NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Were You "Cool" in High School ?

Marco

You sure you werent on the chess team? lol

:facepalm: I lettered in Chess for 2 years. Freshman at 12, graduated at 16. 6' 2" and 105 lbs. Yeah.... I definately wasn't one of the cool people. :lol

I hear ya Dave, it was not cool to be smart when I was in high school.

I skipped two grades, graduated two months after I turned 16. Mostly hid my good grades so I could have friends. :facepalm:

Had a red 1966 Mustang fastback, 289/4sp pony pack, baby moons, factory 8-track. Wow! The car cost me $600. I knew what all the parts under the hood were and what they did and could fix most of the stuff that went wrong. (unlike now when a lot of the stuff under the hood of my Vette is a great mystery). I was the only girl in auto shop (and regular shop) got an A in both.

There were three major classes of kids at my school; freaks, goat ropers and jocks, and then the nerds that didn't fit in anywhere. I fit in with the freaks. Used to go out in the desert and get high at lunch instead of eating. Didn't wear shoes unless it was raining, you couldn't see my feet under those 36" super bell bottoms. OMG!

Sold the Mustang, next car was a 1969 Nova. I've been a Chevy person ever since. Dropped a 396 in it, with a turbo 400 and Hurst click shift. Hooker headers, short Thrush mufflers, it was LOUD. Air shocks put the ass way up in the air and I put Firestone drag 500's on the back. Drove it on the street that way. It was gumball orange and I thought it was way cool. I was 17 then, what did I know. :smilelol

Used to cruise central and go to the midnight drags out on Carefree highway, which was the total boondocks back then.

Well, this has been a strange trip down memory lane. . . :huh

:facepalm: I lettered in Chess for 2 years. Freshman at 12, graduated at 16. 6' 2" and 105 lbs. Yeah.... I definately wasn't one of the cool people. :lol

I skipped two grades, graduated two months after I turned 16. Mostly hid my good grades so I could have friends. :facepalm:

Had a red 1966 Mustang fastback, 289/4sp pony pack, baby moons, factory 8-track. Wow! The car cost me $600. I knew what all the parts under the hood were and what they did and could fix most of the stuff that went wrong. (unlike now when a lot of the stuff under the hood of my Vette is a great mystery). I was the only girl in auto shop (and regular shop) got an A in both.

There were three major classes of kids at my school; freaks, goat ropers and jocks, and then the nerds that didn't fit in anywhere. I fit in with the freaks. Used to go out in the desert and get high at lunch instead of eating. Didn't wear shoes unless it was raining, you couldn't see my feet under those 36" super bell bottoms. OMG!

Sold the Mustang, next car was a 1969 Nova. I've been a Chevy person ever since. Dropped a 396 in it, with a turbo 400 and Hurst click shift. Hooker headers, short Thrush mufflers, it was LOUD. Air shocks put the ass way up in the air and I put Firestone drag 500's on the back. Drove it on the street that way. It was gumball orange and I thought it was way cool. I was 17 then, what did I know. :smilelol

Used to cruise central and go to the midnight drags out on Carefree highway, which was the total boondocks back then.

Love it !!!!! :banannarainbow:

This year would have been my 30 year class reunion, if they would've had one.

I probably chased you on Central... I worked Central in uniform 73-80. Really strange being the man after cruising down there during HS.

We used to have midnight drags at 51st Ave and Bell which was out in the boondocks back then.

I am sooo gonna regret doing this.

Dave circa 1984:

Posted Image

Awwwww, look how cute you were! :lol

Hey look! Loud Mike is front and center (prior to the witness protection).

I probably chased you on Central... I worked Central in uniform 73-80. Really strange being the man after cruising down there during HS.

We used to have midnight drags at 51st Ave and Bell which was out in the boondocks back then.

That is too funny. I was down there 73-78. The Arby's always had the best street rods, some with blowers or dual quad setups. That was where all the "old" guys (you know, like 30 years old) parked their T-buckets and highboys. I remember a guy with a '39 Willy's coupe, electric blue, had a chrome straight axle. God, I was totally in love with that car! He used to run it out at Mel Larson's. Good times.

Dave circa 1984:

Posted Image

Awwwww, look how cute you were! :lol

Hey look! Loud Mike is front and center (prior to the witness protection).

and Jenny Craig apparently

Dave circa 1984:

Posted Image

This is so full of awsome-ness :rockon2: What year did you grad from school ?

Super bitchin' Victor...senior year school id :smilelol

Posted Image

By college I could actually grow a grown-up mustache for my id pic :partydance:

Posted Image

Dave circa 1984:

Posted Image

That leather jacket is KILLING IT!

By college I could actually grow a grown-up mustache for my id pic :partydance:

Posted Image

anyone else see the resemblance?............

Posted Image

OR..........

Posted Image

While I did not letter in chess this sounds familiar although I was 17 you beat me. 6'1 and 115. I was known for changing everyone's grades in the computer and getting paid to do so though.

I was not cool, however now in College... I just feel old lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, your such a nerd and you still can't put a box around your name... D oh! I'll leave Victorino alone, because at least he didn't play chess... :lol

Dave, your such a nerd and you still can't put a box around your name... D oh!

I'll leave Victorino alone, because at least he didn't play chess... :lol

The box came from the web site I found that picture on. Its amazing what u can dig up on the web these days.

One of these days your going to grow up and next thing you know your going to..... wait.... what was I saying?

They're threatening to kick me out of high school soon. They say I graduated over 30 years ago....NO ONE TOLD ME... :confused

They're threatening to kick me out of high school soon. They say I graduated over 30 years ago....NO ONE TOLD ME... :confused

I'm still going and they haven't kicked me out yet. :lol

• 2 weeks later...