NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

11/11/11 Veterans Day, FNBADAZ06 was liberated.....

FNBADAZ06

.......at 8:54:18 P.M. MST.........from the 11's :rockon2:

Speedworld Dragstrip

60.1* , 29.88 in Hg barometric pressure, 41% humidity

Density Altitude: 2028 feet

Relative Density: 94.2 %

I'll post the specifics tomorrow morning and a copy of the slip :thumbs

.......at 8:54:18 P.M. MST.........from the 11's :rockon2:

Speedworld Dragstrip

60.1* , 29.88 in Hg barometric pressure, 41% humidity

Density Altitude: 2028 feet

Relative Density: 94.2 %

I'll post the specifics tomorrow morning and a copy of the slip :thumbs

Just waiting for the time in your sig to change. :thumbs

Hurry up Victor! What's the deal? You can go fast down the track, but take all night to take a pic of your slip and post it? You need to photoshop it or something? :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Sorry for the delay....was sleepy and intoxicated. :smilelol

First pass of the night, to see what the track would hold...

11.3176@122.78 on a 1.7344 60' at 8:10 PM

58.8* 29.90 in Hg 45% humidity Density Altitude: 1926 feet Relative Density: 94.49 %

Posted Image

Hot lapped the car...raised the launch RPM a bit.

Rewarded with a 11.0162@127.62 on a 1.5972 60' at 8:14 PM

58.8* 29.90 in Hg 45% humidity Density Altitude: 1926 feet Relative Density: 94.49 %

Posted Image

Thinking the night was only going to get cooler, I let her sit for 40 minutes, then lined her up.

BAM !!!! Another spot on launch at approximately 4700 RPM and another great 60' time of 1.5987...hit 2nd but the clutch slips a tiny bit upon WOT....Oh NO !!!!!

But, she locks back up and the car starts pulling hard again, 2-3 at 7000 RPM holds firm...... 7.0607@100.27 at the 1/8 mile split .....I think she's going to do it !!!!! 3-4 shift at around the 1000' mark at 7000 RPM, heading for the home stretch and nothing more to do than just keep my foot buried into the throttle and out the back door.

SHAZZAM !!!!!!

My NEW PB on ET at both the 1/8 mile split and 1/4 mile..........

and my goal has been realized.

10.9504@128.71 MPH ..............my first 10 second pass and entry into the C6 Z06 Fast List 10 Second fraternity, but more importantly....done on my home track in Arizona and at altitude. I think all other stock/near stock C6 Z06's that have gone into the 10's had the benifit of DA's at or below sea level.

10.9504@128.71 on a 1.5987 60'

Record Run @ 8:54 PM 60.1* 29.88 in Hg 41% humidity Density Altitude: 2028 feet Relative Density: 94.2 %

Posted Image

Eager to go celebrate, I didn't make another backup pass immediatley, so I went over to hang with my buddies who were present and watched it go down.

Oddly enough, the air didn't get any better as the evening wore on and in may have got a bit worse. I let the car sit again for 30 minutes as we watched a new red Mustang 5.0 GT try to kill himself by spinning nearly into a wall, while almost collecting a nice blue SRT8 Challenger in the opposing lane as well.

Dumb ass.....he kept his foot in it when he spun on the launch, thinking he was going to recover the run. It looked to all hell that a crash was imminent but fate stepped in a saved his ass, along with the SRT8 that he surely would've taken out as well.

Watched BobJ take the traction limted CTS-V down the track a few more times...spinning down the entire track to a new PB of 12.24.

John, who drove in from Tucson(!), also ran a new PB while experiencing severe traction woes, in his cammed white Pontiac G8...a 12.8492@109.36 on a 2.05 60'.

MikeG punched out a 10.99 earlier, but was starting to get some wheel spin which kept him from running any faster last night.

Finally, I decided to give it another go, so I got her into the burnout box and executed the burnout, but they held me from staging as the previous car left something on the track.

DAMN !!!! There went my cool down period as my ECT's were now back at 200* . After a few minutes, they let me perform another small burnout and I got her staged, threw a modest 1.6388 60', and ran a less than stellar 11.0702@127.62

Meh.

60.1* 29.88 in Hg 41% humidity Density Altitude: 2028 feet Relative Density: 94.2 %

Posted Image

Picking up my time slip, I noticed a little extra chatter on the radio in the ticket booth as I waited for him to hand me the slip.

Thinking something was up, I decided to perform a hot lap again just in case I was going to get "the talk".

Water temps at 205* following the burnout, I hurry to get staged before another car tries to get lined up with me.....MUST.........KEEP........ECT's........DOWN !!!

Decided to go for broke, I slowly brought RPM's to 5000 RPM, not caring what the tree was doing (reaction time 1.8047 seconds :lol )

BAM !!!! New PB on a 60' of 1.5934 !!!!

