NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Were You "Cool" in High School ?

Marco

Were You "Cool" in High School ?

This test is based on how cool you were in High School...

What crowd you ran with, what car you drove, who you dated, etc.

It's pretty accurate. You may want to send it to your friends to see if they've changed.

COOL PERSON TEST

Oh HELL no .. I was just about the most opposite of 'cool' you could be in high school. Book nerd, only studied and got A's in classes I enjoyed, read a ton. Dad was in the AF so we moved 3 times durin my high school years .. seems like I always ended up showin some local bully that yes, I could arrange an ambulance trip in about a heartbeat for him if they insisted, and they always did. Freshman year drove a '55 chebby 2-door post. Had to sell it when we moved. Senior year drove a '60 Biscayne 4-door w/327 and 4:11's (tow package no less) that I bought for $200, ..it made 'beaters' look good. Graduated from Alhambra right here in Phx, before the iron fences went up an everyone started carryin guns, sheesh -Frank

I was neither cool or uncool. Always just had a couple GOOD friends and let the rest be.

When I was in high school Chuck Norris called me for advice on how to be awesome

When I was in high school Chuck Norris called me for advice on how to be awesome

Ya, but in BF Nebraska you only had two other guys (the stoner and the nerd) in your graduating class. :lol

I was the man!!!! I wish I could have one day back in HS. Need to find a genie in a bottle...

6spdsforme

Nope! Not cool at all. But I did own: First car I owned, I bought out of towing yard for $ 20. It was a 69 Toyota Station Wagon. Rebuilt engine at High School Auto Shop. Immediately sold it. Bought: 68 Impala Custom; 427, Turbo 400, Headers, quadraphonic 8 track stereo. Had it painted Dark metallic green, Pointed full moon hub caps. Had uga horn and lacucaracha (SP?) horn under the hood. JC Whitney was the coolest catalog I ever saw. Sold it. Bought: 73 Triumph TR6, Maroon. Car was great in corners! Carberators suxed (California Emission Car), Lucas electrical suxed, Car was beautiful to look at! Sold it. Bought: 67 Cutlas, Rocket 350, 4spd. Car was fun to drive but was in light primer grey, no front bumper, no instrument panel, Sold it. Bought: 68 El Camino, 327, 4spd. Put Appliance Crager style chrome spoke wheels on it. Car never got painted but did have the big dent repaired in the drivers side rear quarter before I sold it.

68 Impala Custom; 427, Turbo 400, Headers, quadraphonic 8 track stereo. Had it painted Dark metallic green, Pointed full moon hub caps. Had uga horn and lacucaracha (SP?) horn under the hood. JC Whitney was the coolest catalog I ever saw. Sold it. Bought:

68 El Camino, 327, 4spd. Put Appliance Crager style chrome spoke wheels on it. Car never got painted but did have the big dent repaired in the drivers side rear quarter before I sold it.

Bet you wish you had these two back. :yesnod

6spdsforme

68 Impala Custom; 427, Turbo 400, Headers, quadraphonic 8 track stereo. Had it painted Dark metallic green, Pointed full moon hub caps. Had uga horn and lacucaracha (SP?) horn under the hood. JC Whitney was the coolest catalog I ever saw. Sold it. Bought:

68 El Camino, 327, 4spd. Put Appliance Crager style chrome spoke wheels on it. Car never got painted but did have the big dent repaired in the drivers side rear quarter before I sold it.

Bet you wish you had these two back. :yesnod

Yes I do! It was a money and patience issue that they were sold but didn't figure out until much later that by the time you sell and rebuy and fix the next one up, you could have fixed up the first one. Of course each car had a different look and feel so all of them were a cool experience!

6spdsforme

I taught Chuck everything he knows. He called me later and told me you were like a bad penny that wouldn't go away.

You were all dickheads. Just ask Marco.

:)

Wait. Thats what he told me about you!

:smilelol

All I said is my Yoder itches :smilelol

Desertdawg

I rode motorcycles, got in trouble, and played football, cool? no! But it sure was fun!

• 2 months later...

I rode motorcycles, got in trouble, and played football, cool? no!

But it sure was fun!

I rode motorcycles, got in trouble... no football.... cool? I dunno, but I was the one that everyone thought would die young, HA! proved em all wrong.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TAqIkCf6QM

Quicksilver98

I did my own thing in school. I didn't give a F%@K what other people thought. I had friends that were straight A students and ones that barely passed. I worked after school and weekends so I didn't have time for sports. My first car was a Pontiac Lemans sport coupe that I think I paid 300 bucks for. Fixed it up and painted it...sold it and bought a 75 Camaro with headers and cherry bombs on it. That sucker was loud! When I went to college my sister was driving my camaro and somebody crossed the centerline and hit my sister and destroyed the entire drivers side from front to back. She was not hurt but I had to fight the insurance companies for over a year to get a payment for it.

