Mexican Food

Chameleon

My favorite Mexican restaurant is Arriba's, both the location in Glendale (79th Ave by Arrowhead mall) and the one on Camelback at 18th st. They have a level of spice from mild to wild, and their menu labeling system for amount of heat in their food is accurate. They use Hatch chilis from New Mexico in many of their dishes, and the food is a little different than most of the local "Sonoran style" restaurants. Their carne adobada is great, and if you like really hot food, their "Hatch Chicken Special" is awesome. This place is not for the faint of heart or folks who think Taco Bell serves Mexican food. Also, their margaritas are huge, they serve many different kinds of tequila, they make a great Pina Colada and the Glendale location has a brewery. YUM!

For awesomely HOT Mexican food and great Margarita's I love going to Los Dos Molinos, 8646 S. Central, Phoenix. :thumbs

Arriba's... nom nom nom! ignoring Toms intrusive hijack: :lol The really hot stuff is Hatch green chilis with a little habanero mixed in, it's delightful!

Theres a place up North (Sedona) called Javelina Cantina that is pretty good. I dont typically eat out mexican too often.

Arriba's... nom nom nom!

ignoring Toms intrusive hijack: :lol

The really hot stuff is Hatch green chilis with a little habanero mixed in, it's delightful!

Love Arriba's also....But Los Dos Molino's comes in a close second. They also use Hatch Chile in their food. Los Dos is small and very authentic place.

wickedfastvette

I LOVE!!!!! Arribas's but I like food screaming hot! In fact kids Arribas is where our November lunch is going to be held, stay tuned for details.

I LOVE!!!!! Arribas's but I like food screaming hot! In fact kids Arribas is where our November lunch is going to be held, stay tuned for details.

Sounds awesome, I can't wait! :rockon2:

We like all that is mexican, in fact we are at El Rincon right now

In Sedona?

Yup, it was very good, had the nachos though

• 4 months later...

Found another keeper in good Mexican food. Dos Juevos Dos Juevos in Scottsdale, lots of food and the price is right. The Chile Relleno is awesome. :thumbs

Here is one that kicks all their butts big time

Poncho's

7202 South Central Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85042

http://ponchosaz.com/

Its always packed, lunchtimes you have to line up, they even have a take away window

:thumbs

I MISS that place!!! THEEEEE best albondigas soup in town and the tacos are greasy wonderful holy awesome :thumbs

Here is one that kicks all their butts big time

Poncho's

7202 South Central Avenue Phoenix, AZ 85042

http://ponchosaz.com/

Its always packed, lunchtimes you have to line up, they even have a take away window

:thumbs

I MISS that place!!! THEEEEE best albondigas soup in town and the tacos are greasy wonderful holy awesome :thumbs

Yeh, it's not a place to go if your trying to watch your waistline

Rosa's Mexican Food, umm... I forget the cross roads I have been going there since I was a kid with my family and its still just as good as it always has been. This is in Tucson of course.

i havent ate at many mexican places but i have found MANUELS on McDowell and Dysart is pretty good and not too hard on the wallet.

Not into burn, Seranos bean dip & salsa and their Cheese Encladas nom nom :partydance:

:agree Seranos Bean Dip Rocks. Spinach Cheese enchiladas there are awesome.

Morenos out in San Tan Valley is darn good too.

I'm not really a fan of Mexican as a rule, but when I'm in Gilbert after a hard night o drinking there, I go to Los Favritos. That place makes an awesome breakfast burrito. And for any of you guys from the midwest..... Taco John's. :partydance:

I'm not really a fan of Mexican as a rule, but when I'm in Gilbert after a hard night o drinking there, I go to Los Favritos. That place makes an awesome breakfast burrito.

And for any of you guys from the midwest..... Taco John's. :partydance:

Los Favritos is a couple blocks from me and they do make a killer BB with lots of BACON! :rockon2: