Motor Pull Party

Buccaneer

92ZR1Wannabe

Umm , how the hell does a motor "Roll" off the bench? Their not exactly round. Lol.

Anyway that sucks ,, keep us posted.

Guest UVETTYA
Umm , how the hell does a motor "Roll" off the bench? Their not exactly round. Lol.

Anyway that sucks ,, keep us posted.

Gross negligence. That's how.

I would say losing the matching numbers block to their gross negligence pretty much makes them liable for every dollar it may have ever been worth to you. 30 years from now what will the differrence be in price for that car with and without matching numbers? IMO that's what that block should be worth to you right now.

Steve

:withstupid

Yep, someone messed up big time at the shop. The shop is a very reliable shop and I know they will do what needs to be done to make things right...I hope. The accident is unfortunate, but shit happens even to the best of shops, but it makes them look bad nonetheless.

I'm not going to mention the shop by name in this forum because I don't think it would be right to do, at least right now anyway. I'm still calming down so I can go over and talk to them calmly about our next step in this crazy situation.

Thanks for the concern and support all.

I just got back from the machine shop. The motor is COMPLETELY JUNK! Cracked real bad when it hit the floor on the starter mounting flange. They are looking at two other 350 blocks right now to see if they are the correct date code. If not, we are going to work something else out. I should know more by Friday or Saturday. We did talk about a 377 and 383 build though... :D

They said no matter what it takes, they WILL make it RIGHT for me. I was impressed with that and that's the way it should be when a business screws up. Bad word of mouth is deadly advertisement and they know that. Do what it takes to make the customer happy and the business reputation remains intact. That's just good business.

I'll probably go with a bit more of an aggressive cam as well with this new motor and computer. The Pro1 Alum heads that I want looks good for a nice price as well. :D

The main bearings were .010" under what they should have been, hence the low oil pressure and crank knock. Everything looked good other than that. The guy that put the lower end together was FIRED! They have a checks and balances system in place to prevent this from happening, but that was compromised and that's what happened. The system is only as good as the weakest link. :ack

More to come...stay tuned.

Guest intmd8r

Man, I'm so sorry to hear about all this. shakehead.gif

I hope they do indeed step up to the plate and go the EXTRA mile to make this right, not just worry about what the minimum they can get away with is.

Best of luck! crossfingers.gif

Update to the update...went to the shop today to check out the block that they had for me. The date code is one month newer than mine which was Nov 81 build date. So I'm good to go on the matching numbers block again. A bonus is that the block is a four bolt main... :thumbs

So now all I have to do is figure out what I want to put back in. They started machining the block before I left so the new build is has at least started.

Another bonus is the fact I'm getting a smokin' deal on the heads I want :thumbs again... I haven't made up my mind on the cam profile or type yet, but the new pistons will be SRP and Eagle rods. I'm keeping my :xfinger that everything goes right this time.

So I will have some GOOD parts to sell that are brand new if someone is interested. If so, send me mail or call me and we can talk prices. Rods, pistons, cam, lifters and pushrods and maybe the heads which are completely brand new except the castings. BTW: the pistons are forged TRW .040" over. Of cousre these are C3 parts...sorry.

One more thing...I like my new Avatar I did last night in PS and Flash... its has a real bounce to it :smilelol

Love the avatar!

Sounds like things are working out...sort of. I seriously hope it's not winter before you throw the "motor install party".

U got some real patience there. I know I would have been pretty hacked off, but you can't be there to hold their hands and shist happens...whatcha gonna do besides give yourself a brain anuerysm.

Are you going to go ahead with the paint work while ya got the motor out???

Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW - got my CFI Instrument Tuesday and got hired to teach at the school. WAHOOOOO!

:party

Michael

Mike...SWEET!! Nice job on landing (no pun intended) the job. :thumbs

Yeah, its hard to not get pissed, but I hope its worth it when done and it should run pretty good this time with the goodies I'm throwing in it. :D

I will continue to proceed with the painting and tons of sanding and MAYBE by this winter be done...YAHOO! :burnout

We are in New Mexico now for my father in-law that passed away yesterday. I'll let you knowwhat's up when I return.

We are in New Mexico now for my father in-law that passed away yesterday. I'll let you knowwhat's up when I return.

Sorry to hear about the sad news. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Phil

Desertdawg
Sorry to hear about the sad news. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Phil

:agree

& Condolences from the dawg house too.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts. Its been a trying time for all concerned here. I hope to be back tomorrow or Monday at latest.

On a good note...the weather here is much better (cooler) here. :D

I finally made it back from NM tonight. I'll be going to the shop for the final build specs and have them start the machining on Wed.

Happy Fouth everyone! :party:flag

• 5 weeks later...
:party My motor is done and hopefully I'll be able to pick it up this week. :party:3gears: