NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Michigans tourism ad 4 Cherye

Marco

My husband is from Toledo and still has lots of family there, go there about 5 times a year.but my house is in Brooklyn Michigan (Irish Hills) and it is beautiful there.

See, Ohio isn't all bad. :thumbs And you're right, the Irish Hills area is nice, lots of lakes. :rockon2:

My husband is from Toledo and still has lots of family there, go there about 5 times a year.but my house is in Brooklyn Michigan (Irish Hills) and it is beautiful there.

Cherye,You just got some of your cool points back. I have family that live on Devils Lake and I grew up about 30 Miles or so just to the south in Ohio. Just follow 127 south and you'd drive right through my home town. I also live about 30-35 miles west of Toledo and in fact, I'll be there next month.

wickedfastvette

Cherye,You just got some of your cool points back. I have family that live on Devils Lake and I grew up about 30 Miles or so just to the south in Ohio. Just follow 127 south and you'd drive right through my home town. I also live about 30-35 miles west of Toledo and in fact, I'll be there next month.

My house is about a mile from Devils lake, that is where we usually dock our boat, I will be there in may twice and again in June for the race. What town did you grow up in?

Final Effort

When I raced a Drag Boat my partner had a place at Sand Lake.

:LolLol: I spent a lot of time at Devils Lake skiing behind a jetboat and drinking lots of beer. Had a few friends that had cabins along the lake by the bar. I don't remember what the name of the bar was any more, but popular. http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/LPMcrew.gif

My house is about a mile from Devils lake, that is where we usually dock our boat, I will be there in may twice and again in June for the race. What town did you grow up in?

My Aunt usually rents her house out to NASCAR officials for the week they are there. I'm getting up there a week after the race for the July 4th weekend. I grew up in West Unity. Is your house on 223? If so, is it east or west of Round Lake HWY?

wickedfastvette

My house is about a1/4 mile off Rd Lake Hwy on Vischer rd.

Hey we need to have a ACE get together there sometime. Donna (HOGLUVR) and boyfriend Ken are going with to NASCAR in June, have 3 extra bedrooms and 5 acres to camp on, it would b a long drive though!

Hey we need to have a ACE get together there sometime. Donna (HOGLUVR) and boyfriend Ken are going with to NASCAR in June, have 3 extra bedrooms and 5 acres to camp on, it would b a long drive though!

Nothings a long drive for me after that Breaking down across America trip I just did :lol

I'll have to ask my sis where that is as she has a cottage on the lake and is there pretty much every weekend.

VenomOnWheels

Oh yeah. Fond memories of those runs down I-75 in the Corvair Monza convertible (blue of course) to Toledo for brew. :cheers

Anybody remember the billboard on southbound I-75 just north of the border that read "Keep Michigan Beautiful. Dump Your Trash in Ohio"

Yeah, and on the flip side of that billboard on the Ohio side it said..."It's Keep Ohio Beautiful Week...Litter Michigan"! :smilelol Ok, J/K I don't remember a billboard saying that, what year was that?

?? Had to be between '67 and '71.

Oh yeah. Fond memories of those runs down I-75 in the Corvair Monza convertible (blue of course) to Toledo for brew. :cheers

Anybody remember the billboard on southbound I-75 just north of the border that read "Keep Michigan Beautiful. Dump Your Trash in Ohio"

Yeah, and on the flip side of that billboard on the Ohio side it said..."It's Keep Ohio Beautiful Week...Litter Michigan"! :smilelol Ok, J/K I don't remember a billboard saying that, what year was that?

Oh, ok. I didn't start going back and forth to Detroit until 73 thru 75.

Oh, ok. I didn't start going back and forth to Detroit until 73 thru 75.

5 years ago? :lol