Anyone else having issues with signatures now?

fourseventeen

Hey Dawg, couple of site functionality questions:

1) I must manually set my font size for every post, or the text is defaulted to an 8 font. How do I fix that?

2) My signature has been displaying fine; however, this morning I tried to update just the text portion of my signature, and got an error. The error said my text was saved, but my image was too big to post. However, as you can see, my sig pic is still fine, but the text has not been updated. How do I fix this?

same with my sig.

delete it all and recreate it is my solution.

the new software likes to "auto populate" and add then hide the Tags [ ] causing drama.

Desertdawg

Donna, I think your the only one with the font problem, and I don't see where it is listed in the profiles to make it a permanent setting. Lemme do some digging and see what I can find. Chad is right about the digs, the new software seems to want to control way more then it used to, so while you tell it what you want it says you can't, but then displays it anyway...... Like Larry sending me negative reputation points all the time, I just don't get it!

...... Like Larry sending me negative reputation points all the time, I just don't get it!

Trust me Dawg, if I knew how to change your reputation points, you know I would be more than happy to FIX IT!! Has anyone ever gone triple digits (to the negative) before? See what happens when you pick on an old red C4 for absolutely no reason at all. :rockon2:

Desertdawg

And here all this time I thought it was you clicking the negative rep button... Since I turned on the rep feature I have gone down hill, looks like I'll be the first to reach triple digits since I seem to be the only one with negative points...

http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/index.php?app=members&module=list&max_results=20&sort_key=posts&sort_order=desc&filter=ALL

BTW, I just want to add that I didn't want to turn this feature on in the first place..... Thanks again Cherye!

Look bottom right, just above the signature line. There is a red and a green button. I'm not going to tell you which one to click!

...... Like Larry sending me negative reputation points all the time, I just don't get it!

Trust me Dawg, if I knew how to change your reputation points, you know I would be more than happy to FIX IT!! Has anyone ever gone triple digits (to the negative) before? See what happens when you pick on an old red C4 for absolutely no reason at all. :rockon2:
Well, you smell like Gila Bend...

It only seems to like certain addresses on picture links

Desertdawg

Ok, once again......

Photobucket changed it's links, they now include the link to take you to their website along with the link to see your picture, this will not work as a sig pic link.

You have to edit it...

Copy your link and paste it, then look at it, you will see a URL tag for their website then the IMG tag for your picture, you have to delete the URL portion...

I'm going to show you what is what below. I can't just post the link because the forum will use it as a link and not text, just remember I have removed a bracket [ _ ] or two.

Your link should have a beginning bracket [

And an ending bracket ]

Around the IMG tag, also the closing tag will have a slash like this. /img inside the brackets.

Here is a link that Butch posted for his picture.

http//i192.photobucket.com/albums/z166/chevyguy1969_photos/eeedbef0-41cb-4504-9f2c-5ae4f5bda5b9.jpg[/img[/url

Let's split it in half...

Link to photobucket

Link to his picture

http//i192.photobucket.com/albums/z166/chevyguy1969_photos/eeedbef0-41cb-4504-9f2c-5ae4f5bda5b9.jpg[/img

You can use just the picture part in your sig and erase the rest which is the URL tag and brackets at the end and everything from the beginning to the middle leaving the IMG tags on each end...

It's not ACE, it's photobucket and their new linking crap.

Let me know if you guys still can't se it and I'll take the time to edit your sigs for you ...

Dwayne I saw that and changed it.

still did not work for me. it said "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

I suspect the system is "automatically" adding TAGS but hiding them (to appear seamless for the end user), so When I add them manually it conflicts.

case in point, I can add YouTube URL with NO TAGS and the system will correct and add the {MEDIA} automatically.

Dwayne I saw that and changed it.

still did not work for me. it said "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

I suspect the system is "automatically" adding TAGS but hiding them (to appear seamless for the end user), so When I add them manually it conflicts.

case in point, I can add YouTube URL with NO TAGS and the system will correct and add the {MEDIA} automatically.

The weirdest part is, I simply went into your profile with my Admin rights, and added tags front and rear and your profile picture now works. No problems with size or anything.

Why can I do it but no one else? Permissions issue?

Desertdawg

hehehe, I was in there adding it at the same time Ted, then I edited Butch's sig....

possible ted.

I worked in it for another 30 min this morinig with no change ( tweaking the photobucket account settings like :file name scrambler, ; directlink redirect, and the like.)

my Google says the Pixel limitset by the board may be the cause.

the limit may be set for 500X500 and my image may be 400x300 (as an example) it will still deny the change.

Perhaps Ted you are an admin, so the size limits are ignored for you and your permission settings.

I wanted a smaller sig picture, so I will now try WITH OUT changing the IMG tags on this board but instead upload a smaller pic WITH the exact same name on photobucket.

chevyguy1969

Thanks for the assist with the picture. i agree the new photobucket is not good.

• 2 weeks later...
Desertdawg

Anyone else still having problems with their signature picture? You can post it here or email it to me and I'll add it to your profile. Thedesertdawg at gmail.com

Desertdawg

Hey Dawg, couple of site functionality questions:

I must manually set my font size for every post, or the text is defaulted to an 8 font. How do I fix that?

Donna, by accident I think I found your font size problem...

If you look at the help box above the reply box you see helpful buttons like font, color, smiies.

Then the second row has Bold, Italic, underline buttons, well to the right there are 3 more, an S, and two X's with a low and a high 2. Those 2 X's are font size plus X2 or minus X2...

If anything on that second row is clicked, it stays clicked for every post, unclick the X2...... :wave2:

Now we can work on your sig pic!