NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Tires

Guest LT4ME

Guest LT4ME

I'm going to need some new back tires for the '96 soon and I'm wondering what to buy. I've never had much satisfaction from Goodyears, so replacing the EMTs on it with the same is pretty much out of the question. I'd love to buy some Michelin's for it, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on $320/each for the rears. Another one I'm eyeballing is the Firestone Wide Ovals, but I'm leery of Firestone after the recent debacle.

So, what tires are you all running and what are your impressions of them?

My 2 cents:

We have been extremely happy with Goodyear's GS-D3's, check out their ratings at tirerack.com: Tire Rack/GS-D3's

The ride is MUCH better than the old run-flats, and dry traction feels twice as good. The run-flats seemed to get 'glassy' or 'hard' after some miles and heat cycles, and you couldn't hook up if you wanted to... Plus the GS-D3's have great wet traction as well, I've been caught in more than a few monsoons and these work awesome. :thumbs

Guest chad@xtreme

I would recommend the Mich PS2s or the BFG KDs. These are both excellent tires. Also you might want to check out the Kumho Exsta MX.

Chad

I'm running Avon All Seasons on my car. Since mine is a daily driver of 65-80 miles per day, I find that they are good for my use. I also just recently went to a DE event @ Firebird & they did better on the track then I expected. Go to the tire rack & see their rating. The best part about these tires is the price!

Jim

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I like the BFG KDW2s I have on my car right now... handle well and decent traction with an affordable price

Nittos arent bad for the money but have had a balancing issue in the past,

Falken FK451s are awesome but run about 10mm smaller then advertised and have a softer sidewall,

Michelin PS2s are like sex with 2 supermodels... never had a better tire in my life

Guest intmd8r
I like the BFG KDW2s I have on my car right now... handle well and decent traction with an affordable price

Michelin PS2s are like sex with 2 supermodels... never had a better tire in my life

I've always been a big fan of BFGs and wouldn't hesitate putting KDs on my car.

BUT, that being said, I've never had Michelins (or sex with two supermodels for that matter :P ), so I can't make the comparison! :lol

Wow! :eek

I'll be enjoying my Michelins in a whole new way from now on. Just don't any of you tell my wife! :D

Wow what about sex wit 2 supermodels.......tell us more

Even thought I keep running the F1 Supercar tires on my car, I have always liked BFG's on just about everything else I have ever owned. Ran the Nitto's on a C4 for a couple of years before selling the car and they worked out pretty good. Much better price than most tires, but a little less grip than the BFG's on the same car. A little "squirmy" under the car for about the first 500 miles or so, too.

I run Pirrelli P Zeros on my car. They can hold allot of horsepower on the street.

With my old rear set, beyond the wear bar, I could not get any trackion at the track.

I beleive the newer the tires the better they run.

I felt the same way about Goodyear runflats. They ran like crap at the end of their tire life span, but when I bought some new ones, they were great.

Have fun and make sure and let us know what you decide to do.

Guest LT4ME

I'm really leaning towards the Michelins. If I get anything else, I'll feel like I'm settling, which I'm tired of doing. My next two debates are SLP exhaust or Magnaflow exhaust, then which to do first tires or SLP/Magnaflow?

:crazy

I'm really leaning towards the Michelins. If I get anything else, I'll feel like I'm settling, which I'm tired of doing. My next two debates are SLP exhaust or Magnaflow exhaust, then which to do first tires or SLP/Magnaflow?

Just don't let Angie know you're thinking of having sex with 2 supermodels! :eek

i have BFG drag radials on the rear and some BFG KDW tire on the front - the front tires are nice, shiny, and pretty - those rear tires are pretty worn :eek:burnout:leaving

Guest Sidewinder

I have the BFG KDW DR's on the back, I can't wait to get them off, they are horrible!! I think I might have a defective tire though.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

The ONLY reason I didnt get PS2s was because I didnt plan on keeping these wheels long and any time I put PS2s on a temp wheel I have trouble selling them because no one wants to pay that much! They are silent, they grip awesome, they balance perfect, and traction in water and dry kicks ass!

Far as the exhaust goes, Magnaflow hands down has one of the best exhaust systems in the world... top notch stainless steel construction, heavy duty flanges and quality mufflers... the only downside is they tend to be a lot quieter! If you want a loud system, look into the Magnapack setup with the bullet style mufflers, otherwise the standard magnaflow system kicks ass! Were a dealer for them, as well as GHL, Borla, Corsa, B&B, SLP, etc. We use Magnaflow mufflers on about 85% of the custom vehicles we do, the rest get Borla XR1s, or buy a prefab system

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I have the BFG KDW DR's on the back, I can't wait to get them off, they are horrible!! I think I might have a defective tire though.

Thats pretty common on the DRs... they are known for separating on the shoulder... take it to a Discount Tire and have them look at the tires!

Guest Sidewinder

Thats pretty common on the DRs... they are known for separating on the shoulder... take it to a Discount Tire and have them look at the tires!

Hell, they only have about 70 miles on them. I am working with discount right now.

Mike, did you verify that you don't have a spare tire? I forgot to go out to the parking lot at the Hill to check it out. You may want runflats if you actually don't have a spare. It would suck to get a blowout and not have a spare. :banghead Robert :burnout

Guest Sidewinder
It would suck to get a blowout and not have a spare Robert :burnout

Who needs a spare Robert? :D

Who needs a spare Robert?

yep the older you get all you need are plugs and a pump! :lol

Who needs a spare Robert?

yep the older you get all you need are plugs and a pump! :lol

Gezz, look what happens when you leave off ONE LITTLE COMMA. LOL,,,,,BTW,,,,, I know what to do with the pump :P , but what's up with the plugs? :eek:eek ,,,,, Robert,,,, :burnout ,,,P.S. If there was two of me then all of you would have got beat twice!!! :smilelol

Guest Sidewinder

I could still outdrink both of ya! :drinkers

P.S. If there was two of me then all of you would have got beat twice!!!

I'll be BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest LT4ME
Mike, did you verify that you don't have a spare tire? I forgot to go out to the parking lot at the Hill to check it out. You may want runflats if you actually don't have a spare. It would suck to get a blowout and not have a spare. :banghead Robert :burnout

Nope, I do indeed have a spare.

Guest intmd8r
Just don't let Angie know you're thinking of having sex with 2 supermodels!  :eek

I'm more concerned that he's thinking about TWO expensive things to do to the CE without even mentioning the expensive things the C5 needs! :toetapslap.gif:lol:smilelol