I would say I fell in the middle of popular/not popular. I worked all through high school and didnt play sports although pre HS I played soccer for 8 years. I was harassed by the football coach to play but I declined as I had to fund my 69 Mustang lol. Never had any enemies really and got along with everyone. Got pretty decent grades without really having to study much. Was the schools "car guy."

Cool? Well, that's a matter of opinion and definition I guess. I hung out with just about everyone, but mostly gearheads. Played basketball...Duh! Most jocks turned me off though with their huge attitudes and stopped playing sports my sophomore year. Got more into fast muscle cars and just as fast women.You know, Peace, Free Love era, Rock-n-Roll...Nice! :rockon2: Had a 66 SS 396, 4spd Chevelle vert at the end of 2nd year. :3gears: Good memories with that car. Picked up a 69 Z28 302, 4spd just after graduation, another awesome car and wish I had them both now...Damnit! :facepalm: Age 20 went into the AF and the rest is history.

HELL YEAH....I was COOL in high school !!!!!!!!! :smilelol Played football thru out my h.s years (running back), ran track.....hung out with my "jock" buddies with ease. Listened to and cranked out Ted Nugent, Van Halen, Scorpions, early Metallica on the car stereo....easy to hang out with the "metal heads" buddies I had. Had the hottie g.f's.....who in turn had hottie friends....oh yeah, life was good. Was never one to drink the hard stuff but had some hella parties at my folk's place (with their permission, of course :) ) Best part ???? Swinging 427 cubic inches of mighty NOS sniffing Rat power in my 69 SS/RS Camaro 4 speed car beginning my junior year....high school drags and cruising Speedway Blvd....illegal drags in the wee hours of the morning.......damn, I miss those days :partygrnhat:

HELL YEAH....I was COOL in high school !!!!!!!!! :smilelol

Played football thru out my h.s years (running back), ran track.....hung out with my "jock" buddies with ease.

Listened to and cranked out Ted Nugent, Van Halen, Scorpions, early Metallica on the car stereo....easy to hang out with the "metal heads" buddies I had.

Had the hottie g.f's.....who in turn had hottie friends....oh yeah, life was good.

Was never one to drink the hard stuff but had some hella parties at my folk's place (with their permission, of course :) )

Best part ???? Swinging 427 cubic inches of mighty NOS sniffing Rat power in my 69 SS/RS Camaro 4 speed car beginning my junior year....high school drags and cruising Speedway Blvd....illegal drags in the wee hours of the morning.......damn, I miss those days :partygrnhat:

Damn Im jelly of this one........

......unless all that was completely fabricated.

You sure you werent on the chess team? lol

Played football thru out my h.s years (running back), ran track.....hung out with my "jock" buddies with ease.

Listened to and cranked out Ted Nugent, Van Halen, Scorpions, early Metallica on the car stereo....easy to hang out with the "metal heads" buddies I had.

Had the hottie g.f's.....who in turn had hottie friends....oh yeah, life was good.

Was never one to drink the hard stuff but had some hella parties at my folk's place (with their permission, of course :) )

Best part ???? Swinging 427 cubic inches of mighty NOS sniffing Rat power in my 69 SS/RS Camaro 4 speed car beginning my junior year....high school drags and cruising Speedway Blvd....illegal drags in the wee hours of the morning.......damn, I miss those days :partygrnhat:

I don't think my h.s ever had a chess team.....though I do remember Bobby Ficsher defeating the Russian Boris Spassky in the World Championship during the Cold War era....if I remember it was televised on ABC.. "The World Wide Leader in Sports Television" :smilelol

We might need to revivie the "what car's you owned in the past" thread so I can post up some old pics :P

It's a real shame the local governments and communities shut down "car cruising" in many cities.......some of my fondest memories growing up in the car scene during the early years, for which most of the younger generation have not a clue of what that was all about. That's why Cruise on Central is so awesome.....brings back those "cool" days :partygrnhat:

:facepalm: I lettered in Chess for 2 years. Freshman at 12, graduated at 16. 6' 2" and 105 lbs. Yeah.... I definately wasn't one of the cool people. :lol

AHhhh.....before there was FNBADAZ06, there was..........

FNBADASS396RS !!!!!!!! :partydance:

Man, I loved that car....back in the days when dinosaurs drank cheap premium fuel and ruled the land....sigh

Sporting the obligatory Centerline front runners and the Mallory monster tach with rev limiter controls and shift light...yee hawwww

Can't forget the traction "slapper" bars and the mufflers hanging right of the collectors :3gears:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ms. Long Legs.....the squeeze at the time :)

Posted Image