NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Not a good thing.

Quiktrip

yes hughes is local - they are over on 27th ave. and mcdowell

http://www.hughesperformance.com/transmissions.html

i checked their prices - they are a little expensive - but since i probably know how much you paid for your phoenix reman - hughes would be a bargain.

is it still under warranty by chance?

Found Hughes...$2800 with a 2500 stall conv. Then I would still need to get someone to deinstall and reinstall. That could be close to $4,000 by the time it's done. Plus, Hughes wants the tranny for 4-5 days to rebuild so the car would be in whoever is doing the work's way for that long. Got a quote from Quality Trans. in Tempe for $2800 installed with a 2500 stall with greater than OEM parts. Plus I can buy 2nd and 3rd year warranty for $300 making it $3100 out the door, good for three years. Still looking, not going to get in a hurry and make a mistake. Robert :burnout

[

just for arguments sake - look where a $3000 transmission install got you LAST TIME! (ok, maybe it wasn't $3000 - i think mine was around $1800 or so installed with a 3 year extended warranty)

It was $1380 with Kevlar bands and a tranny cooler installed. It's out of warr. I didn't get the extension. Robert :burnout

Sorry Robert, I still don't get on "teh" computer very much. I see you got "teh" answer to your question. Hughes is a little pricey but the work is top notch. Only used them for our torque converters back in "teh" day. Let us know if you need help pulling "teh" tranny out. I'm sure :chris can help..... :P

Andrew

Sorry Robert, I still don't get on "teh" computer very much. I see you got "teh" answer to your question. Hughes is a little pricey but the work is top notch. Only used them for our torque converters back in "teh" day. Let us know if you need help pulling "teh" tranny out. I'm sure :chris can help..... :P

Andrew

One in every bunch!!! Hey, if Chris and I pull the tranny out, can we use your garage? We'll clean up, honest. :bs I just priced one on GMPartsDirect and it's $1875 shipped and Mike is hooking me up with a tech at his dealership that will install. :thumbs So far that sounds like a winner. Robert :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

Alrighty, here is my information on the shop I had work with my 4L60E Tranny.

Automatic Transmission Experts

4420 or 4220 North 7th Avenue (Im not sure because the receipt it blurry...lol. It's old!)

Phoenix, AZ 85013

602-274-5792

Talk to Paul. He would probably remember Mark better than me, but he doesn't fear the Corvette Tranny's like a lot of other people do. And his words were. "I do a lot of these." And he did a great job.

Lata Gata!

smitty's05gto
One in every bunch!!! Hey, if Chris and I pull the tranny out, can we use your garage? We'll clean up, honest. :bs I just priced one on GMPartsDirect and it's $1875 shipped and Mike is hooking me up with a tech at his dealership that will install. :thumbs So far that sounds like a winner. Robert :burnout

Did you get the chance to call Mike@AZPS about a tranny yet? Just curious... you can have a very strong built tranny here locally by the guy that did mine...

just a friendly suggestion. A warranty is included as well..

is $1875 for another stock tranny?

DING DING DING!! We have a new winner!!! Stopped by AZPS and talked to Mike. Set to go in the 25th and be done early the next week. R&R with rebuild not as radical as Smitty's (OMG that car is AWESOME) so it won't shift quite as hard. I'm going to pickup a Hughes 2500 stall TC that they'll install and a better tranny cooler. I can't wait, it's already getting to me not being able to drive it. :banghead I'm going to try to do the front end rebuild before it goes in for the tranny. Seeya, Robert :burnout

DING DING DING!! We have a new winner!!! Stopped by AZPS and talked to Mike. Set to go in the 25th and be done early the next week. R&R with rebuild not as radical as Smitty's (OMG that car is AWESOME) so it won't shift quite as hard. I'm going to pickup a Hughes 2500 stall TC that they'll install and a better tranny cooler. I can't wait, it's already getting to me not being able to drive it. :banghead I'm going to try to do the front end rebuild before it goes in for the tranny. Seeya, Robert :burnout

Might as well have Mike throw in the rearend swap while you're there. :D

Might as well have Mike throw in the rearend swap while you're there. :D

Boy we sure do like to spend the green mans money. :cool

Are you suggesting that I need a new rear end??? :toetap Robert

I thought you wanted/had 3.07's to be installed???

I do..I thought you meant me. :D I'm going to install it after it's up and running. I want to redo the bushings and u-joints and have the half shafts and drive shaft balanced. Robert :burnout