C5.5 Bumper

GuyverVette

Hi Guys, I've been out of the forums scene for a while, too busy trying to run my little side business, but it seems like things are working better now and I think we are ready to satisfy the demand of custom bumpers. So we have two C5.5 bumpers on stock ready to go to a new home. I already sold two bumpers locally so you might see a couple Vettes with our C5.5 bumper driving around. We've been selling the bumper for $750 but for a short time we will be offering them at only $600 and we will be more than happy to help with the installation. Feel free to visit our new Webpage and Online store: http://www.2fperformance.com/ Also come to our Facebook fan page and like it for the latest updates on our products and cool photos and videos: http://www.facebook.com/2FPerformance Thanks for watching :)

post-672-002674400 1317143803.jpg

post-672-076956900 1317143840.jpg

post-672-091698800 1317143938.jpg

Damn! I like it. I'll take one with some help lol. Need a few weeks till I get some extra time. Sweeeeet! Edit Question.. Is there any problems with fitting?

Damn! I like it. I'll take one with some help lol. Need a few weeks till I get some extra time. Sweeeeet!

Edit Question.. Is there any problems with fitting?

Hi Marco, thanks for asking :)

The bumper fits perfectly, there's no modifications required to the body of your car.

post-672-058746100 1317149800.jpg

You only need to add a pair of C6 corner markers (you can get them in Orange, Clear or Smoked) and a pair of C6 foglamps. Which we also offer with an LED turn signal conversion for an updated look ;)

post-672-006709300 1317149868.jpg

post-672-028083700 1317150004.jpg

post-672-069288600 1317150023.jpg

Wrong section dude.

Oh my... sorry about that :facepalm: Where's the right section??? :willy

ACE Deals in "General". I did that mod thing, all is fixed. Good catch Mark :thumbs

Wrong section dude.

Oh my... sorry about that :facepalm: Where's the right section??? :willy

ACE Deals in "General". I did that mod thing, all is fixed. Good catch Mark :thumbs

That is just frik-kin beautiful. Really cleans up the front ..and I notice the lil rubbers an plastic door look to be gone from underneath also. Will be awhile, but it's on my 'to do' list :) -Frank

What about the brake duct vents?

Hi there, good question!

The frontal air opening takes an enormous amount of air which goes primarily into both the brake cooling openings on the fender liners and some leaks into the engine bay which improves cooling on the engine bay area. There are no need for cooling ducts like with the stock C5 bumper. We already tested a lot of heavy breaking on warm days at both city and track and no brake fading at all was perceived in the city and track running stock DOT brake fluid. Of course, for professional racing where real heavy breaking is required the fog lamp openings which are 4 times larger than the C5 brake cooling openings can be used to as brake cooling ducts using flexible pipes. This improves the brake cooling 4 times over the stock bumper.

That is just frik-kin beautiful.

Really cleans up the front ..and I notice the lil rubbers an plastic door look to be gone from underneath also.

Will be awhile, but it's on my 'to do' list :)

-Frank

Are you talking about the cooling lip under the bumper that redirects air up into the radiator??

Well, if you leave the car as under breathing you need to leave all that under the car or it will overheat. Our bumper works exactly as factory unless you decide to modify the radiator shroud to make the car a front breather. On the photos it appears like they are missing, but only the center piece which is the one that redirects the air up into the radiator was installed and it was enough to keep it working perfect, but you can install the 3 pieces and the car will still work nice and look more complete. All our customers install the 3 piece lip back with no problems. :3gears:

That is an awesome look!

Thank you so much!! :thankyou:

HHHMMMMMM I have been eying the Tiger Shark front without the chin and this is close to the same price.... hhhmmmmm

I'm sure we are a lot cheaper than Tiger Shark, and you don't have to pay for shipping, plus we help you install the bumper for free. (And looks better than the "happy fish" I mean tiger shark, ejem ejem) :smilelol

Also, I'm sure you'll the the first Corvette in Tucson with a C5.5 bumper :thumbs

Aww happy fish what is it with GM cars and being compared to fish lol The only thing I see so far that worries me is the side marker lights don't seem to match the rear ones in terms of styling but I would want to see it in person that would make all the difference. I am thinking about it trust me, is it not possible to have the front scoop version or does it just not flow correctly with the front?

