• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• azz061

• Desertdawg

• HOXXOH

Well.....there is a difference between looking at an idle issue with the throttle blade "closed" and a WOT dyno pull. The dyno pull won't tell you anything about drivability or idle characteristics :smilelol

True. The throttle body works well in all instances (including boost), except for the pesky idle thing :rant

Well Victor all i said is i wonder what they are using on Drew's car! Glad you find my comments funny! :)

I hear ya :thumbs

Keep us in the loop! I am going to have a stock ls7 intake ported and try it on my car and see if there are any associated gains. I would hope for some torque gains at least.

LS7 TB for me. Also ported LS7 manifold and ported LS7 heads. Even though it doesn't look like it sometime, KISS seems to work. The car also has over 1100 in it but I don't want to risk pushing water or replacing gaskets. And yes 19psi is actually middle boost. I'm sure I could over-boost the motor with the turbos on it. I'd love to see what you end up putting down.

Dam you turbo guys! Well i am excited to see what you both do at the track! your just going to force me to rip out the ls7 and go lsx with an auto!

LS2 and LS7 share the same throttle body assembly, correct ?

Correct, at least until 2008. When the throttle blade changed from silver to gold, so did the rotation of the shaft.

LS7 TB for me.

Also ported LS7 manifold and ported LS7 heads.

Even though it doesn't look like it sometime, KISS seems to work.

The car also has over 1100 in it but I don't want to risk pushing water or replacing gaskets. And yes 19psi is actually middle boost. I'm sure I could over-boost the motor with the turbos on it.

I'd love to see what you end up putting down.

Never have been hung up on a number, but I guess if enough people want to see it, I'll oblige. As far as 19 being middle boost, the only OS available for the cars currently is good to 21.5 pounds, so while it may be capable of about 35 (my car is, too), there is not much out there to support it unless you go stand-alone. Plus, with those 4-bolt heads, I'd be holding onto my rosary at 19 psi. anyway...

Dam you turbo guys! Well i am excited to see what you both do at the track! your just going to force me to rip out the ls7 and go lsx with an auto!

Why? I have an LS7 doing just fine at four figures. LSX is just more weight. Now a 4L80 on the other hand makes for some quick numbers.

Never have been hung up on a number, but I guess if enough people want to see it, I'll oblige. As far as 19 being middle boost, the only OS available for the cars currently is good to 21.5 pounds, so while it may be capable of about 35 (my car is, too), there is not much out there to support it unless you go stand-alone. Plus, with those 4-bolt heads, I'd be holding onto my rosary at 19 psi. anyway...

I'm mostly interested in numbers lol. If I wanted a drag car I would have started with a cheaper and easier platform like an F-Body.

You'll have to explain to me why the software is limited when I have a 3-bar sensor in there good to 44psi.

My turbos are actually only capable of 25ish psi on my car. I asked for them to be sized for my purposes and motor so they spool quickly yet make over 1000rwhp. The motor gobbles up the air pretty good for them and I think it's perfect on all aspects, from fuel, turbo, motor and drivetrain. For now anyways.

I've never driven a 1k car so there's something that's going to be new to me. Hopefully it's not a huge step up from the 800s I'm used to. Only time will tell.

Why? I have an LS7 doing just fine at four figures. LSX is just more weight. Now a 4L80 on the other hand makes for some quick numbers.

I'm mostly interested in numbers lol. If I wanted a drag car I would have started with a cheaper and easier platform like an F-Body.

You'll have to explain to me why the software is limited when I have a 3-bar sensor in there good to 44psi.

My turbos are actually only capable of 25ish psi on my car. I asked for them to be sized for my purposes and motor so they spool quickly yet make over 1000rwhp. The motor gobbles up the air pretty good for them and I think it's perfect on all aspects, from fuel, turbo, motor and drivetrain. For now anyways.

I've never driven a 1k car so there's something that's going to be new to me. Hopefully it's not a huge step up from the 800s I'm used to. Only time will tell.

