NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A question about trannys...

anmracing2

Bromley's Corvettes

Ya I have been known to work on a C-3 once and awhile Posted Image

anmracing2

Keisler is having major problems shipping their RS transmission. People have been waiting for nearly a year after they paid for their trans, and still do not have them.

I bought a t56 magnum from American Powertrain, close ratio, car has 3.73 gears. APT has been very good to work with.

Cannot comment on the trans drivability yet. I installed it yesterday. I am waiting on the driveshaft an hydraulic master cylinder.

Did you ever get your driveshaft and master cylinder? I was kinda wondering how you like the upgrade.

anmracing2

So which trans did you go with?

We ended up ordering the 5spd. and we just got it in the mail yesterday. :banannarainbow: Waiting for the pistol grip shifter. Turns out it's on back order. So here we with the waiting game.... LOL!!!

anmracing2

I'm going to pick up the TKO600 from Amp Performance in Tempe this week. There are a ton of copies of the Kiesler setup now.

I looked at:

Hurst Drivelines

American Powertrain

Kiesler

and a few other no name shops

All in the same price range, so I figured I would suck it up, pay the tax and support a local business.

We went with Kiesler because they have the complete kit for the car we are dealing with. Crossmember, drive shaft and the pistol grip shifter. The local business that is going to do the instal rocks and always does a good job for me.

anmracing2

Ya I have been known to work on a C-3 once and awhile Posted Image

From all the pix I have seen, it looks like Bromley does some really good work.

Bromley's Corvettes

My self and some of my customers have had bad experiences with kiesler I hope it works out well for you. They say they have complete kits but dont have everything in stock and there tech department is a joke lol. If you need anything your on your own. I buy from AMP they are largest Tremec dealer in AZ.

Maybe it's a GM thing.... :lol They have the conversion kit I need and I couln't find it anywhere else. Even MOPAR didn't have what I needed, wanted.... I kept hearing about how long it takes to get a transmission to them. I was so totally surprised when I got it in three weeks. They didn't send the driveshaft because I need to do some measuring so I understand that part. I don't know how they do it for the Corvettes. The crossmember is another issue. So I'm waiting to see how they take care of me on that before I say anything one way or another. They have been upfront with me on all my question and they respond the same day on my email so I can't complain that they don't respond. I'm gonna start tearin' chit apart soon. And of course I'll take tons of pix. Can't wait.