NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A&A V-2 T-trim blower going on

Jon

I'm getting a used A&A T-trim blower kit for my C6 from one of the mechanics at Joe's shop. 103lb injectors, boost-a-pump, external Walbro 255, return regulator, and 3.8" pulley. It will be tuned on E85. A&A told me to expect 8-10psi with the 3.8 pulley. Also swapping out the stock damper for a SFI Summit C2501 damper. May as well since it has to be pinned. I also got the Racetronix fuel pump harness kit with an additional harness that will go to the external Walbro. It also has connections for the boost a pump to tie in. This powers the fuel pumps directly off the alternator via relays with larger gauge power wires than stock. So more voltage and less voltage drop. A win-win.

SWEET !!!!! THat was a deal tht was too hard to pass up for sure !!!! :partydance:

When I added up what it would cost to do heads/cam correctly the blower just made more sense. Plus I get to keep my good fuel mileage! :rockon2:

Good to see FI is getting more popular, If you dont want to spend money, take my advice and don't go for a ride in one

joe@cpr.com

Good to see FI is getting more popular, If you dont want to spend money, take my advice and don't go for a ride in one

that's exactly what doomed norm lol

If anybody knows of an 8" overdrive crank balancer for sale, let me know. May as well do one since we have to pin the crank.

that's exactly what doomed norm lol

Courtesy of your's truly

If anybody knows of an 8" overdrive crank balancer for sale, let me know. May as well do one since we have to pin the crank.

Thats a very good idea, CPS is just replacing mine now, I should have done it during my SC install, another thing to consider while you're there is high volume oil pump and engine mounts

Apparently the A&A kits are picky on pulley selection. The Innovators West won't work. I'll have to call Andy on Monday and see what he says to run.

• 2 weeks later...

A&A told me to run the Summit Racing C2501 balancer. So that's what Joe is going to get me. Along with an AEM failsafe wideband. It also has a boost gauge built into it for $299, so you get two gauges in one for cheaper than two separate gauges. Not a bad deal. Joe is also ordering a 3.4" pulley and we are switching it to E85. The guys at A&A said it will be good for around 10-12psi on my setup. I will drop the car off this Thursday and Joe and crew will get going on it next week. I can't wait!

I've been talked out of doing the 3.4" pulley until I put an RXT clutch in it. So I will be doing the 3.8" pulley that is already on it tuned on E85. After I get some overtime this spring I'll upgrade the clutch and pulley down.

When I added up what it would cost to do heads/cam correctly the blower just made more sense. Plus I get to keep my good fuel mileage! :rockon2:

lol

You're also going to need more tires.

lol

You're also going to need more tires.

I know. :facepalm:

Crash Test Dummy

So much for "Im not going to Mod this car" lmao I want a ride when its done man

So much for "Im not going to Mod this car" lmao

I want a ride when its done man

I lasted over a year, lol.

Rich just told me the blower is on. They had to get a template of the new A&A bracket as the old style that this one is didn't play nice with my water pump and throttlebody. I'm seeing how much it will cost for the shop next to CPR to make me a one piece charge pipe from the intercooler outlet to the throttlebody. Still waiting on the Racetronix fuel pump harness'. The new Pilot Super Sports showed up today as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Car should be fired up Monday or Tuesday depending on when Nic gets over there to put a startup tune file in it. Then it's scheduled to be tuned Thursday afternoon. Stupid fuel fittings for the fuel tank took forever to get in since they were backordered.

It's alive! Car will be tuned tomorrow by Nic. The AEM failsafe boost/wideband turned out great. A lot of hard work put in by Rich and Joe to get it perfect. I had the PVC wrapped in olive drab like the exterior. I'm still undecided if I will leave it that way or wrap it in carbon. Once I see it in person I will make the final decision.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Engine:

Posted Image

Wow, nice looking install. can't wait to hear what she puts down on the roller!