NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

need ideas for our road trip honeymoon

Marco

Hey, why does an iPad not work with the forum? It won't let me type in the reply box.

Lisa, in the top right corner, click the arrow next to your name for the pull down box. Click "My Settings"

Then under General Settings uncheck "Enable visual (RTE) editor?"

Hope this helps!

Oh, and welcome to the RV life, duct tape and bailing wire are best bought in bulk...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• Desertdawg

• TheCMSH

• Big Poppa

Damn! This sounds just like something out of National Lampoons movie Vacation. What's next, dragging the family mutt behind the RV?

Thanks, Dwayne! This so beats typing on the phone!! We are now in Ft. Stockton, TX looking to find someone to do an alignment on this RV since Marco is exhausted from trying to keep the thing driving straight. My guess is we won't be able to get that done until we hit San Antonio. BP, I think we will be doing lunch at the BBQ place tomorrow since we have 280 miles until San Antonio. More stories later!

Dwayne, you're a day late and a dollar short on that advice! LOL We've had quite the trip thus far:

Get this... we are driving a 12 yr old Winnebago Rialta that has been baking in the sun for that many years! It probably had one oil change in that entire time. We just did the 2nd oil change before leaving AZ. Now, Marc's wondering if all the other fluids should have been changed. Argh! Thoughts on that anyone??!

This RV had 5000 miles when we left AZ so Marc's dad never got out in it to see America as he had wished to do. So, here we are fulfilling Kirby's dream of seeing he country he so loved.

We finally hit the road on Saturday late morning after discovering the dual LP regulator sprung a leak. After driving for an hour, we noticed the a/c wasn't too cold and had to stop at WallyWorld in Casa Grande to buy freon to recharge A/C. We then discovered the windshield wiper sprayers were dried out and broken. We made it to Camping World in Tucson and bought a new LP regulator and water cap. Thankfully Marco can fix anything! We were back on the road again.

Driving along after leaving AZ, we stopped at WallyWorld in Las Cruces, NM. We needed a couple of folding chairs and stuff. Then off to Travel America 6 miles away to hit the dumping station. I went in to pay but NO wallet!! I called WalMart and by God's good grace, they had it! Back to WallyWorld...the long way! Marco headed west down the I-10 instead of east so you know how that goes.. No exit for miles!! We eventually got my wallet....phew!!! And believe it or not, Dwayne, I had my passport and used it as proof of ownership for my wallet!! It was Marco's idea to bring passports...weird.

Driving down the road again on the way to wallet, the back shelf fell down on one side only hanging by the electrical wiring! So, the trip to WallyWorld wasn't such a waste. I bought wod glue and wood screws so Marco could go back to work on the rv! We don't want him to get all fat and lazy now, do we? LOL. Don't want him to forget HOW to work! LOL

On the way out of Las Cruces we drove down Valley Rd towards Main St and suddenly heard the train warning and saw the red lights as the barrier starts falling....on us!! We were on the tracks! Thanks to Marco's quick reflexes he throws the rv into reverse and gets us off the tracks but we are still between the barriers! I thought we were in a Stephen King novel!! This town wouldn't let us get out alive!! We made it out and into El Paso. We stayed at a cute RV resort and got a good night's sleep.

We are headed to BP's suggestion of Texas Pride BQ place outside of San Antonio. I thought it would be a great dinner place as e should be there by 5:30 or so.

We will keep you all posted. Marco will post more later ;-)

Hey, why does an iPad not work with the forum? It won't let me type in the reply box.

MARCO'S GREAT AMERICAN VACATION

Leaving Arizona...

Posted Image

Arriving in New Mexico...

Posted Image

Hope you have an awesome trip! :rockon2:

Posted ImagePosted Image totally sounds like a great adventure!!!! ..... Have fun !!!

at this rate we should look for you back in AZ by Christmas !!!! Posted Image

Keep us posted !!! & Be Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ok......we need to start a pool How many days to get back to AZ? and/or Will there be incarceration involved at some point due to moving violoations?

Thanks, Dwayne! This so beats typing on the phone!! We are now in Ft. Stockton, TX looking to find someone to do an alignment on this RV since Marco is exhausted from trying to keep the thing driving straight. My guess is we won't be able to get that done until we hit San Antonio. BP, I think we will be doing lunch at the BBQ place tomorrow since we have 280 miles until San Antonio.

More stories later!

They are closed Mondays anyway. I texted Marco the hours etc...

