NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A&A V-2 T-trim blower going on

Jon

Rich spent quite a bit of time getting the PVC piece to sit flush with the dash. There are three axis' that the piece needs to be fitted to. Plus all the wiring that goes with that gauge as you can use it to datalog. You also need to program it via laptop.

Front crank seal leaked with the Summit damper. Apparently the diameter of that Summit damper isn't quite big enough sometimes to get a good seal. Joe installed the stock damper and a new seal. Tune now scheduled for Saturday.

I like how that guage turned out !!!! I'm not a pillar gauge person and was looking for alternatives for a fuel pressure and wideband.

Getting tuned down at Dyna**** on Saturday ?

Had it tuned today. Only made 7psi and it was having fueling issues up top. I think something is going on with the external Walbro or possibly the return regulator. So far it's at 576/511. So 7psi added 140rwhp and 85rwtq as I was at 436/426 prior to the blower.

You will soon be collecting pulleys. I have a 2.85", 3.0", 3.1", 3.6" and a 3.8" laying around. I can't decide which one to throw on when I put it together this week.

Si-trim I assume? May want to check the blower speed before going to a 3.4". A&A told me not to run lower than a 3.6" and even that was pushing it if the redline was 7k.

You should be fine then. That is ~50k RPM with a max blower speed of 55k. With a stock size crank pulley (7.25") you could go down to a 3.1" before worrying about overspinning the blower.

You should be fine then. That is ~50k RPM with a max blower speed of 55k. With a stock size crank pulley (7.25") you could go down to a 3.1" before worrying about overspinning the blower.

I believe the oil fed units have the heavy duty bearing sets and are more tolerant of over spinning if I choose to do that. It's staying the way it is until I put a good clutch in. McLeod RXT is what I want to go with.

RXTs are good. I've installed one in my friends z06 and it is taking 700rwhp 750ftlbs nicely on drag radials.

Looks like I'm just out of pump with the stock LS3 pump and external 255. When I do a clutch I will put in a 450 Walbro E85 pump. Then pulley down to 700+ rwhp.

Dyno vids a buddy took since I couldn't be there:

578 pull

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/radarwz/media/MAH00022.mp4.html?sort=3&o=2

564 pull

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/radarwz/media/MAH00021.mp4.html?sort=3&o=0

I just put 265/35-18 and 305/30-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on it and Joe said they held a 50 roll in 2nd gear all the way to redline and stuck the shift to 3rd. He also said they ride very smooth and very quiet. They were $1450 for the set, so not too bad. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

Just tuned a 2005 ls2 with a D1SC, headers. Made 560rwhp. Was expecting more but maybe I'm just use to messing with z06s. It had plenty of fuel with just a BAP.

Either way a 550+rwhp vette is a fast car.

I just put 265/35-18 and 305/30-19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on it and Joe said they held a 50 roll in 2nd gear all the way to redline and stuck the shift to 3rd. He also said they ride very smooth and very quiet. They were $1450 for the set, so not too bad. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

So far I'm loving my SS's, but I still bounce off the traction control in second.... And 275/345's were a wee bit more.... :eek

Just tuned a 2005 ls2 with a D1SC, headers. Made 560rwhp. Was expecting more but maybe I'm just use to messing with z06s. It had plenty of fuel with just a BAP. Either way a 550+rwhp vette is a fast car.

I'm on E85.

So far I'm loving my SS's, but I still bounce off the traction control in second.... And 275/345's were a wee bit more.... :eek
Joe said to expect them to hold less as they heat cycle.

Picked the car up today and all I can say is AWESOME! I love how it pulls hard and the tires actually grab. Probably because the centri builds boost so linearly. You get to north of 100 with a quickness.

SAAAAAWWWWEEEEETTTTT !!!!!!!!! Night and day, I'm sure :)

It's very deceptive because its so smooth. Not violent at all.

Everyone's stepping up their game.....I better do something quick :smilelol

I'm gonna agree SC Vetts get to 100 mph in a snap! Almost too easy. Time to start a DHP fund. SLAMMER

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna agree SC Vetts get to 100 mph in a snap! Almost too easy. Time to start a DHP fund. SLAMMER

DHP fund? It's back at CPR for a smaller pulley and to diagnose a failing fuel pump.

New pulley going on today. Dyno tune on Saturday 10am @ AZDC.

What's up with teh fuel pump?

Boost a pump malfunction caused the in tank pump to blow the fuse. Removed the boost a pump and it's all good now.