Sure, the 3 BAR MAP is not recognized over 255 kPa in the SD tables from what I understand from the HP Tuners guys, so I went with the smaller sensor (2.5 BAR) just for resolution's sake. I guess if you can turn the MAP off and get your MAF to read that amount of airflow, you'll be OK. I am pretty sure mine won't, even with a scaled tune. IPS can probably tell you more in the regard. Hell, if I can increase the size of my tables and run the ZR1 sensor, I'm gonna do it, LOL.

What turbos have you got? I am over 65 mm, at 21 psi, I am just getting into the sweet spot on the compressor map.

I spent quite a bit of time getting the combo for my build sorted, and with the additional surface area of the piston tops at boost levels over one atmosphere, six bolt was the only way to go (lots of chatting with the sand car guys) to ensure the heads didn't lift, and then of course the boat anchor LSx block because it is rated to 2500 HP, and you don't have to worry about the cylinder walls moving around and it has those huge journal windows so that pressure generated by the piston's downward motion can be easily transferred away. It doesn't feel overtly nose-heavy, and that coupled with the integrity of the design, it was just the best option for me. I was, at one point, just a phone call away from getting an ERL SDII, when I received a phone call and an offer I couldn't refuse on the LSx block.

A little more break-in time and ensuring the tune is fully sorted, maybe I'll throw it on the rollers for shits and grins.

I have GT3586r turbos on it which are 62mm inlet / 86mm exducer. I believe they're each rated to 700rwhp which was recommended based on my build requirements.

I did have ERL turn my LS7 into a sleeved beast to hold the power for my requirements but because it's an LS7 I am limited with the 4-bolt heads.

Thanks for the info on the tune. When my car's here I usually just leave that to Nic D so I was curious how the tables shook out over 3 bar. I don't even have a MAF on the car. Not necessary lol.

Could they not do the SuperDeck II (that's what I call it, anyway; the 6-bolt mod) on an LS7? They were talking about doing it to mine. That is interesting, maybe they gave me incorrect info.

Correct, at least until 2008. When the throttle blade changed from silver to gold, so did the rotation of the shaft.

Just for future info, the TB didn't change until the '09 MY. Both blades had a MIL spec 5541 chromate conversion coating. The '08 and prior was clear and the '09-up is yellow.

Supposedly, the blade rotation change was to control the idle and tip in better. Unfortunately, the electronics don't allow a swap. It makes me wonder why the whole TB couldn't simply be rotated 180*. Must be something in the way. I'll look later.

Interesting stuff guys ...... would be very interested in seeing your build on the rollers Parker if / when you should decide to do that ..... could be quite an event !!!!

Just for future info, the TB didn't change until the '09 MY. Both blades had a MIL spec 5541 chromate conversion coating. The '08 and prior was clear and the '09-up is yellow.

Supposedly, the blade rotation change was to control the idle and tip in better. Unfortunately, the electronics don't allow a swap. It makes me wonder why the whole TB couldn't simply be rotated 180*. Must be something in the way. I'll look later.

Right, maybe I wasn't clear in my post, the '08 was the last year for the silver blade with the rotation the same as the LS2.

Interesting stuff guys ...... would be very interested in seeing your build on the rollers Parker if / when you should decide to do that ..... could be quite an event !!!!

Eventually, I am sure I will. Still sifting a few rocks from the sand and making sure everything is smooth.

Could they not do the SuperDeck II (that's what I call it, anyway; the 6-bolt mod) on an LS7? They were talking about doing it to mine. That is interesting, maybe they gave me incorrect info.

They probably could have. Then it's new heads etc as well. It's a significant change which my specs didn't require according to them. IDK

Gotcha. Just interesting that depending on who you speak with, the requirements for the build change. Just goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat, I guess.

There's a lot of guys pushing the 4-bolters to the limit and I'm under them pretty good. It wouldn't be tough to upgrade later if needed, but I finally hit my goal which I've had for the last 5 years and that's for 1000+ at the tire. The car is supposed to be more like a supercar and not a drag car so it has fun stuff like coilovers and Stoptech big brakes along with a nice stereo etc. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I don't even think I've seen a picture of your car.