Aww happy fish what is it with GM cars and being compared to fish lol

The only thing I see so far that worries me is the side marker lights don't seem to match the rear ones in terms of styling but I would want to see it in person that would make all the difference.

I am thinking about it trust me, is it not possible to have the front scoop version or does it just not flow correctly with the front?

Well, I just think the tiger shark bumper looks like the car is smiling, but it doesn't solve how busy the stock bumper is in comparison with the rest of the car that is very clean and smooth.

Our bumper is intended to match the C5's clean lines, smoothness and flow. The stock bumper has too many elements, and most of them are useless, a plate cover that looks like a button to activate the airbags (lol) two openings (imported from the C4 bumper) that are not open and have a plastic cover behind with tho tiny foglamps inside, two little extra holes for the brake cooling ducts and then two more openings for a turnsignal/driving light that is also divided in three more modules, so, we have a total of 7 elements just in the front bumper, where out C5.5 bumper offers only 3 elements, the center opening and the foglamp openings. That's why it flows better and makes more sense with the rest of the car. Just see how clean and smooth the C5 body is on the sides and rear.

Flow is a very important design element, things have to match in order to work, so we took a lot of design to make the C5.5 bumper look right on the C5, and so far we had a lot of positive comments :)

Unfortunately the Front scoop from the Z06 design just don't work with the C5, I tried to reshape it on different ways and it really ruined the smooth look of the C5, not to mention, there's really no real use for it, and we are all about "Function over Form" so I find it hard to design something that looks like an opening that is not an opening, hehehe ;)

This looks really clean! Can the zr1 front splitter fit on this?

Our C5.5 bumper is more based on the non Z06 C6 bumper, this makes it more compatible with non Z06 C6 accessories like billet grilles, mesh grilles, aftermarket fog lamps and side markers, some front lips and diffusers made for C6s might work with some additional work since the length of our C5.5 bumper and the stock C6 bumper is not the same, but the front chin's shape is virtually the same.

:)

Weren't you working on a C3.5 bumper at one time where you removed the front plate and made it look like one opening too? Sorry for the hijack.

Weren't you working on a C3.5 bumper at one time where you removed the front plate and made it look like one opening too?

Sorry for the hijack.

On the contrary, thanks for bringing it back :partydance:

I've been working on our C3.5 bumper (non official name yet, lol)... here is what it kinda looks like right now:

post-672-057740300 1318607083.jpg

post-672-069019000 1318607090.jpg

It is still in conceptual form, the absorber needs to be trimmed and the grille extensions or a new grill needs to be developed. I'll start a new feeler thread to see if we can catch enough interest to start developing a mold.

Yeah thats what I remember. Not a lot of C3 activity here, I think you'll get more interest on the CF... Since no one has ever done much C3 wise like that you should draw some attention, I would have done it to mine if I still had it.

Yeah thats what I remember.

Not a lot of C3 activity here, I think you'll get more interest on the CF...

Since no one has ever done much C3 wise like that you should draw some attention, I would have done it to mine if I still had it.

Yeah... I'll try to post it there too, it's hard to get pass their "security team" if you're not an official vendor :facepalm:

BTW, here's what a C5.5 looks like in Finland!!!

post-672-033075100 1318608474.jpg

Yeah thats what I remember.

Not a lot of C3 activity here, I think you'll get more interest on the CF...

Since no one has ever done much C3 wise like that you should draw some attention, I would have done it to mine if I still had it.

Yeah... I'll try to post it there too, it's hard to get pass their "security team" if you're not an official vendor :facepalm:

BTW, here's what a C5.5 looks like in Finland!!!

...so is there any talk of a C4.5???

...so is there any talk of a C4.5???

Hi there. Good question, I though of it a while ago, but for some reason C4 owners seem to be more relaxed about modifying the looks of their cars. But if I gather enough interest I'm sure I could work something out. But I wonder if a simple design would actually look right... This looks a bit weird in my opinion...

Posted Image

Posted Image

That does look strange...hard to improve on the design without changing the lights and the slope. The C6 lines are great but I don't see how you could make something similar. I think being a mouth breather instead of a bottom feeder would be a BIG improvement on the cooling too.

I'm not at home with my photoshop so.... Don't make it one complete opening all the way across, look at the C5.5 head on. You need to almost fill in the stock blinker openings and just have to center opening end somewhere around the inside edge of the headlights.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.