PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY

Guest AZviperMike

Guest AZviperMike

Well i wanted to wake this forum up so i will post how you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! First open your favorite bread of choice. I go with a nice wheat bread so i can have less calories in the bread and enjoy more in my peanut butter Next get your favorite brand of peanut butter which today we will use Jiffy with nutz! I like Jiffy with nutz because of added flavor and a cruchy texture Next make sure you have a favorite jelly or jam to use i always go with apple butter myself but you can make your favorite pick as well Next spread the peanut butter on the bread in about a 1/8 inch layer ensuring you spread it smoothly and cover all the edges! No sense in eating the bread without the spread on it! Next don't lick the knofe as you will need it to spread the jelly as you don't want to cross contimanate the jelly jar or peanut butter Now either spread the jelly on the bread with a spoon, or the knife or even squeeze it on with the latest high tech jelly containers they have. Once the jelly is on the bread smooth it out and cover the edges and ensure thickness is about 1/8 inch also. A good measuring tool is about the 3rd serated edge on a typical butter knife. Now dont smash the bread together as we want to keep out sandwhich looking nice since this is as valuable as the corvette in the garage and should be treated with care. The final key step is pour a large glass of Milk of your choice! Now sit down in your chair and enjoy your PB&J and for a side snack you can have the Cheese and Wine platter on the ACE forum posting to fill you up!

U forgot the instructions on proper procedure to opening the jars. Im more of an almond butter/honey sammich guy myself.

Guest AZviperMike

Thanks Steve! I would post that but now we are into the super technical aspects of the procedure. Once we have our vote we will then know if we can actually post this type of info! I can think of many ways to open a jar especially on ACE! Some ways are easier than others and well some are so funny that they might offend a few of the tightly wound ones on here!

I have a technical question about the "typical butter knife" used in your preparation: How many serrations does a typical butter knife have??? How do I know if my knife is "typical" instead of something like a metric knife that has weird serrations?

Guest AZviperMike

I will have to check and see how many different ypes there are out there. Mine have 14 serrated edges on them and i really do not want to give a wrong answer as we have enough poles about useless topics already ongoing!

wow, really great write up there mike, this thread should be pinned as the information here truly is beneficial to most (if not all) of ACE. I cant begin to explain how difficult it is to to find a solid write up on how to properly prepare a pb&j as presented here by Mike. I've seen other write ups online but they were done by some stupid young ricer kids and you could tell. I mean they were cross contaminating, had horrible peanut butter to jelly ratios, and one dude even used a fork :facepalm::yourock:

I hope Mike also shares his approved vendor list for the Jiffy with nutz and apple butter.

Guest AZviperMike

I will contact the suppliers and ensure they have other ACE members approval before posting this info! I really do not want members asking were to get this from and info and then buying from a vendor that never comes on ACE! I mean really that would never happen on here!

Guest AZviperMike

Poppa said it's good and animal friendly! Steve you should really share your expertise with pumpkin as i know your the master!

This time of year pumpkin is in everything, and I like it. Im definitely getting enough Vitamin A hence why I look "orange."

Guest AZviperMike

yes you are! Well post up the pumpkin as we are no longer a car forum we are a do it your self Betty Crocker forum! I will start selling easy bakes on the for sale section!

yes you are! Well post up the pumpkin as we are no longer a car forum we are a do it your self Betty Crocker forum! I will start selling easy bakes on the for sale section!

I take my pumpkin creations to the grave.