NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Next generation blowers, electric?

Ted Y

The one you are not on. Listen, I am perfectly fine with an open exchange of ideas, but I am opposed to spreading bad information. You cannot and have not given an example that I requested, you have named a few models of military vehicles, yippee. Give me actual facts about their operation that makes me believe you have a shred of knowledge on the subject, because right about now, I have serious doubts.

supercharged88

ok bud when i go back to tucson this month ill take a few pics for you. make you feel happy.. doubting is great its how great things happen.

I don't need pics. I need you to explain to me a concrete example, which you say you have seen, of the operation of a turbocharged vehicle that has air, not exhaust gas, assisting in the pushing of the turbine.

supercharged88

pics will be what ill post when i go down there. no longer gonna post till i have pics.. no matter what i say or do snails your the almighty

Maybe you missed the part where I said I do not give a damn about pics. Explain to me what the operation is of this mystery machine you have worked on "many many many times" that shoves air into the turbine of a turbocharger. I would do it for you, but I am the one that has never seen it, remember?

• 1 month later...
chevyguy1969

The majority of centrifugal design compressors are not positive displacement type compressors. While they are able to move mass amounts of air they would not be very efficent in this appilcation. One example of these being used to feed a turbine would be a harrier jet with one big differance. There is fuel and fire added pior to the turbine that greatly expands the volume and pressure of the air to the turbine. Even with this if the pressure isn't controlled the air will spill back past the compressor (knowen as a stall condition).