NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

CORVETTE RESTORATION AZ BANKRUPTCY

Gucc62

To all Vette enthusiasts, I am one of the Vette Owners who was left in the dark, when the widow of the owner declared Bankruptcy 10 days ago. If it wasn't for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to help me out by dispatching a patrol car to check out the business, I would not have known of the business closing down. I have made contact with the Attorney for Madsen LLC and have hired my own Attorney to go after the company so that I can find out where my Vette is. My 62 Vette was given to the company as an all original documented 62 Vette, for a full frame off restoration. Now I do not even know where the car is, what condition it is in and if all the original parts are accounted for. If you know of anyone else who has been poorly taken care of due to this Bankruptcy by this company, I will surely share the information I gather as the days unfold. Ihor

This is not heading in a good direction. I wish you the best of luck recovering what is yours.

Quicksilver98

Oh man.....2nd thread on this same outfit! I feel for those who had cars left with them. Hopefully they are still in storage someplace!

Oh man.....2nd thread on this same outfit! I feel for those who had cars left with them. Hopefully they are still in storage someplace!

Are you the friend of bigskyz that the other post is about?

I just read her posting. Seems like I am not alone. I will try and become friend s and see if I can help bigsky out.

I just read her posting. Seems like I am not alone. I will try and become friend s and see if I can help bigsky out.

Thanks for the message Gucc62... glad you found your way here!

Hello to everyone... its due to these unfortunate circumstances that I wondered onto this website, I was actually planning a trip to take my vette to Kim at AZ restoration and decided to check the website a few days ago couldn't figure out y I couldn't get a hold of anyone now its become clear. I want to wish everyone involved a happy outcome but to all u enthusiasts where would u recommend I take my car? I'm looking for Corvette experts that are reasonable. Thanks

Hello to everyone... its due to these unfortunate circumstances that I wondered onto this website, I was actually planning a trip to take my vette to Kim at AZ restoration and decided to check the website a few days ago couldn't figure out y I couldn't get a hold of anyone now its become clear. I want to wish everyone involved a happy outcome but to all u enthusiasts where would u recommend I take my car? I'm looking for Corvette experts that are reasonable. Thanks

http://www.bromleyscorvettes.com/

68 Vette Junky

To all Vette enthusiasts, I am one of the Vette Owners who was left in the dark, when the widow of the owner declared Bankruptcy 10 days ago. If it wasn't for the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office to help me out by dispatching a patrol car to check out the business, I would not have known of the business closing down. I have made contact with the Attorney for Madsen LLC and have hired my own Attorney to go after the company so that I can find out where my Vette is. My 62 Vette was given to the company as an all original documented 62 Vette, for a full frame off restoration. Now I do not even know where the car is, what condition it is in and if all the original parts are accounted for. If you know of anyone else who has been poorly taken care of due to this Bankruptcy by this company, I will surely share the information I gather as the days unfold.

Ihor

If your Vette was being restored by Madsen llc (dba Corvette Restoration AZ), then you have probably received a notice from the U.S.Bankruptcy Court Trustee indicating a meeting is scheduled on Sept 19th for "creditors" at the U.S.Bankruptcy Court located at 230 N. First Avenue, Suite 102, Phoenix AZ.

If not, the Bankruptcy Trustee is: Eric M. Haley, PO Box 13390, Scottsdale, AZ 85267, Tel: (602) 218-5136.

My 68 Corvette was also being restored by them and I have information that all of the vehicles/parts are locked in the facility at 1129 E. Curry Road #7. My vehicle was only partially complete, so there are literally, thousands of parts all over the shop.

The attorney representing the widow is: Daniel Rosenfield, 7047 E. Greenway Pkwy., Suite 254 Scottsdale, AZ 85254, Tel. (480) 609-9700. Either you or your attorney can probably contact him for more information.

The key issue for me (and others), assuming that you have a valid title, is how to deal with thousands of small parts, a fiberglass body sitting on a dolly and a chassis in various stages of completion.

I have additional information not printed here so contact me by eMail for more info.

68 Vette Junky

Well at least you know where your car(s) are and that's a plus. I hope everyone involved gets all their property back. Good luck and keep us posted.

Well at least you know where your car(s) are and that's a plus. I hope everyone involved gets all their property back. Good luck and keep us posted.

This ^^

• 2 weeks later...

My 71 is also there. Plz contact me with a private message kksvette@gmail.com I think we all need to join forces to get our property back kelly

i'm new to this forum, i've been in the corvette restoration industry for close to 40 year. if anyone needs help with there cars when this bankruptcy is finished i would be interested in helping with your projects. sorry this happened...........

Does anyone involved in this situation have an update about what is going on? I'm going to make this topic a sticky for now.

This situation really sucks for all those folks who have their projects caught-up in this situation. I really do hope everything works out for all and each person retrieves their car and all their parts so they can move on. For what it's worth, I would recommend to anyone interested, Classic Performance Restorations, in Mesa, is a totally professional and up-front shop to speak with about finishing one's project. They treat their customer's cars as if they were their own. My '64 is available in their shop for anyone to look over if one would like to see the quality of their work. They'll even work with folks who have done much of the work themselves, as I did. They've not posted here in the past, because they didn't want to appear as if they were trying to capitalize on this terrible situation. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to drum-up business for them. I'm only offering an alternative for those folks who are now stuck in a very bad place... Dave

This is very unfortunate to hear of this. It is a story I hear of all too often. Cars going into a shop that either gets shut down or the cars never get worked on. I own a restoration shop in the east vally and have built a number of very high quality C1 C2 and C3 cars. I know from experience that choosing a shop is the absolute most important part of the restoration process. I do not get to spend much time on these forums as I am busy out in the shop but a number of our customers have encouraged us to start being active on the Forums. You are welcome to come visit us on our website and see some of the work we do. www.classicperformancerestoration.com . We are located in Mesa and always have some interesting things going on in the shop.... Not always a Corvette, but neat cars none the less.... Our address is 260 S Alma School Rd #123 Mesa , AZ 85210. Please feel free to stop by. I always have a number of Customers that are more than willing to talk with you and show you their cars.... Good luck to all who are involved in this ordeal..... You will get through this...

post-1639-038272300 1315425780.jpg

Wow.....what a crazy situation! Wish everyone luck with getting their cars and all the parts accounted for. I can tell you from experience with Bill at GT Sports Cars on the west side that I have done many projects with him and he does outstanding work. We work together on various projects on an almost weekly basis. And on the east side I have seen the work that CPR Tom does and can tell you his work is beautiful as well.....and he's a very stand up guy!

• 2 weeks later...

I needed to have the front clip replaced on my 72 Vette and was going to go to AZ Restorations but fortunately I could not pay him the $12k up front as he requested. I have it another shop in Mesa and the guy seems real reasonable about repairs and has a lot of knowledge on cars. He said mine is the first Vette he has worked on in about 15 years as far as body work goes. If everything goes well I will post pictures of it when it is done. If not I will let you know also. Good luck to everyone that has beeen involved with AZ Restorations. Federal Bankruptcy Court is located on Central Avenue in Phoenix around Thomas on the East Side of the road. There is a court proceeding where all creditors are supposed to show up and make their claims known. Do contact the lawyer