NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Installed the trany today!

anmracing2

That Quick Time looks great in there! I am really pleased with mine.

I assume the big window is for the original TOB fork? I think I see the mount for the pivot....

Hopefully the remainder of the hydraulic install is smooth and painless.

Yeah. I had the option to go with the manual throw out bearing but I would have had to fabricate a new fork and I did'nt want to mess with that. I figure the hydraulic TOB will be much easier to deal with when driving.

We just need to bleed the system now and the clutch part will be done. I need to change the hedder, fill the rear end with fluids (LOL, that sounds funny) fill the trans, then I have to tear apart the dash again. This car is a never ending project.....

YIPPEE!!!! WTG Andrew - I didn't see any blood on the floor either!

I know you can't wait to drive it now and the adrenaline is starting to kick in!

It's getting close but as usual there is always something else that needs to get done first.

Can't wait to get the drive line. I'd be happy just to start it again and listen to the awesome music that comes out of the exhaust.

8/10 German judge deducts 2 points for lack of requisite finger pointing

No pointing... Phail.

But I am totally diggin the hydraulic conversion with the internal slave and the open bell housing. Still don't like old cars, but that's cats ass!!

BP approves.

:smilelol I'll get some pointing pix in next time.

It's coming along, slow but sure...

No pointing... Phail.

But I am totally diggin the hydraulic conversion with the internal slave and the open bell housing. Still don't like old cars, but that's cats ass!!

BP approves.

Nice man!

You gonna have it together for the show at Bill Luke next weekend?

No pointing... Phail.

BP approves.

Nice man!

You gonna have it together for the show at Bill Luke next weekend?

Nope..... The drive line is on order so it won't be done for a while yet. Seems like forever.

• 2 weeks later...

M~ installed the driveline this past Sunday and we did the fluids. Dropped her on the grouns and started her up. M~ ran her through the gears and she says the clutch feels perfect and smooth as silk. Gonna pull the beast out this weekend and do some minor tweaking. Then it's a test drive on the streets..... Wish us luck.

Done!!! Just got got from fillin' her up! 91 octane was the best for now. Gonna take her out tomorrow for a few hours. Hope some one has a flat bed ready to get her back home...... Wish me luck........ Donna, the back seat is ready and waiting..................

Beautiful car!! Sounds great

Our maiden run for the t56 magnum in the 71 was the Gila Bend BBQ last year. Had absolutely no issues at all.

Posted Image

That is awesome! I bet that runs fantastic on the highway. We considered the T56 but for the kind of driving we do the TKO was the choice for us. Next project is going to be the Vette. I'm trying to convince the wife that a 5 spd would be awesome in the Chevy.

I've driven a couple mid year vettes with Tremec 5 speeds >>> they are awesome .... good low end and nice cruise in 5th ..... takes a little getting used to the shifting .... is way cool .....

Rolled her into 5th and few time and she feels great, especially with the 4:10 gear! Damn!! I am so stoked about the new trans. EFI and an over drive, I recommend it!!! I love my new tranny!! LOL!

Cruisin' on the 101 and down 51.... Damn, no one was passin' the MOPAR, cruisin at 70-75 at 2k rpm with 4.10 gears. MAN! Wish I had done the 5 speed years before! Thanks for all the props!!! Now I need to start working on that GM product in the garage.... Some kind of Cheby, I think..... Hmmmmm, wonder what I should do????? 6 spd????? EFI?????? LS1?????? Or maybe I'll just try my hand with a blue oval..... :facepalm::partygrnhat::banannarainbow:

Cruisin' on the 101 and down 51.... Damn, no one was passin' the MOPAR, cruisin at 70-75 at 2k rpm with 4.10 gears. MAN! Wish I had done the 5 speed years before!

Thanks for all the props!!! Now I need to start working on that GM product in the garage.... Some kind of Cheby, I think..... Hmmmmm, wonder what I should do????? 6 spd????? EFI?????? LS1?????? Or maybe I'll just try my hand with a blue oval..... :facepalm:

:partygrnhat::banannarainbow:

Some of us have been waiting a long time to hear about this... :yourock:

So which one is going to GB BBQ?