NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Looking For Interest In A Trip To Magic Mountain

Togo

so let's go back and relive some of our younger days!

i waht to first generate interest - then generate interest in the number of days (chad and i decided it is impossible to get it all in in 1 day, so 2 days is what i am going to suggest.

it will definitely be on a weekend, however, it will either require a friday morning "take off" or a monday morning return

certain days as of right now, the park is open from 10-6, others, 10-8 and yet others from 10-10

personally i'd prefer a 10-10 day to get maximum exposure, and i'm betting anyone else that is wanting to go will agree.

this trip would/should be open to families/kids/singles/couples, etc. i personally just want a few of ya to hang with at the park to make sure i have someone to go on ALL the rides with!

date schedules are HERE

some yellows are 10-8 and some are 10-10 just hover and have a look. - i figure we got a birthday bash in august, we got a laughlin run in september, so perhaps weekends in october - 13.14.15 the park is open 10-10, 20,21,22 - 10-10 27,28,29 also 10-10 (all the 3 sets of 3 days are friday, saturday, sunday respectively) so again, perhaps a day or 2 might be needed to request off - but with 6-8 + weeks of time to start planning and requesting days off - this could be a hit like the laughlin trip that's coming up.

start throwing me some input and let's get working on this too

Me and Jammye were going to do Disneyland in early February. but we'll be watching this one....

Guest XLR8TNC5

Mark and I are in.... He may not ride all the coasters, but I promise you if you need someone to hit up EVERY SINGLE one of them with you, I will definitely be the one to do!!! I haven't met a coaster I didn't like! lol.

Im not sure about days yet, but I am thinking early November would be nice. Are they open all year long?

Sorry,I didn't go to your link yet, just saw the thread and wanted to post up real quick.

Tanya

I just checked the calendar and they are closed on most Mondays - Thursdays in Oct & Nov. So if you are going to do a 2 day pass, then obviosly you want to be there on a Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday to get the most out of the park.

So think about that for which weekend you decide to go on.

Chris, my wife an i have not missed a trip in 13 years. Keep me posted as I now have alot of free time... lol, say hey to the guys in the office ! thx Daren

so - sounds like only about 5 of us are willing to go to this?

actually - i don't care, i just wanna ride!

now - like phil said, they are open pretty late in the season, but some weekends they are only open until 8 and other weekends until 10 pm - i would definitely want to get at least 1 FULL DAY there and one other partial (like the friday for the drive up, or the sunday for the drive back)

so....let's keep some input going on this - i don't want to let this slip through AGAIN this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add...

LA freeways are no fun to be in/on, especially in a Vette. This is just a few miles from where my daughter is staying...Hmmmm think.gif

Guest XLR8TNC5

I don't care when we go. I just want to go. I was thinking, we may be able to get some discounted tickets through the Travel and Entertainment office on base as well. Ill check into it for us.

Tanya

ok, so the few of us that want to go......

does anyone have a preference as to which weekend?

october - 13,14,15 the park is open 10-10

october 20,21,22 - 10-10

october 27,28,29 also 10-10

(all the 3 sets of 3 days are friday, saturday, sunday respectively)

should we take a monday off or a friday ? if we take a friday off would we be better off driving up thursday night thus getting a full friday and saturday in then home on sunday?

Currently throughout LA area, a promotion is on, by one admission, one gets in free.