When to cruise to Sedona?

Guest LT4ME

When would you like/be able to cruise to Sedona?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest LT4ME

Admin edit:

Saturday is the day!

Okay, since there's some indecision on when to cruise to Sedona, I figured I'd start a poll. So, vote & post what you'd like to do.

Last I read it was set for Sat, May 27. I cancelled golf and wrote it on the cal. Is it set or not? :cuss:cuss:cuss

Guest LT4ME
Last I read it was set for Sat, May 27. I cancelled golf and wrote it on the cal. Is it set or not? :cuss:cuss:cuss

Several folks seemed to prefer going Sunday or Monday. Hence the poll.

So far, Angie, Robert and I are willing to go any day Sat-Mon.

We figured on Saturday, but others requested other days, then someone brought up the whole "everyone Tom/Dick/Harry in the Valley will be heading out of town on Saturday morning, which might turn our fun cruise into 5 hours of gridlock.

I'm all for picking a day and going for it, but the more folks who can go & enjoy it (without sitting in traffic) the better it seems it would be for all.

Guest intmd8r

I do agree that we don't want to screw this up for anyone who was already planning on going.

I know that we're free for any of the 3 days, but if you've already cancelled something for Saturday, we should probably just stick with that. smile.gif

Unfortunately I won't be able to go no matter what day it is. Just one suggestion, the I-17 / 101 intersection is hell any weekend let alone a holiday. If I were going I'd find a way to get up to the Carefree Highway and get on I-17 there. Personal I think it's a crap shoot what day. Coming back Mon will be a parking lot, Sunday might be the best but I think most of the campers and motorhomes will go out Thur. or Fri. so Sat shouldn't be bad either. Just my .02!

Not going but as for a nice route to avoid I17 congestion:

Take 101 North to Cave Creek Rd. exit, then go North on Cave Creek to Carefree Hwy, then west on Care frww to 7th Street then North to I17 Frontage Rd, (New River) then left and then a right onto I17. You are getting on at the New River Exit. This is also a very nice ride!

Stop in at Rock Springs Cafe for Breakfast/or Lunch or some great pie!

Good luck....

(This can work from either side of town.)

I17 is a mess at Carefree Hwy exit! Avoid it.

Guest LT4ME

It won't let me vote, since Angie already voted and we share an IP address. However, I vote for Saturday.

Traffic....I forgot it was a holiday....The cavecreek way is good....you will drive right by my house.....If we pick a day and I can go we can all meet @ my house 101 and cavecreek rd or @ my work parking lot 7st 101.......

Just a thought......

i voted for sunday -

as i work AND live right at the corners of i-17 and the 101 and can tell you that traffic EVERY WEEKEND is terrible friday afternoon after 1 pm AND on saturday, it's just as bad, but for most of the day - the problem is that you have 1 freeway going from 4 lanes to 2 (i-17) then you have all the east and westbound traffic from the 101 getting on the 17 northbound - not only does this include campers and travelers, but it also includes boaters haeded to lake pleasant and such - not to mention it IS a 3 day weekend - so that should make most of the traffic coming home on monday rather than sunday like usual but ya'all keep voting - and WTF is up with 88 views and only 6 votes!!!!!

if ya'all want to meet at i-17 and the 101, i suggest getting off on yorkshire then go west - at that point, there is a costco/sportsmans warehouse/ in n out burger if you turn left (wouth) if you go right (north) there is jack in the box/target/7-11/huge comples with movie theater (all in the same parking lot) this avoids a little bit of the stress of a huge traffic jam, as yorkshire is also incorporated with the union hills exit, which is about 2 miles from where the i-17 goes to the 2 lanes - from there we can head east on the 101 to cave creek and north to carefree - and the rest of the route will need to be planned by someone who is better at geography than me!

sorry for the HUGE run-on sentence, but if i stop to punctuate, i'll lose my train of thought!

Guest LT4ME

I'm thinking if we don't get an overwhelming # of votes otherwise between now & tonight, we should just stick with the original plan and go Saturday. We can always plan another trip in a month or two that can better accommodate more folks.

If that works with C5BLACKVETTE, then I say we meet at his house around 10am. Will that work for everyone else?

It would be farther but maybe not longer to go out 60 thru Wickenburg and Congress and up 89 to Prescott and 89A thru Jerome and Cottonwood and into Sedona. Definitely a nice ride but can't remember how long it should take. Just thought that I would throw this out as a possibility. Robert :burnout

Guest LT4ME
It would be farther but maybe not longer to go out 60 thru Wickenburg and Congress and up 89 to Prescott and 89A thru Jerome and Cottonwood and into Sedona. Definitely a nice ride but can't remember how long it should take. Just thought that I would throw this out as a possibility. Robert :burnout

That would be awesome. And if folks wanted to do that, everyone could meet at our house, since we're about 2 miles from the 303.

That would be awesome. And if folks wanted to do that, everyone could meet at our house, since we're about 2 miles from the 303.

That works for us also, since that is the way to Laughlin!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Either of those days works for me as well. Ill vote for Saturday though. Also, the route Robert suggested would be nice. Last weekend we did half that trip to PRescott Valley and the twisties were awesome. Next time I will not have a pax, Mark can drive his own car so I can play a little more in the twisties. lol. No offense babe!

And we could meet at Ang and Mike's. What do you all think. It took us two hours from my place to get to Prescott Valley going that route.

Then I think it is another hour from PRescott to Sedona right?

Tanya

Sounds good. Probably an hour or so, might be a little slow thru Jerome. What time and address of Mike and Angies house? Robert :burnout

Where you all doing lunch, might hook up with you guys

Guest LT4ME

Ok, so it looks like Saturday is the day, then.

Anyone who wants to go, send me a PM and I'll shoot you our address and mapquest link. I don't want to post our address on the boards, but we definitely want all of you fine folks knowing how to get here. :D

Guest intmd8r

Ok, so I'm obviously excited for the cruise, but now I'm also excited to get a picture of our house with all the vettes in front of it! woot.gifdance.gif

Guest Kens06

Looks like a nice 'west side' event..........................

Sedona is beautiful, but the campers and RV's will piss you off!!

Ken

It won't let me vote, since Angie already voted and we share an IP address.

Community property state you know..... what's her's is her's and what's your's is her's :smilelol:smilelol

Guest Coop

I'll watch the thread, if it switches to Sunday, I'll be there. I have to work til noon on Saturday. I'd like to meet everyone. I'd also being running solo, if anyone has a friend that wants to come along.

Dave

Desertdawg

I'm closing this one, it looks like it's a go for Saturday....

Please refer to the sticky...