NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Corvettes and Caffeine

Guest badbobs95

I might not be back from Ohio yet. I plan on driving and leaving Thur. AM

It's only 1800 miles and you'll have over 50 hours to do it. What's the problem? :lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buccaneer

• HOXXOH

• Final Effort

• old yeller

I might not be back from Ohio yet. I plan on driving and leaving Thur. AM

It's only 1800 miles and you'll have over 50 hours to do it. What's the problem? :lol

C'mon, average 75mph and you'll plenty of time to spare. :thumbs I drove from eastern NM straight through to Toledo in 23hrs, what's another 9.5 hours? :banghead

Final Effort

I know, I've made this trip with a rental car, my PU, the C4 and my Harley. And every time, I wanted to stop in Amarillo for a Steak Dinner. But it's always at some odd hour and I never stop. I'm planning on having a steak dinner this trip.

I know, I've made this trip with a rental car, my PU, the C4 and my Harley.

And every time, I wanted to stop in Amarillo for a Steak Dinner. But it's always at some

odd hour and I never stop. I'm planning on having a steak dinner this trip.

Eat all of that 72oz steak dinner and it's free. Damn! Been there, saw that and said OMG! It's a huge amount :jd of beef for sure.

And every time, I wanted to stop in Amarillo for a Steak Dinner. But it's always at some

Toledo to Rt.4 on I-40 just west of OKC in 15 hrs. Thursday. Start 7AM - arrive 9PM

Go straight through OKC on I-40 at night and avoid Friday morning rush hour.

Gas stations and Best Western and a brand new La Quinta on the south side of I-40

Super 7 Motel and Confort Suites on the easy - off/on north side.

Friday morning to Amarillo Exit 75 (Big Texan Restaurant) 3 1/2 hours.

Eat in 1 hour for free or $72 if you don't. Includes baked potato, salad, dinner roll, and shrimp cocktail.

Amarillo to Phx. 10 1/2 hours plus time to puke if you tried to eat the whole damn thing.

Start 7AM - arrive Phx 8PM

Saturday morning ~8-9 AM meet for C & C.

Piece of cake. :smilelol

Guest badbobs95

Toledo to Rt.4 on I-40 just west of OKC in 15 hrs. Thursday. Start 7AM - arrive 9PM

Go straight through OKC on I-40 at night and avoid Friday morning rush hour.

Gas stations and Best Western and a brand new La Quinta on the south side of I-40

Super 7 Motel and Confort Suites on the easy - off/on north side.

Friday morning to Amarillo Exit 75 (Big Texan Restaurant) 3 1/2 hours.

Eat in 1 hour for free or $72 if you don't. Includes baked potato, salad, dinner roll, and shrimp cocktail.

Amarillo to Phx. 10 1/2 hours plus time to puke if you tried to eat the whole damn thing.

Start 7AM - arrive Phx 8PM

Saturday morning ~8-9 AM meet for C & C.

Piece of cake. :smilelol

Tom, I'm having you plot out my next trip, that's for sure! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Anybody from the east side going Saturday? Do you want to meet up early? I "brokeded" my motor and the parts should be here tomorrow and I'll start putting things back together and should be good to go by Saturday.

Guest badbobs95

Anybody from the east side going Saturday? Do you want to meet up early? I "brokeded" my motor and the parts should be here tomorrow and I'll start putting things back together and should be good to go by Saturday.

I'll be there as usual. I have two customers vettes in the back that I'm detailing now but I'll finish them up by Friday. Posted Image If anyone hasn't seen the garage, you should come out. A lift and space for 4 or 5 cars to to work on in the cool air. Sure beats the heat. Posted Image See ya Saturday.

YOU DID WHAT <????? update please ...... Posted Image

we'll be in DenPosted Imagever Bob .... so won't make it out this month ...........

YOU DID WHAT <????? update please ...... Posted Image

we'll be in DenPosted Imagever Bob .... so won't make it out this month ...........

Ok, not that bad, like KABOOM bad. Been playin' around with different springs in the FPR and last Saturday I had a pass TB blow out on the comp bladder and fuel was going everywhere, FP spiked over 35lbs...OUCH! :facepalm: Had both TBs apart and decided to replace everything and was waiting for the parts to arrive that I ordered. They came in today and I just finished putting everything together again, adjusted and works fine again :partygrnhat: and now I can wash it and get ready for Saturday. :partydance:

Oh good .... glad it wasn;t anything major ..... tuff working on these hot rods with power just wanting to bust out just anywhere ... aint it /??? Posted Image

TTT Anyone from the East side wanna meet up at HomeDepot on Country Club and 60 at 6:30am, I'll be there and leave around 6:45am.

I would love to hear all the Toledo stories from the Tom Toms but have to work today :banghead and listen i meant,..I wouldn't get a word in edgewise with those two :lol Just kidding dudes...

Good seeing you all this morning. That is a pretty impressive shop for sure.

Few pics I took. Thought the panoramic would be cool. First time I tried this with this tablet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good seeing you all this morning. That is a pretty impressive shop for sure.

Few pics I took. Thought the panoramic would be cool. First time I tried this with this tablet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice pics Mark and thanks for stoppin' by.

I would love to hear all the Toledo stories from the Tom Toms but have to work today :banghead and listen i meant,..I wouldn't get a word in edgewise with those two :lol Just kidding dudes...

I heard you had to work today, I know that's hard to believe...jus stick to it no matter what though. :P We missed you, the good half and your sister/sister's vette. :( The "T-town clique" had a good time reminiscing the good years and there were some funny stories of racing. :thumbs You'll never guess who the last three ACEholes were to leave the shop?

Guest badbobs95

I know because I was one of them. Great turnout, 45 vettes representing all generations. A 2009 Callaway 616 RWHP, a 2011 supercharged Ron Fellows Edition 625 RWHP, a pot load of Z06's and Grand Sports, an original 63 that just won its Top Flight award, and a Grape Ape! What more could a guy ask for? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Final Effort

I just got back from Ohio. Didn't get started as soon as I wanted. Sorry I missed the show.

I know because I was one of them. Great turnout, 45 vettes representing all generations. A 2009 Callaway 616 RWHP, a 2011 supercharged Ron Fellows Edition 625 RWHP, a pot load of Z06's and Grand Sports, an original 63 that just won its Top Flight award, and a Grape Ape! What more could a guy ask for? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Then I would guess and say it was Tom and...uh,..Tom! ha, dam, at least you had fun, I spent the day going house to houses with my appraisers to look at the condition dads rented ones were in...the last one of the day had about 40 cats, flies, bowls of food, piss smells, and more flies. I walk in the house to help measure but immediately turned around and walked out trying not to puke O M G. poor appraisers, one was rolling up his big tape so fast to get out of there that he got it all f'd up and tangled... they came out smelling like the house. :willy

I just got back from Ohio. Didn't get started as soon as I wanted. Sorry I missed the show.

Glad you made it back without problems. Did you eat the steak?

All non-participating "T-town" clique members were missed, but a couple were carrying the flag. :partygrnhat: Hope to see you all next month July 7th. :rockon2:

Final Effort

Yep I had the Steak 10 oz. size LOL Got stopped in Oklahoma City. Every time I come through there a LEO is sitting at the same Gore point. So I slowed to only 5 over and passed about 6 cars. I guessed that pissed him off so about a mile past he started to tail me. Then the lights came on. Got stopped for drivers side brake light out. I was given a warning and sent on my way. That was the highlight of the trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna have to miss this Saturday's meet and greet. No tail lights. :flag Have a safe 4th everyone.

I'm planning on going, but that could change. Anyone else going from east side?