C5.5 Bumper

GuyverVette

That does look strange...hard to improve on the design without changing the lights and the slope. The C6 lines are great but I don't see how you could make something similar. I think being a mouth breather instead of a bottom feeder would be a BIG improvement on the cooling too.

Well, that is just a quick feeler I pulled in photoshop while I was posting. If I were to design a bumper for the C4 I wouldn't necessarily design something that would make it look like a C5 or a C6, Id rather come up with something that looks original and flows with the car.

The problem I had with the C5 Corvettes is that it is just a translation of the C4's front into a rounded body, Even GM admits that they rushed the design of the C5 because the executives were looking to kill the Corvette (as many other times has been attempted)

Paco, not sure if you've seen this, but people at the big forum were very interested in this front, were eager to get it, but fizzled out by the pricing(imported overseas). Imo, best front I've seen on the c4, and is probably functional.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brand is BSM.

Do you offer paint services?

Sorry, I don't have a paint booth, but I can recommend you a couple very professional paint shops that I've worked with. Do you need your car painted or are you interested on one of our bumpers??

debating on a bumper.

Well, thanks for your interest!! Let me know if you have any questions.

We haven't sold a bumper to an FRC owner yet, so you'd be the first FRC with a C5.5 bumper if you decide to buy one. And we'd love to have a professional photoshoot of your car if you allow us to do so :thumbs

I am seriously debating this as a Christmas present to myself... I want to paint the car but I keep looking at this bumper instead. Really tempting.

Paco, have you ever considered doing rear fender flares for the c5?

Hey, yeah I thought of designing some flared fender or just an add-on flare. I've just seen so many terribly done wide body kits on C5's that for a moment I thought C5's shouldn't be widened, but let me think of something. Thanks for the suggestion.

I am seriously debating this as a Christmas present to myself... I want to paint the car but I keep looking at this bumper instead. Really tempting.

Nice Xmas gift!! :yourock: We can take a 50% hold payment to make sure you can have your bumper by that time, we usually get more busy during the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump bump!! We have one bumper available, we might need to take pre-orders to be able to have more bumpers ready for the holiday season since our fiberglass tech usually takes two or three weeks of vacations. :thankyou:

I know someone who works at Firebird and just bought a C5.... I'll remind him your on here... :thumbs

Awesome!! Thanks a lot :thankyou:

still on the fence, can I come by sometime to see one in person. Im gettin a bit of a 98+ v6 firebird feel from some of the pics (completely diff I know, but something about it). I wanna see it before I piss off the wife.

still on the fence, can I come by sometime to see one in person. Im gettin a bit of a 98+ v6 firebird feel from some of the pics (completely diff I know, but something about it). I wanna see it before I piss off the wife.

Of course, you can come check it out anytime you want. Right now I'm installing another bumper in my car to get it painted hopefully I'll be at Pavilions this saturday

I'm picking my car from the paint shop in a few and I might have a photoshoot later this week if anyone wants to join for the shoot. :partydance:

Paco, not sure if you've seen this, but people at the big forum were very interested in this front, were eager to get it, but fizzled out by the pricing(imported overseas). Imo, best front I've seen on the c4, and is probably functional.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Brand is BSM.

Ummm....ya...I wonder why they were turned off by the price LOL...... $1800 before shipping. I will say that is the best looking C4 front I have seen. I actually have a couple molds already done for the C4s from some of the race cars. I have the molds for the real wide body C4 race cars etc. And a mold for the high rise cowl induction style hood for the C4s.

• 1 month later...

HHHHMMMM I keep thinking about this, whats the wait time I am looking to buy middle of January after things have settled down from the holiday and... ex front.

HHHHMMMM I keep thinking about this, whats the wait time I am looking to buy middle of January after things have settled down from the holiday and... ex front.

We expect to have a bigger volume of sales this holiday season, but it usually takes from one to two weeks when we don't have any in stock.

Thanks for your interest :)

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.