wilmot, I'll cruise down there today, an set that up. That's where I'll meet up with you guys.

For those of you heading back to Tucson (or elsewhere) Saturday evening/night, there is the Little Anthony's car show on the SW corner of Kolb/Broadway. Lot's of vintage old cars, Ferrari's, some old trucks, T-buckets, and plenty of rice to go around as well. Usually only on or two Vettes there, but it's neat. I can understand if it's late, you probably don't want to stop again, just letting you know it's there. It's every two weeks, so...if you miss this one, it's no big deal, Tucson's version of the Pavilions show.

Duane:

We are actually planning on leaving Fry's at 8:30 a.m. Should hit Tucson about 10:00 a.m. PM me your cell number and I'll let you know when we get close. You can talk us in from there.

Jay

Not a problem...the place I'm thinking of is right off 10, so it's no problem getting there, gonna go check it out in a few...she hasn't been out in a few days.

Just got back from my 'moonlight cruise'...

Exit 269 (Wilmot Rd), there's a Shell station on the south side (convenient off/on) of I-10, or a Chevron on the north side. There's a truck stop on the north side of exit 268 (Craycroft Rd), but I'm thinking you guys will have already had your Krispy Kremes. So I am thinking the Shell at exit 269.

Of course, if you want to stop at the Unocal76 station on Speedway and get your 100 octane, that will add about 45 min to an hour onto the trip.

If you're leaving at 0830, I'll be there by 0930/0945.