NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

side markers

CZYDMND

ya what is that, like a night shade or w.e that stuffs called? ive always wanted to black out my side markers to

post-168-083094000 1315081223.jpg I have blackout covers on front and tail lights.. I sprayed third brk light,reverse light and now side markers...

i have the blackout covers for the front and all taillights, i just need the reverse lights and the side markers, will it make them dark enough? are u happy with the results?

I had the tail lights, side markers and backup lights blacked out. The guy sanded off the raised lettering before painting so the finished surfaces are nice and smooth.

i have the blackout covers for the front and all taillights, i just need the reverse lights and the side markers, will it make them dark enough? are u happy with the results?

Yes!!!!! they came out great...

one day i will do front and tail lights.....

it will be in prescott the 24th to see... I will help any one do it....

Christmas??? Talk about procrastination. :lol

well... yes sir it is!!!

but I have painted calipers and asshatz on dics.. as well

excellent! you've inspired me, im gunna do it to!

That can is probably enough to do 50 lights, you should have a party......or at least a Corvette Saturday!

Dark lights are good. I had the lens covers on for a while and got tired of taking them off all the time to clean under them. So mine are all painted as well. Good job. :cool Did you clear coat them or not?

Guest badbobs95

That can is probably enough to do 50 lights, you should have a party......or at least a Corvette Saturday!

We could have a tint party Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

CZYDMND, didyou sand the lights down to remove any GM lettering and make a smooth surface? what kind of pre-paint prep didyou do? sanding? what grit of paper? when you usedthe paint, what were the results? did it leave a glossy finish, or a dull finish?

post-168-088971000 1315149311.jpg Just cleaned with degreaser and painted, didn't sand letters off..came out great and they came out glossy

I would so do a blackout party.. But you need to let dry like 12 hours or more..i have a finger print in third light after 6 hours dry time...

i love the idea of a blackout party hahaha. that sounds awesome. and jim because you came up with the idea, we can practice on ur lights first! we get can get all the mistakes done with before we get to our cars. Thanks for volunteering :ACE:

I would so do a blackout party.. But you need to let dry like 12 hours or more..i have a finger print in third light after 6 hours dry time...

if not a blackout party, perhaps an ACE tail light exchagne program.

I too just bought a can of Night Shade. muhahahahaha my experment continues.