NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Pfadt headers results!

joe@cpr.com

Well today we installed what i believe is the first set of pfadt headers sold in the state. This was done on ZOSICK's C6 Z and we used the shop next to me "UMS tuning" for the back to back dyno pulls. Here is what we did.

1. Dyno the car completely stock

2. Install pfadt tri-y headers no cats

3. Install Vararam intake

4. Absolutely zero tuning changes

5. Re-dyno the car

First of all let me say that these are hands down the nicest set of headers I have ever seen!! V-band clamps on the mid pipe, brushed stainless steel, and super easy to install. You don't even have to remove the starter, and they no joke slide right in. I only want to do these for installs from now on lol. Here are some pics of the parts and the dyno results.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

pfadt header.pdf

Awesome! I've been looking at those and want to do a set. Are you going to tune the car? 33 rwtq and 30 rwhp is no joke for not tuned. I'm sure the Vararam added a bit though. I really dig the boost in mid range torque these headers offer. Since they are so easy to do, how much is the install cost?

it picked up power all over the place! yes nic is going to tune the car when scheduling permits with all the needed party's. the owner lives in sierra vista so scheduling can be tough.

Even if these made the same power as all the others, for the simple fact of how easy they install and how beautiful they are will sell me on them every damn time!

Joe, First off, thanks for everything! The car feels great and pulls much harder in every gear and rpm. You and the guys at CPR really took care of me and my ride. I'm really picky when it comes to who I let work on my cars but you made me feel at ease right off the bat. That says a lot imo! Moreover, thanks for taking the time to answer all of my silly questions and I'll definitely be back when it's time for the next round of mods! One last thing, the burgers and brats alone was worth the drive and really hit the spot. ZO

Well today we installed what i believe is the first set of pfadt headers sold in the state. This was done on ZOSICK's C6 Z and we used the shop next to me "UMS tuning" for the back to back dyno pulls. Here is what we did.

1. Dyno the car completely stock

2. Install pfadt tri-y headers no cats

3. Install Vararam intake

4. Absolutely zero tuning changes

5. Re-dyno the car

First of all let me say that these are hands down the nicest set of headers I have ever seen!! V-band clamps on the mid pipe, brushed stainless steel, and super easy to install. You don't even have to remove the starter, and they no joke slide right in. I only want to do these for installs from now on lol. Here are some pics of the parts and the dyno results.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So, I assume without the cats and no tune, he's setting a CEL for the cat efficiency test ?

Those look like the 1 3/4" Wonder how the 1 7/8" look, I know the passnger side hasn't any room left on the LG Superpros, I had to loosen a mount to install, some people have even resorted to removing the starter.

I'm next! We are going to dyno my bone stock car with the ported LS3 manifold first and then put the Pfadt headers on with catless x-pipe and Z06 axleback. Then dyno again and see what I pick up with no tune. My only other mod is a Callaway intake. Do they not make rear O2 simulators anymore? So you don't have to go into the tune and turn off the rear 02's.

I'm next! We are going to dyno my bone stock car with the ported LS3 manifold first and then put the Pfadt headers on with catless x-pipe and Z06 axleback. Then dyno again and see what I pick up with no tune. My only other mod is a Callaway intake.

Do they not make rear O2 simulators anymore? So you don't have to go into the tune and turn off the rear 02's.

Giggety goo! If you find the simulators, post up. Else, are you concerned about modifying the PCM? There are a couple mod-friendly dealers that will do warranty work in the extremely off chance you blow something up.

I found some spacer deals to get the sensor out of the direct stream. Supposed to do the same thing as a simulator. Makes it seem like there is a cat there I guess. http://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-Sensor-Simulator-Adapter-Extender/dp/B008FYS4DI/ref=pd_sbs_misc_2 http://www.amazon.com/O2-Minicat-Simulator-Adapter-Extender/dp/B008UF1T2A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_misc_4

Yup I've heard of those but never seen them in action to know if they really work. Jon I would order them up and give it a shot. Also give me a buzz at the shop anytime after 9 and we will discuss the headers.

Yup I've heard of those but never seen them in action to know if they really work. Jon I would order them up and give it a shot. Also give me a buzz at the shop anytime after 9 and we will discuss the headers.

Should I get the angled ones or the straight ones? I'll call you at 9am.

If I order the angle adapter and the mini-cats it would be $108 shipped. How much does an HP Tuners license cost? I am going to get it tuned eventually, so maybe I should just pay Nic for the license now to turn off my rear o2's to get that cost out of the way?

My only concern is with how Pfadt has the rear sensors placed and with the additional length and angle of those sensor adapters it may not fit with the tunnel plate. If your fine with the car getting a code delete tune on it I would honestly just do that.

My only concern is with how Pfadt has the rear sensors placed and with the additional length and angle of those sensor adapters it may not fit with the tunnel plate. If your fine with the car getting a code delete tune on it I would honestly just do that.

:agree

If you are eventually going to have a tune, save your $$ and have the CAT delete done then