Casanova Brother's pizza......anybody been there ?

FNBADAZ06

I'm a HUGE fan of Spinato's pizza...Chicago style thin crust pizza, family owned and operated, and suggested by Brady Bogen of 98 KUPD. I go to the one in the north valley at Bell and 16th Street but they have several scattered around the Valley. He also recommends Casanova Brother's in Gilbert.....New York style pizza, also family owned and operated. That would be a long haul from my place to try a pizza but am willing to give it a go, so I'm interested in if any of the ACE'holes know of the place and have eaten there. It's supposed to be the shizzle for all that know a good NY pie. :popcorn:

If you like Chicago thin crust I have a way better place for you than Spinato's. Vito's at McKellips and Lindsay in Mesa, worth the drive! :thumbs

Kim and I go to Spinato's regularly. I've been to them all. Best pizza in town. 16th and Bell (from home) 12th St. and Glendale (from work or the kids houses) Tempe Scottsdale I think they've got one in Ahwatukee now too.

If you like Chicago thin crust I have a way better place for you than Spinato's. Vito's at McKellips and Lindsay in Mesa, worth the drive! :thumbs

Way better ???? MMmmmmmmm....Spinato's is pretty fookin awesome to me, so Vito's better be the food of the God's to drive way out there.

I just got back from trying out the "The Parlor" on Camelback Rd just west of 20th Street, tagged as the "best pizza in Arizona" by the Food Network.

Best Pizza in Arizona ?

Yeah, right. Pretty good wood fired pizza but nothing that would make me drive down there again. I know that everyone has there favorites...I wanna know if any ACE'holes count Casanova's as theirs.

Kim and I go to Spinato's regularly. I've been to them all. Best pizza in town.

16th and Bell (from home)

12th St. and Glendale (from work or the kids houses)

Tempe

Scottsdale

I think they've got one in Ahwatukee now too.

At this point in time, I'm inclined to agree with you on this. Brady turned me on to Spinato's and says Casanova Brother's is very solid as well.

WOW....no eastsider's have any experience with Casanova Brother's ? As good as the word of mouth is on this place I would've thought some eastside ACE'r would have tried it out.

haven't had the pleasure as yet ...... let us know when you're heading this way ... and we'll happy to help do the "taste test" !!! :thumbs

Never heard of it in Gilbert Vic. :facepalm: We mostly go to Barro's pizza. I guess I'll have to try both the next time in town.

Never heard of it in Gilbert Vic. :facepalm: We mostly go to Barro's pizza. I guess I'll have to try both the next time in town.

T-Buc......here's their website. Go give it a try when you're back home and let me know.

929 N. Valvista Dr Gilbert, AZ 85234 (N.E. corner of Val Vista & Guadalupe)

Lot's of raive reveiws as well on-line.

Casanova Brother's Pizza

This morning Scott what's his name on Channel 3 mentioned somebody won the Best Pizza in Phoenix award.

The name didn't sound familiar but I was distracted reading forum comments.

http://linktown.azfamily.com/pizza/phoenix/AZ for pizza reviews

It may have been the "Parlor Pizza" thing I saw on the evening news yesterday.......Top 50 Pizzas in the U.S as seen by the Food Network. After seeing that on t.v., we went and checked it out....brick fired pizza's with fu-fu names. It was good but nowhere did I see where this was the best pizza in Arizona.

This morning Scott what's his name on Channel 3 mentioned somebody won the Best Pizza in Phoenix award.

It may have been the "Parlor Pizza" thing I saw on the evening news yesterday.......Top 50 Pizzas in the U.S as seen by the Food Network. After seeing that on t.v., we went and checked it out....brick fired pizza's with fu-fu names. It was good but nowhere did I see where this was the best pizza in Arizona.

Had lunch with a client there last week, it's a pretty cool place and the pizza is pretty good. I'm not sure who they paid for the "Best in Phoenix" moniker, its not any better than other wood-fired pizza I've had around town.

Had lunch with a client there last week, it's a pretty cool place and the pizza is pretty good. I'm not sure who they paid for the "Best in Phoenix" moniker, its not any better than other wood-fired pizza I've had around town.

My feelings exactly, regarding this place.

Cassanova brothers is solid. Staff is really friendly but otherwise just basic atmosphere. If you are into the woodfired thing, I highly recommend Cibo in downtown Phoenix and La Piazza al Forno in Glendale. These two places are the best I've had outside of Italy for authentic Italian style pizza. Cheers!

We really like Grimaldi's.

I went to the one off 101 and Northern (?). Sad to say, but with all the atmosphere this place had I thought the pizza was pretty much so-so. Don't know if other locations are any better but I'm not planning on going back...much better pies out there IMHO.

Cassanova brothers is solid. Staff is really friendly but otherwise just basic atmosphere.

If you are into the woodfired thing, I highly recommend Cibo in downtown Phoenix and La Piazza al Forno in Glendale. These two places are the best I've had outside of Italy for authentic Italian style pizza.

Cheers!

Not really into the wood fired brick oven stuff but I do go try it out when other want to.

Good things are said about Pizza Bianco as well, but again, I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to pizza.

Being the New Yawker I that I am, I have tried almost all the NY style pizza places nearby. Casanova Brothers is very good. Funny thing I knew Mike and Tony 10 years ago before they got back into the pizza business. Its not fancy, you order at the counter and they bring you out your food when its ready. A very traditional NY style pizza parlor.

Being the New Yawker I that I am, I have tried almost all the NY style pizza places nearby. Casanova Brothers is very good. Funny thing I knew Mike and Tony 10 years ago before they got back into the pizza business. Its not fancy, you order at the counter and they bring you out your food when its ready. A very traditional NY style pizza parlor.

Does it get the LMBZ4ME seal of approval ?

Maybe we need to get together and go give it a try :thumbs

THought you might be at the ACE lunch today.

Does it get the LMBZ4ME seal of approval ?

Maybe we need to get together and go give it a try :thumbs

THought you might be at the ACE lunch today.

Yes! It gets our seal of approval. The Mrs. really likes it but she is a pizza junkie. I need to try Spinato's some time that also sounds great.

Taking the family to try this out now. I will report back later. :yesnod

Excellent, Joe :partygrnhat:

The place checks out o.k. Our "pie" was very good. Like Mike said, not a fancy place but the service was excellent. The owner was very nice. This place is in a strip mall with plenty of parking. The interior is kind of small but they do have a room towards the back that you can reserve. You could probably seat 40-45. Overall I give it a 9/10. :partydance:

Excellent !!!! If Mike and Joe give it a thumbs up, I'll make the trip over there to give it a go. :partydance:

Excellent !!!! If Mike and Joe give it a thumbs up, I'll make the trip over there to give it a go. :partydance:

Let us know when you want to go!