NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Has anyone used a master blaster to air dry their car?

Extender32

I have been eyeing a Master Blaster car dryer for the better part of a year now. I finally broke down and bought the top-of-the-line model yesterday. The video that is available on autoanything.com website looks like it would work pretty good at quickly drying the car and eliminating those pesky waterspots. Does anyone have one and what's your opinion of them?

I've been using a strong leaf blower. I wanted the heated Master Blaster until I learned it draws 19 amps. All my outlets in the garage and outside are on a 15 amp circuit. I'm still using a leaf blower and a towel with good results.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

I have been eyeing a Master Blaster car dryer for the better part of a year now. I finally broke down and bought the top-of-the-line model yesterday. The video that is available on autoanything.com website looks like it would work pretty good at quickly drying the car and eliminating those pesky waterspots. Does anyone have one and what's your opinion of them?

Is this the one you're talking about? http://www.autogeek.net/mema.html

If so, i dont personally own one but i have a customer of mine whos Camaro I just detailed last week that owns one. He offered to wash the car before we got there just to save time...and when we pulled up he was using it to dry it off.

It definitely has power...but he was explaining it takes a little bit of learning to get a good technique, because if you hit the water in the wrong way, it just "Explodes into a million little drops" is the way he put it.

Ive used a leaf blower for quite a while on wash jobs that really helps. It surely lessens your dry time and helps a LOT with spots like door handles, rear view mirrors, body lines etc so that way you aren't chasing drips all day long.

Unless you actually have soft water...like SUPER soft, then after the blowing i'd go around with a soft microfiber and get the left over spots. Also if you spray the whole car with a spray wax or spray detailer before you do your final dry, it really helps eliminate any streaks.

If so, i dont personally own one but i have a customer of mine whos Camaro I just detailed last week that owns one. He offered to wash the car before we got there just to save time...and when we pulled up he was using it to dry it off.

It definitely has power...but he was explaining it takes a little bit of learning to get a good technique, because if you hit the water in the wrong way, it just "Explodes into a million little drops" is the way he put it.

Ive used a leaf blower for quite a while on wash jobs that really helps. It surely lessens your dry time and helps a LOT with spots like door handles, rear view mirrors, body lines etc so that way you aren't chasing drips all day long.

Unless you actually have soft water...like SUPER soft, then after the blowing i'd go around with a soft microfiber and get the left over spots. Also if you spray the whole car with a spray wax or spray detailer before you do your final dry, it really helps eliminate any streaks.

Yep, that's the one I bought. Autoanything was giving 15% off plus free shipping. I've always used an air compressor for the door jams, mirrors, side markers, wheels, etc for quite a while with great success but it's still too time comsuming so I hope this will help save some time on detailing the cars.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Yep, that's the one I bought. Autoanything was giving 15% off plus free shipping. I've always used an air compressor for the door jams, mirrors, side markers, wheels, etc for quite a while with great success but it's still too time comsuming so I hope this will help save some time on detailing the cars.

Yeah it is sometimes hard to squeeze in time to get ALL areas. Door jambs and things like that especially...and they tend to get so dirty so fast out here in AZ. It does help save a lot of time though, even compared to just towel drying the big panels...the blower makes it quicker. If you need any other help/advice with paint care just shoot me a PM :thumbs

I've been using a strong leaf blower. I wanted the heated Master Blaster until I learned it draws 19 amps. All my outlets in the garage and outside are on a 15 amp circuit. I'm still using a leaf blower and a towel with good results.

I'm with Ted on the leaf blower.

Been using it for years,a little bulky at times,but works great.

Still old fashion towel dry, tried the leaf blower a couple times, didn't really like the results. Still use compressor to blow out all the nooks and crannies including the mirrors, body seams, under the sill plates and the tail lights.

Still old fashion towel dry, tried the leaf blower a couple times, didn't really like the results. Still use compressor to blow out all the nooks and crannies including the mirrors, body seams, under the sill plates and the tail lights.

You and me both. Shop air to blow out the nooks and crannies, and waffle weave towels to do the rest.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

You and me both. Shop air to blow out the nooks and crannies, and waffle weave towels to do the rest.

Only thing ive HEARD of that may be an issue with that is if you end up with small bits of rust or debris in the tank..and then the compressor blows it against your paint. Now like i said..thats just something ive heard..and makes sense that it COULD happen...so maybe a filter at the compressor would be a good safety measure..but that might be overly protective...then again you're talking to a guy here who ziplock's his microfibers and his pads :LolLol:

Guest badbobs95

Would you PLEASE put me in your will? Posted Image Those little buggers are expensive. Posted ImagePosted Image That's me.

Corvettes can be drippy in specific areas. The mirrors are the worst. I have to recheck several times even with a blower.

I like the idea that this master blaster also contains a heating element. This should really help the drying effectivness.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

Would you PLEASE put me in your will? Posted Image Those little buggers are expensive. Posted ImagePosted Image That's me.

Can i come over and borrow it after you get it lol

Sorry but no; there are several women at work that have asked me to adopt them. I think I'd get a better ROI with them than with you.

Ted,

My master blaster just arrived and to my discovery, in the 8HP version, there are 2 4HP motors that can be ran together or independtly. Maybe you could get just the 4hp version and not go over the 19amps. I have also read the instruction manual and nowhere did it say that it drew 19 amps or needed anything out of the ordinary. I'm gonna give it a whirl this weekend and I'll let you now how it works.

Ted, it's not hard to add 20 amp dedicated breaker to you garage, service panel is probably right next to it.

It's on my "Neat to have" list, not my "Need to have" list.

I got mine at autoanything.com and I got it for $263 shipping included but I did hit it when they were having a 15% off sale plus free shipping on all orders over $150. Anyway, I used it today; just pluged it into an extension cord in my garage and I just let it rip. That baby really throws out the air. I did get a lot of over spray but I think with a little finese, it'll be a great asset to my detailing kit.

Wills.WindowsAndWheels

It's on my "Neat to have" list, not my "Need to have" list.

I got mine at autoanything.com and I got it for $263 shipping included but I did hit it when they were having a 15% off sale plus free shipping on all orders over $150. Anyway, I used it today; just pluged it into an extension cord in my garage and I just let it rip. That baby really throws out the air. I did get a lot of over spray but I think with a little finese, it'll be a great asset to my detailing kit.

Thats what i've heard. My buddy who owns the Camaro said the same thing. First time water got blown all over lol, but if you work your way from the top down and learn how to hit it with the air just right, it speeds things up a lot. I watched him do his rather quickly and its so nice not having those runs all over the place when you finish and take it for a spin :3gears: