NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

So what would you do, LS2 or L92 or Stroker 383 LS1?

Cross

I heard this one from Steve at Loud Pedal.. Get an LS6 valley cover. Apparently they draw the PCV from a different spot so it doesn't suck as much oil in. They are like $150 brand new from the dealer.

I had heard the same thing. So I did years ago...didn't change anything. Catch can on the other hand worked great.

I have both, I just installed the LS6 valley cover a few weeks ago the catch can has been on for some time.

Alright still no word on the cam thinking about looking into off the shelf cams...

Today I went ahead and bought the ARP Head Bolts (Not Studs... felt that was over kill for my needs), ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Cam Bolts (they were 10.00.... probably don't need them but I got click happy), Seals and Gaskets I needed, Comp Lifters, Slave Cylinder, Pilot Bearing and Factory GM LS2 Head Gaskets. If I could just finish up the last few items I would be ready to go. The motor shipped yesterday is my understanding so I am just waiting on it to arrive.

joe@cpr.com

you need to get those head's cc'd like i told you since you don't know what it is and your using a stock bottom end you said. you wouldn't want to spec out a cam that you want to be big or any cam honestly w/o knowing how much the heads have been milled .

They are going to Bob here shortly to be cleaned and everything checked he will handle it. Apparently John remembered how much they were milled and I just don't remember him telling me...

If you're looking for a custom grind cam, I can be of assistance. I have two patented cams that would be great for your application:

cyberuck ePeencam - guaranteed to make maximum HP on a dyno (don't worry about how that graph looks, that's not the point)

cyberuck Donkey Dickcam - Hey everybody! Look how huge my cam is! Biggest cam you've ever seen. Flycutting required. Not responsible for drivability issues.

Not the cheapest, but if you want bragging rights these are worth it. Any vendor shop can install these (although they will probably try and talk you out of it). Regular yellow springs are fine.

LOL No I think I am going to avoid those cams LPM has me taken care of. I am just getting ancy. I want to be ready for the car show.

Didn't find out, project kinda got put on the back burner when I bought another ACE members Corvette Friday evening. Now I am selling my C5 and the L2 etc.

Didn't find out, project kinda got put on the back burner when I bought another ACE members Corvette Friday evening. Now I am selling my C5 and the L2 etc.

Details. We wants them!!!

I don't know if he is ready to say anything, but its a really nice Vette. I have transferred some items over from my Vette and I am still trying to decide if I put my Vette back to closer to stock form and sell it or finish the LS2 swap and sell it that way.

When I speak with him again (he was supposed to come over today) I will see if he wants me to let others know he sold it or not yet.

Sorry I didn't make it over. Lots of changes in the plans... I'll holla.

So, the car Elliot bought is mine.I decided that I needed to get out from the Vette as well as the bike to move forward with my new venture. Very much pains me to see it go, cried like a little girl that lost her balloon, but... It was the responsible decision. And it'll stay with a friend, and in the ACE family. No doubt that in time I will get another vette.

I'll make a more official post about it soon, but I sold the Vette and bike to start a small logistics company. Think Shipping wars without the fucktard. Well, except I'm involved, so... Maybe shipping wars without the cameras?

Picked this up Friday night, should have a trailer in the next couple days. Like I say, more details to follow.

Posted Image

Well, congrats, sorrow, intrigue...

I saw about 5 mins of one of those shipping wars and changed the channel.

joe@cpr.com

I figured it was your car he purchased. Cross put a real heads cam setup on his motor and make the power that thing should.

Let me sell the Mustang and most likely the Other Vette too... although Chey says now she wants a C5 not a C3.... go figure.

Ya, that engine is desperate for some LS3 heads. I was too late into the project to go that way by the time I found out how cheap LS3 heads are. And the cam was chosen for power under the curve at my request, which I was very happy with. But if you want a bigger number up top, a bigger cam will get you there in a hurry if you have the heads for it.

My next Vette is gonna get a blower.

Ya, that engine is desperate for some LS3 heads. I was too late into the project to go that way by the time I found out how cheap LS3 heads are. And the cam was chosen for power under the curve at my request, which I was very happy with. But if you want a bigger number up top, a bigger cam will get you there in a hurry if you have the heads for it.

My next Vette is gonna get a blower.

Looks like it's game on. I have two cams to choose from :)