1-2 shift coming up

.......BAM !!!, clutch locks up !!!! Feeling it, I get to the 1/8 mile split, which is near my 2-3 shift.

BAM !!!!! Hit it perfectly and run a new PB in 1/8 mile ET and MPH with a 7.0576@101.28 MPH !!!!

AMERICA. ....... F*CK YEAH !!!!!!

Wide f*ckin' open throttle, I head for the final shift, and home.

Then, I do the unthinkable............................

For some stupid reason that only God Himself knows...........I short shift the 3-4 shift at 6700 RPM..

Are YOU F*CKIN'KIDDING ME !!!!!!!! WHY, WHY, WHY, did I do this ??????

I knew I blew it right there and then, I ran thru the traps and didn't bother running it out the back for the MPH.

Pulling up to the ticket booth, I had a welcoming party of SW employees, to include the track dirctor for the night. He laughs when I pull up, ask me how fast I've been running tonight, and with a big shit eating grin gives me the time slip, pats me on the back and congratulates me on achieving my goal, and tells me I'm done for the night.

10.9706@123.32

60.1* 29.88 in Hg 41% humidity Density Altitude: 2028 feet Relative Density: 94.2 %

Posted Image

Well, that would have been my record run...but alas, it would only be my 2nd best of the night but vindication that the first wasn't a fluke.

FNBADAZ06 is finally a 10 second street car :3gears:

Not too shabby! Now you just need to work on your reaction times and you might be a little faster yet.

Not too shabby! Now you just need to work on your reaction times and you might be a little faster yet.

:smilelol Yep, if I was racing, reaction time and cutting a light is imperative.

Luckily, when ET chasing, none of that matters as the timer's start only after you've broken the staging beams. I could sit there all night and it wouldn't affect my ET or MPH. :thumbs

With a full stereo system no less!!!! Great job Victor!

Thanks, Jon. And to answer your other question on the AZDG boards....no, I didn' get any logs. I didn't get a chance to read any of the FAQ's on HP Tuners to understand the general operation of the scanner.

I might try to use it this morning at AMP.

U R DA MAN! Congrats!

Thanks, Oli !!! :partydance:

Had Bob and Lou out with me last night too.....Bob had traction issues with the CTS-V, but still went 12.42(?) spinning all the way.

I might loan him the drag radials next time :)

p.s. brother A.J. says "yo".

Great Job! Welcome to the 10's :partygrnhat:

I'm closing in on ya, bud !!! :edward:

Could the skinnies be the equalizer ?....don't know, but I think we're going to find out :3gears:

Cool that you were out there to see it go down :thumbs

That is awesome Victor!

Thank ya, ma'am :thumbs

Congrats on hitting your goal Victor! I gotta get my lazy ass out there to try for my 11 slip soon. Very very impressive with the DA over 2000 ft, go tell the sea level boys on the big board to read it and weep! :cool

Thanks Victor, My best was 12.24, shameful for a car with so much power. But as we all know, it ain't as easy as it looks! I never took the traction control off since everyone was complaining about traction. RT .1904 60" 1.911 1/8th ET 7.997 1/8th MPH 93.40 1/4 ET 12.24 1/4 MPH 116.13 I did trap 119 one run, had a .033 RT one run, but never put it all together. I think it will do 11.70 "as is" with drag radials, with a tune maybe 11.40, 11:30? It was fun..... Bob

Thanks Victor,

My best was 12.24, shameful for a car with so much power. But as we all know, it ain't as easy as it looks! I never took the traction control off since everyone was complaining about traction.

RT .1904

60" 1.911

1/8th ET 7.997

1/8th MPH 93.40

1/4 ET 12.24

1/4 MPH 116.13

I did trap 119 one run, had a .033 RT one run, but never put it all together. I think it will do 11.70 "as is" with drag radials, with a tune maybe 11.40, 11:30?

It was fun.....

Bob

Next time if the wheels will fit, we can slap the drag radials on it.....then you'll be able to realize all that power.....I think low-mid 11's at 120+ is a reality..maybe even faster :3gears:

If we don't hookup before the holidays, have a Happy Thanksgiving, bud :thumbs

Very cool and congrats. :thumbs I knew you'd do it sooner or later. It's proof that seat time is more important that any other single factor. The driver mod wins again, :clap although I think those new Katech valve covers helped. :LolLol: Welcome to the group of 10 second daily drivers. :welcome: Just one side comment. Don't get yourself hooked on the Dragtimes DA. Their data comes from sources with significantly differing weather patterns than those at either Speedworld or Firebird.

Freak'n Awesome. Congrats Victor!!! You've put alot of time in the seat and your practice has paid off. Nicely done!