NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

FNBADAZ06's weight loss program

FNBADAZ06

Put the car on the scale at Speedworld today. Full interior, 18" street tires on the front, with between 1/4 and 1/2 a tank of fuel, drag radials, with me in it with helmet and gear came out to 3422 lbs. So my guess of 3170-3190 seems to be about right.

Tires are in.... Michelin PS2 295/30/19 24.0 lbs each Michelin PS2 335/25/20 32.5 lbs each Current setup..... Nitto NT05 285/35/18 28.5 lbs each Nitto NT05 335/30/19 33.5 lbs each OEM GY F1 EMT 275/35/18 GY F1 EMT 29 lbs each 325/30/19 GY F1 EMT 36 lbs each

• 2 weeks later...

Rear Racing Brakes two-piece rear rotors with e-brake option are on their way :partydance:

Not as much weight savings but the deal was too good to pass up.

Posted Image

To match my fronts :rockon2:

Posted Image

Those will look great next to all the other parts! :)

Yep :smilelol

Actually, I'll put the brakes on sometime next week. I was going to have the front rotor's aluminum hats re-anodized but I don't think it'll be worth the effort or money.

• 2 weeks later...

brakes are on , along with the Pfadt sways.....car began to levitate because it's so light :smilelol

Posted Image

9 lbs per side up front saved with front rotors.

2 lbs per side in thr rear saved with rear rotors.

I haven't weighed the OEM sways, but I think the posted weights on the big board are incorrect.....this might be a wash in the weight savings area.

• 1 month later...

Speedworld let me put the car back on the scale Saturday in full drag race/weight reduction mode....ie. passenger seat removal :edward: With Parker's drag pack skinnies on the front and Steg's Hoosiers on the rear, 1/2+ tank of gas and it's current mod list.... 3100 lbs on the dot without me in the car :thumbs I'm thinking I might be able to get 3000 with a driver's racing seat and manual slider, longtubes/titanium x-pipe (minus cats), Katech LS9R clutch kit, light weight lithium battery, and 1/8-1/4 tank of fuel.

I haven't weighed my car yet, but the factory says a 2006 C6 Z06 1LZ car comes in at 3130 lbs.

I'm going to guess my car is around 3170-3190, or 40-60 lbs heavier than the lightest setup.

So you lost 30 to 90 pounds???

I haven't weighed my car yet, but the factory says a 2006 C6 Z06 1LZ car comes in at 3130 lbs.

I'm going to guess my car is around 3170-3190, or 40-60 lbs heavier than the lightest setup.

So you lost 30 to 90 pounds???

Two-piece brake rotors and Two Snails front skinnies.

Brakes are 9 lbs per side and Parker's front drag pack weighed approximately 36 lbs each......vs my stock tire/wheel at 56 lbs each.

All rotational weight, I might add.