Did you guys check the air in the tires? 5000 miles and needs an alignment? My guess is the tires are causing the pull, not a bad alignment.

Enjoy the BBQ!!!! Ft. Stockton sucks, get outa there quick.

:funnypost: 'S You dooods crack me up! I'd guess pops hit a curb or sumptin.. I installed new Continental tires (only one set fits this in the whole world they say and hard to get 3 weeks for me) but the high winds between Lost Crustacean (Las Cruces) which as Poppa would say...was full of suck, and San Antonio countered the pull to the right for the most part. "Oh, and welcome to the RV life, duct tape and bailing wire are best bought in bulk..." No shiz Dawg! :lol Glad I brought some screws or we'da been screwed back in Lost Crab I had it to 85 MPH Ted, with room to spare...not bad for a V6 and my fat ars lol. Yea Tom, it's another National Lampoon Vacation movie in the making fer shore :smilelol "Will there be incarceration involved at some point due to moving violations?" ...or something else Jim heh heh, we're thinking at least 2 weeks or 7 years...which ever comes first.. But I'm pack'n :hunter so it'll be a Bonnie and Clyde ending before the latter :lol . JK We also stumbled into Kirby, Texas (Dads name...awwwe (insert chick pronunciation there) Yea, funny sheit dooods and doodettes, gotta keep the faith and keep on truckin in the family Truckster for the prize in the Keys (Margaritas at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville) and we'll keep postin the shiz and thanks for the well wishes! Ha ha, the management just stopped by while I sit on the stoop typing to ya'all and presented us with a gift from the management for our honeymoon...free lunch on them... Probably from the night manager, Anson, a retired rocket scientist I befriended last night and who I renamed Handsome Anson :lol .

You are passing south of Austin but if ever there the Ironworks BBQ is a must for dry BBQ. Forget tail of the dragon, you would be impeded even in your motor home. If you are taking I-40 out of Memphis you will cross US 21 in Arkansas, take it north to US 62. Turn west on 62 and you can relink to I-40 by going south on I-571. Any of the odd number highways from 5 out of Little Rock to 71 are great but US 21 is the best. Do not fish in any of the streams you cross, they all belong to me.

Was just thinking about the ACE hooligan on the road, where are you two now?

If you were on Facebook you'd know :smilelol

I'm not a pedophile so your going to have to remind me again what a Facebook is?

I'm not a pedophile so your going to have to remind me again what a Facebook is?

It's where your wife goes to be a pedophile..... :leaving

You are passing south of Austin but if ever there the Ironworks BBQ is a must for dry BBQ.

Forget tail of the dragon, you would be impeded even in your motor home.

If you are taking I-40 out of Memphis you will cross US 21 in Arkansas, take it north to US 62. Turn west on 62 and you can relink to I-40 by going south on I-571. Any of the odd number highways from 5 out of Little Rock to 71 are great but US 21 is the best.

Do not fish in any of the streams you cross, they all belong to me.

Except one stream I do own by little rock.. :neener_neener::lol Before dad died he bought grandmas farm by Little Rock from her so we're stopping there to raise the rent on the way home... The people on that 85 acre farm pay 500 bucks a year, think that may be wrong :huh

Koa in The Big Easy/ 'Orleans gettin ready for a Jimmy Buffet concert...WOOOO HOOO!

Final 4 is huge as hell out here, no where to park and everyone raised the rates for everything. :galletos: but that aint stoppin my http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/arizonavette/forums/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/LPMcrew.gif :blur:

Plus 2 ! :smilelol

nope, she is on there to play farmville and castleville and whatever other ville they have.. You guessed wrong, minus 10 posts from your post count. :lol

The farther away they get the less they tell us ... on here!

nope, she is on there to play farmville and castleville and whatever other ville they have.. You guessed wrong, minus 10 posts from your post count. :lol

That's what she tells you, minus 100 posts from your post count :lol

Since this is your honeymoon, be sure to have sex at least once in each of the 48 states. We'll see ya when you get back in about 10 years. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

It's Marco...won't take THAT long! :smilelol

:smilelol F you! :smilelol

I answered a lot of posts on the way but it looks like hardly any went through... prob the areas I was in, they were even decent responses... some even witty :crazy lol.

Hey look!....

I found the son of a bitch!!!!! :banannarainbow:

This should add to the adventure Calling airport for Helicopter and Chartering a fishing trip...perhaps :eek