NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Just a few new header pics.

DvC

I know everyone likes pics so ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i am not looking forward to the install. for some reason whenever i go to install something there is always an issue. what are the bets the issues will be? I am betting my noobness will be the main issue :smilelol

Nice!! You'll love them! I put those on my '01 C5 in my garage by myself on jack stands. My issues were as follows: 1.I had to undo the pass side engine mount from the cradle and jack the engine slightly for the header to drop in place. 2.Check the clearance for your down stream O2's.I had to use a large socket(laid on its side)to dent the down pipe,don't recall which side for room to install them. Oh,and I went to GM and bought their manifold gaskets,just like them better than what was provided. Other than that,they fit and worked great! Did you get their axle back set up? I put it on mine,and it sounded wicked when wound up,but no drone at cruise. Enjoy!

Nice!! You'll love them!

I put those on my '01 C5 in my garage by myself on jack stands.

My issues were as follows:

1.I had to undo the pass side engine mount from the cradle and jack the engine slightly for the header to drop in place.

2.Check the clearance for your down stream O2's.I had to use a large socket(laid on its side)to dent the down pipe,don't recall which side for room to install them.

Oh,and I went to GM and bought their manifold gaskets,just like them better than what was provided.

Other than that,they fit and worked great!

Did you get their axle back set up?

I put it on mine,and it sounded wicked when wound up,but no drone at cruise.

Enjoy!

after reading up a little bit i gathered i could reuse the stock manifold gasket, is that a smart idea?

nope only got the headers so far. im hoping it will be slightly louder but i dont want it to be crazy. the axle back isnt loud or obnoxious at all?? my last fun car was loud just looking at the damn thing and it was kinda annoying.

thanks

Nice!! You'll love them!

I put those on my '01 C5 in my garage by myself on jack stands.

My issues were as follows:

1.I had to undo the pass side engine mount from the cradle and jack the engine slightly for the header to drop in place.

2.Check the clearance for your down stream O2's.I had to use a large socket(laid on its side)to dent the down pipe,don't recall which side for room to install them.

Oh,and I went to GM and bought their manifold gaskets,just like them better than what was provided.

Other than that,they fit and worked great!

Did you get their axle back set up?

I put it on mine,and it sounded wicked when wound up,but no drone at cruise.

Enjoy!

after reading up a little bit i gathered i could reuse the stock manifold gasket, is that a smart idea?

nope only got the headers so far. im hoping it will be slightly louder but i dont want it to be crazy. the axle back isnt loud or obnoxious at all?? my last fun car was loud just looking at the damn thing and it was kinda annoying.

thanks

I suppose you could,I did not.

The XSpower muffs had a very exotic,is the only word I can think of sound,but were loud when wound up lol

Nice! Perfect time to do the plugs and wires, it'll be a crap shoot whether the plug wires come off in one piece, for 50-60 bucks at least get them to have on hand just in case

I did the plugs when I bought the car. The previous owner had the wires done shortly before that. Thanks for the heads up tho.

Dawg takes care of all of us.. er .. sorta wifely in a Manly-Man way. No really. -bats eyelashes- (in a Manly-Man way ya pervs .. sheeesh) Those look like artwork in metal .. ..puttin headers in is always a bit of fun. If it was easy, everyone would do it :) -Frank

Wait a second, you get to bring car parts in the house..... :eek

When I was single (between wives) I built an engine in a spare bedroom and stored fenders, radiators, tires/wheels, and complete interiors in the living room.

Now I'm limited to fairly clean parts under 20# and for no more than 4 hours. :banghead

If you get really good at it, you can do my car.... :thumbs

It's not bad.

I think it took me about 6hrs because I kept cleaning things as I went and installed a thicker,ceramic coated tunnel plate.

Excellent...since it's so easy, you should have no problems with mine.... :lol

Come on up to Phx and we'll do it!

Mebbe you need to buy me a couple of drinks first.....I cheap, but I ain't easy! :jester

Mebbe you need to buy me a couple of drinks first.....I cheap, but I ain't easy! :jester

If you really need help, we can install them at my place... If you'll send the pictures to Marco, I'll do it in a thong....

BTW: You're right, we like teh pics, but for points that will take you to teh bonus rounds, you need to be pointing.... :toetap

If you really need help, we can install them at my place... If you'll send the pictures to Marco, I'll do it in a thong....

:bolt:

Done for the night. Got to dark and my back hurts. I am gonna get a tune yes. I think I will pop codes from having no cats right? Apart from not running tiptop? What are my options? I thought about the mail order tune from the big forum. Its cheap (only 150 +shipping), anyone have any experience with it? Are real tunes more expensive or are they worth the extra paid?