NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Greetings from Bloomington Gold

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

:howdy from Chicago

bg06_01.jpg

I came across a few Vettes the weekend before last. Thought you all might like to have a look.

bg06_02.jpg

The weather was a little gloomy, but this proves once and for all that Corvettes do not melt in the rain.

bg06_03.jpg

I've never seen so many Vettes in one place at one time, and they are all just about perfect. Puts the Pavs to shame.

bg06_04.jpg

bg06_05.jpg

No, that 5th one in is not my former '79.

bg06_06.jpg

Thought about taking this '53 home, but I don't think it's new owner was down with that.

bg06_07.jpg

All up for auction. Too bad I only have a one car garage.

Here are some survivors. All the following cars are original, and unrestored!

bg06_08.jpg

bg06_09.jpg

What do you think this L88 is worth?

bg06_10.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble

More survivors...

bg06_11.jpg

bg06_12.jpg

I know you all like black, so I had to include this midyear.

bg06_13.jpg

This top has not been down in over 30 years, That's a crime!

bg06_14.jpg

bg06_15.jpg

Yes, even C4s are getting some recognition. This '84 is absolutely perfect. You'd swear it's brand new.

DSC01945.JPG

Hey, how did that get in there? Okay, so there just happened to be a national DeLorean show being held at the same resort at the same time. What a coincidence!

DSC01958.JPG

And I just happened to be a Concours judge at that DeLorean show. Yes, we even check the air pressure in the tires. This car just lost a 1/4 of a point!

DSC01932.JPG

Guess what? The new guy gets to judge the undercarriage. Thank God this event was indoors on carpet!

And that concludes my summer vacation report. See you all again next year! :howdy

Very :cool:cool Great pics! :thumbs

I was back there 3 wks ago. Bad timing on my part to miss what looks like a great show. We had to move the kid out of his dorm though and he couldn't wait 3 wks. Good to hear from you and don't be such a stranger! :cheers

Hi Dan! :howdy Great Pics and Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a good time! Hope to see ya again soon Dan. :thumbs

AWESOME AWESOME PICS DAN! Nice to see you again. We all miss you!

Tanya

:howdy thanks for stoppin' in dan - there's a post or 2 asking where you've been - i'm sure you can find it just by searching topic title for Dan! :D

Aww-thanks for including us Dan! Quit being such a stranger - glad you're up to some fun though! Those are some sweet pics! :cool

M~

AWESOME AWESOME PICS DAN! Nice to see you again. We all miss you!

Tanya

:agree

See you soon!

BTW, I got my CFI and CFI-I this month...I also got hired by the school as a paid instructor. When you want to get your currency renewed????

Michael

Nice Pic I want to rebuild a oldie one day c2 body style...63 split yea right don't have that kind of money.......

Who is this Dan guy?????? :P

That is some kick a$$ pix.... ;)

Even checking the air pressure????? Checking to make sure the DMC had summer air??? ;) JK...

It's nice to hear from you. Sounds like a fantasic time.....

Did you move out there or something?? I must have missed the memo.....

Andrew

Guest Kens06

Damn Dan, we thought you were dead!!

Are you a snowbird now or what??

Thanks for checkin in, we miss your smiling face!! :yesnod

Ken

Blacksedan87

Now tell the truth - you didn't go all the way to Chicago and St. Charles for that little Corvette show, did you? You say it's better than the Pavs (Bloomington Gold vs. the Pavs :rolleyes ) - I'll bet you didn't hear the Man Song even one time! Better? :ack I DON'T THINK SO!!!! :smilelol

Don't be sucha stranga! :howdy

:2cents Oh and BTW - while I admire those survivors, I can't help but think what a waste. To own a Corvette and never drive it - it's kinda like being a man and only using your.....oh, better not say that!