Installed the trany today!

anmracing2

:partydance: Yipeee!!! The trans fits, the hydraulic clutch is dialed in. Then I pulled it back out again..... :facepalm: Just had to do the test fit. It's going in for the last time on Thursday. Had to do some tweeks to the floor board for the shifter. Next stop, the clutch master cylinder... Yikes, that's gonna be the tough part.. post-210-048143200 1357083229.jpg post-210-028026200 1357083265.jpg post-210-038820500 1357083300.jpg

Bromley's Corvettes
Posted Image Tremecs are nice. Getting the hydraulic clutch working right can be fun. First one I did the cyl was bad so I kept bleeding and bleeding and bleeding lol. Got another one and worked but still not right. The angle and amount of travel was super picky lol. Kessler could not help me did not no why it did not work. Had to figure it out on my own it sucked bad. Hope you have better luck.

Posted Image Tremecs are nice. Getting the hydraulic clutch working right can be fun. First one I did the cyl was bad so I kept bleeding and bleeding and bleeding lol. Got another one and worked but still not right. The angle and amount of travel was super picky lol. Kessler could not help me did not no why it did not work. Had to figure it out on my own it sucked bad. Hope you have better luck.

I'm concerned about the angle of the cylinder as well. There is a guy doing a '70 clone Superbird and he did his with a steep angle (60 degrees or so) and he said it's suppose to be ok, as per the directions. IDK but I have yet to see any directions that are correct in a job like this..... :smilelol Besides that, I never seen any directions that have that much info.

Anyway, that is gonna be the rough part of the whole project. I wasn't sweating the trans as much as the master cylinder. I might have to do a master cylinder install day. :willy

I have found over the years that so called tech departments have about as much of a clue as the person working on the vehicle... :yesnod

nice work brother. that is not an easy job and im with DOug Kessler is a great product, but getting them dialed in is a bitch.

Keep up the good work sir! Theres got to be a good tranny joke here somewhere lol

LOL!! Nice thumb......

Update:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Release bearing gap was perfect. No shims or spacers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The cleanest the floor has been under this clunker in a long time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Clutch pedal all hooked up.

Posted Image

Cylinder is ready to be connected next.

Posted Image

Doesn't seem as difficult as I keep hearing and reading... Of course, we're not done yet....

No pointing... Phail. But I am totally diggin the hydraulic conversion with the internal slave and the open bell housing. Still don't like old cars, but that's cats ass!! BP approves.

That Quick Time looks great in there! I am really pleased with mine. I assume the big window is for the original TOB fork? I think I see the mount for the pivot.... Hopefully the remainder of the hydraulic install is smooth and painless.

YIPPEE!!!! WTG Andrew - I didn't see any blood on the floor either! I know you can't wait to drive it now and the adrenaline is starting to kick in!

Nice install! Wahts next?

Just found out the hedder is hitting the torsion bar so I have to change it.... :banghead Not sure what will be next after the trans. I wanna start driving it soon... Just sent the measurements in for the driveline so I hope that doesn't take to long to get.

Some day I need to start working on the Chevy again... It's been ignored far too long.