NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Has anyone used a master blaster to air dry their car?

Extender32

Ted, it's not hard to add 20 amp dedicated breaker to you garage, service panel is probably right next to it.

Make sure the wire size is a # 12 and on a GROUND Fault Breaker for garage or outside use. a GFI receptacle is MUCH cheaper than a breaker again it has to be rated for 20 amps. But changing the breaker to a larger size is DANGEROUS if the wire will not support the additional draw. You do not want to start an electrical fire.

It's on my "Neat to have" list, not my "Need to have" list.

I got mine at autoanything.com and I got it for $263 shipping included but I did hit it when they were having a 15% off sale plus free shipping on all orders over $150. Anyway, I used it today; just pluged it into an extension cord in my garage and I just let it rip. That baby really throws out the air. I did get a lot of over spray but I think with a little finese, it'll be a great asset to my detailing kit.

Thats what i've heard. My buddy who owns the Camaro said the same thing. First time water got blown all over lol, but if you work your way from the top down and learn how to hit it with the air just right, it speeds things up a lot. I watched him do his rather quickly and its so nice not having those runs all over the place when you finish and take it for a spin :3gears:

I used it on the Vette for the first time yesterday and this time I changed to a smaller nozzle with much better results. I still used a microfiber for a couple of spots but it worked extremely well. Still no issue with running both blower motors and overloading circuits in the garage.

It took me about to 10 min to get the car completly dry. So I'll say maybe 10 min it what it saved me but no water spots.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

It took me about to 10 min to get the car completly dry. So I'll say maybe 10 min it what it saved me but no water spots.

10 min to dry spot free isnt bad at all....very cool :partydance:

Lets us know how much your electric bills go up for the super hair dryer mod. Hehehe I must be stripped of my Corvette badge because at times, I will spray it down at a car wash and drive off using the 65 MPH to the house Air Dry method. Not very effective, and the results are below par, but saves 20 minutes of towel dry. Keep in mind, this is a guy who left his Vette out in the German elements for two years. Rain, sleet, snow, shine, bird crap, tree sap, etc. Maybe that's why I am not so picky now.....But, if I get a new Vette, I am sure I will take a more invested approach in cleanliness. You'd be appalled at how my Yukon has become a scientific experiment with dirt lately. Hahahaha. Ok, it's not THAT bad, but the Yukon gets rationed TLC on a monthly basis.

Lets us know how much your electric bills go up for the super hair dryer mod. Hehehe

I must be stripped of my Corvette badge because at times, I will spray it down at a car wash and drive off using the 65 MPH to the house Air Dry method. Not very effective, and the results are below par, but saves 20 minutes of towel dry. Keep in mind, this is a guy who left his Vette out in the German elements for two years. Rain, sleet, snow, shine, bird crap, tree sap, etc. Maybe that's why I am not so picky now.....But, if I get a new Vette, I am sure I will take a more invested approach in cleanliness.

You'd be appalled at how my Yukon has become a scientific experiment with dirt lately. Hahahaha. Ok, it's not THAT bad, but the Yukon gets rationed TLC on a monthly basis.

I won't see any real big increases in my electric bill until this summer as I pay a flat rate anyway. Where in Germany? Ramstein, Spandhalem, or some poor army post?

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Lets us know how much your electric bills go up for the super hair dryer mod. Hehehe

I must be stripped of my Corvette badge because at times, I will spray it down at a car wash and drive off using the 65 MPH to the house Air Dry method. Not very effective, and the results are below par, but saves 20 minutes of towel dry. Keep in mind, this is a guy who left his Vette out in the German elements for two years. Rain, sleet, snow, shine, bird crap, tree sap, etc. Maybe that's why I am not so picky now.....But, if I get a new Vette, I am sure I will take a more invested approach in cleanliness.

You'd be appalled at how my Yukon has become a scientific experiment with dirt lately. Hahahaha. Ok, it's not THAT bad, but the Yukon gets rationed TLC on a monthly basis.

You....you make me cry :facepalm: . Why do you do such awful things!