NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

National Drive Your Corvette Day

Guest LT4ME

Guest LT4ME

Found this on the national boards:

Reminder:

Friday, June 30 will be the 53rd anniversary of the day the first Corvette rolled out of assembly, and it is National Drive Your Corvette To Work Day.

Let's hear some rolling thunder and see some eye candy out there on Friday y'all!

Speedratchet

Some additional information from another forum.

For those that don't drive their Corvette to work every day ...

June 30, 2006 - 6th Annual

-"Drive Your Corvette To Work Day"-

...Celebrating The Enjoyment of America's Sports Car

Friday, June 30th, is the date of the 6th Annual Drive Your Corvette To Work Day, sponsored by Mid America Motorworks. In honor of Drive Your Corvette To Work Day, enthusiasts across the United States make "America's Sports Car" their commuter car for the day. Every year, the Friday closest to June 30, Corvettes official birthday, is chosen to observe Drive Your Corvette To Work Day this is the first year the event actually fell on the same day.

Mid America Motorworks promotes Drive Your Corvette To Work Day among Corvette owners and clubs. The goal is to have as many Corvette owners as possible drive their car to work that day. Launched in 2001, Mid America Motorworks' Drive Your Corvette To Work Day is an annual event celebrated by thousands of Corvette owners.

"We understand why many owners consider their Corvette to be a special car and only drive it occasionally," said Mike Yager, founder and "Chief Cheerleader" of Mid America Motorworks, the world's leading supplier of Corvette parts and accessories. "But we think driving your Corvette to work, at least one day a year, is an excellent way to demonstrate just how popular Corvettes are. And it is a chance for Corvette owners to meet new Corvette owners."

Corvette owners who observe "Drive Your Corvette To Work Day" are encouraged to send high resolution digital pictures of their car at work to clubs@mamotorworks.com . Mid America Motorworks will post as many pictures as possible.

I'll plan on getting my pic in front of the office...

anybody want to join me for a brief photo shoot around 7:30?

Michael

post-7-1151597257.jpg

Michael

REDX.jpg

Michael

REDX.jpg

own3d. :huh

REDX.jpg

I don't get it Eddie...

QUOTE:

Corvette owners who observe "Drive Your Corvette To Work Day" are encouraged to send high resolution digital pictures of their car at work to clubs@mamotorworks.com . Mid America Motorworks will post as many pictures as possible.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Mike, your pic is a big Red X. It isn't showing up.

I would love to take my car to work tomorrow and park it in front of the HUGE "THESE COLORS DONT RUN" American Flag we have on the side of the building, however, this would mean I have to stop traffic (on the access road (on/off ramp). Any volunteers to stop traffic for me so I can get my photo op done? lol.

Its in a rough part of town and Im sure we would get shot if we stopped traffic so I could get a picture of MY C5 under the flag. But damn, it would be a REALLY cool picture. lol.

Oh well. Maybe next time. I still gotta go get a hose clamp for the coolant line that popped off on the mini ride on Father's Day. lol. I have not driven the car since Father's Day. Ouch, Im a bad mommy!

Mike, your pic is a big Red X. It isn't showing up.

ahhhh...I see, said blind man.

Sorry about that - it showed up fine on my mac.

Let me try this instead.

How's this?

...and Tanya - you're not a bad mommy, but instead, a BAD mommmy! :smilelol:smilelol

post-7-1151602674.jpg

Guest intmd8r

Man, I would love to do a photoshoot, but I have to be to work (in Scottsdale) by 7:45 or so. Even though I may think it's a good reason, something tells me the owner wouldn't understand why I couldn't make it there on time! :smilelol

it showed up fine on my mac.

Doesn't even take a paid investigator to figure out the problem here! :leaving

it showed up fine on my mac.

Doesn't even take a paid investigator to figure out the problem here! :leaving

:smilelol:smilelol

I take it the second pic worked ok???

Got the OK from proper offices to shoot pic's on the squre with ASC - no events and no problems.

I know they have club car shows out there on occaisions - on weekends.

I was wondering if anyone else might want to do that in the future?

Any interest???

Michael

Any interest???

Michael

Oh yeah! but later in the fall? How many cars can we cram into the square directly in front?

M~

Any interest???

Michael

Oh yeah! but later in the fall? How many cars can we cram into the square directly in front?

M~

Most I've seen would be about 30, that's using the entire square...and fall would be GREAT idea.

I've seen a Jaguar, Ferrari and Cadillac club do events here, and I think a Good Guys show once.

There's also downtown secutiry to keep an eye on things.

MH

I took the day off, but maybe I can drive the 72 around the block and wake up my neighbors at about 6 in the morning :D

Will be sitting in the covered parking space tomorrow. Maybe will get a pic in front of the Rockford signs. :D

Guest intmd8r

Any interest???

Michael

M~

I'm game for that too! That would make an AWESOME pic! :thumbs

As for today, Mike's taking the camera, because the Ford dealer is funnier than a Real Estate Company. whaat.gif

Guest XLR8TNC5

Mark was a sweetheart yesterday and he fixed my coolant hose leaking problem. THANKS BABE!!!! :thumbs

So, I get to drive my ride today as well! Unfortunately, I will be driving it to the Tempe Receiving Dock/Depot and I don't think there will be any cool photo-ops, unless I get it parked next to a Holsum Semi or something! I don't know. We will see what happens.

Later all,

Tanya