NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Not a good thing.

Quiktrip

Yup, it started to act up on the way home last night, but I was able to limp her home. Checked the fluid this morning and started her up...no reverse.Time for another rebuild. Any suggestions on who will rebuild a 4L60E properly, and can upgrade it and install new TC while their in there? Thanks, Robert :burnout yeah right, not for a while! Looks like 55 isn't starting out to well.

:leaving

I know what this means...and no, I will NOT be taking it back to Phoenix Remanufacturers.Robert :burnout

Were you on the track last night?

Yes, and it seemed fine there. I did about 7 runs in 2 1/2 hours. I guess I just got it to hot. :banghead Robert :burnout

:leaving

I know what this means...and no, I will NOT be taking it back to Phoenix Remanufacturers.Robert :burnout

is that were you took it originally? :huh

Guest LT4ME

I know a guy that could build ya one that was nearly bullet proof and will snap your neck when it shifts, but unfortunately he's out in Orange, CA.

I can ask our tranny guy at work, he's rebuilding the Taurus trans today and he's a Chevy guy at heart...

Guest intmd8r

doh2.gif

7 runs in 2 1/2 hours? :eek

I've never been to Fireturd in the summer, but apparently they're MUCH less busy! :burnout2

Sorry to hear your tranny burned up. That is no way to celebrate your birthday! cry.gif

92ZR1Wannabe

I would look into something like a B&M prepped tranny or a TCI . Both have outstanding reps and build those things to last. If it was my car i would most likely order a tranny/converter , then drop it off along with the car at the speed shop of your choice :)

Unless your up for a challenge and want to do it yourself , or do a corvette weekend.

http://www.tciauto.com/transmissions/trans...tm#applications

smitty's05gto

Hey.. give Mike a call at AZPS... we've got a guy thats Local that'll build you a hell of a 4l60E.

He did mine and i'm close to 700rwtq and its holding up very nicely. :D

Thanks for the input. It looks like TCI doesn't have the 4L60E for the corvette, just the Firebird/Camaro, and the same for RPM. I know that there are differences between the models. Mike, if you can check with the guy at your dealership and I'll check with Mike at AZP&S and see want is available. Robert :burnout

Hughes has them too... Rebuilt and I think they sell new ones too...

Hope you get it fixed soon.

Andrew

Guest LT4ME
Mike, if you can check with the guy at your dealership...

He does rebuilds as well as installs, but if you want a reman installed, we'll have to hunt one down for you.

He does rebuilds as well as installs, but if you want a reman installed, we'll have to hunt one down for you.

Mike, if you can ask him how much to de-install/install a unit in case I come up with one. Thanks Robert :burnout Andrew, who is Hughes? Are they local? Thanks, Robert :burnout

Sorry to hear your tranny went south on you. Did you get the one that's in it from PT out on 75th ave or so? Good luck on on a new one.

Sorry to hear your tranny went south on you. Did you get the one that's in it from PT out on 75th ave or so? Good luck on on a new one.

Had it rebuilt at Phoenix Remanufacturers out about 75 Ave and the I-10. Lousy job, won't go back to them. I've got a few names that I will check out this week for prices and upgrades. :thumbs Robert :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

Try Paul's Automatic Transmissions. They did mine and did a BEAUTIFUL job! He knows his shit and even installed a TransGo kit for me that was awesome.

If you can't find their number, I will see if I can dig it up from somewhere.

Later and good luck. Im also sorry to hear aobut your tranny issues. Take care.

Tanya

I feel your pain Robert. I'm going round and round with that company on a tranny for teh truck. IT'S A POS!! Not only is teh tranny crap, but they had teh truck for a month and didn't fix $%*& and caused over $1,100 damage while they farmed it out to another company. Talk about pissed off!! I still don't have it fixed and this started teh weekend before Easter. :cussSTAY FAR AWAY FROM THAT COMPANY!!!

Where is that shop Tanya?

Robert, sorry to here that. That is sooo wierd. It seemed to be doing well on teh track.

Jim

Guest XLR8TNC5
I feel your pain Robert. I'm going round and round with that company on a tranny for teh truck. IT'S A POS!! Not only is teh tranny crap, but they had teh truck for a month and didn't fix $%*& and caused over $1,100 damage while they farmed it out to another company. Talk about pissed off!! I still don't have it fixed and this started teh weekend before Easter. :cussSTAY FAR AWAY FROM THAT COMPANY!!!

Where is that shop Tanya?

Let me go through my receipts for the C5 and I will post it soon. He was a biker kind of guy and did the work right out of his garage at his house. Mark talked to him more than I did, but he seemed like a REALLY nice guy and they had no problem working on a 4L60E AND adding the Trans-go kit that Xtreme did not want to come close to touching. lol.

Ill be back.....

Mike, if you can ask him how much to de-install/install a unit in case I come up with one. Thanks Robert :burnout Andrew, who is Hughes? Are they local? Thanks, Robert :burnout

yes hughes is local - they are over on 27th ave. and mcdowell

http://www.hughesperformance.com/transmissions.html

i checked their prices - they are a little expensive - but since i probably know how much you paid for your phoenix reman - hughes would be a bargain.

is it still under warranty by chance?