NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Clean inside windshield?

Majambo

It seems whenever the suns glare hits my windshield, there are always streaks no matter how many methods I use to get it very clean. I don't smoke.

I found that getting a new windshield is the only thing that really works... :facepalm:

I found that getting a new windshield is the only thing that really works... :facepalm:

I bet you are right, and this one is only 1 yr old. But streaks can build up in a few weeks, I'm sure.

I use that goofy triangle pad on a pivoting stick thing, and Stoner glass cleaner...never have any probs....

You could always take it to the carwash, they seem to get em clean :facepalm: Now seriously, I was told by an old time carwash owner that the only way to get that film off is to spray the windshield liberally (not meant to be political) with cleaner then spread it around with your bare hand before you dry it with a towel. I've always found it works pretty well. I've got one of those funny triangle thingys for the corners and bottom edge.

I use that goofy triangle pad on a pivoting stick thing, and Stoner glass cleaner...never have any probs....

Yes, I do too, but just with the water. I'll try the glass cleaner with it. thanks.

I use white vinegar and water but Windex works too. wiping it up with newspaper is the ticket. Streak free.

I use white vinegar and water but Windex works too. wiping it up with newspaper is the ticket. Streak free.

My son used the same when cleaning up houses for sale, and said newspaper was the best. I shall try it. thanks so much. El Majambo

Karen keeps mine spotless. No streaks or film. :smilelol:smilelol

Karen said "It's easy as pie.....but the crust is hard!" :smilelol

:facepalm:

Strutt said he has plenty of chamois...

Stoner (or any decent glass cleaner) and newspaper has served fairly well over the years for me also. -Frank

2 micro fiber towels.....one to put on the windex and one to wipe clean.....No streaks

That makes sense..........I've tried that (without micro fiber) but it didn't work. Maybe the micro fiber towels will make the difference.

2 micro fiber towels.....one to put on the windex and one to wipe clean.....No streaks

That makes sense..........I've tried that (without micro fiber) but it didn't work. Maybe the micro fiber towels will make the difference.

I got the Stoner cleaner and used the little pad w/the handle, and think it did a good job. I will give the micro fiber towels a try next time.

What is this Triangle thing you are talking about and where did you get it?

Triangle Thing

I don't remember where I got mine but it's available a number of places online.

Actually, I got the rectangular one as seen on TV. Bought it at Staples. Two micro fiber mitts come with it so you can wash them.

6spdsforme

Actually, I got the rectangular one as seen on TV. Bought it at Staples. Two micro fiber mitts come with it so you can wash them.

Thanks.

Phill's Vette

:agree .... :facepalm:

I've thought about hiring midgets to clean my back window... I'm 6'3" and have to contort my body to get it clean and it's never streak free.:partygrnhat:

Anyone that has owned a non CE 77 - 82 C3 knows what I mean.

Anyone other than ChadC or Marco that might know of a midget for hire, let me know. (Who would want a midget that in anyway knew those two?!)

:agree .... :facepalm:

I've thought about hiring midgets to clean my back window... I'm 6'3" and have to contort my body to get it clean and it's never streak free.:partygrnhat:

Anyone that has owned a non CE 77 - 82 C3 knows what I mean.

Anyone other than ChadC or Marco that might know of a midget for hire, let me know. (Who would want a midget that in anyway knew those two?!)

I can have delivered two circus clowns in full costume, with a perineum massage by cross-dressing midgets, that are pretty snappy.