NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A recent thread made me ask.....

Eddie44

How do you routinely drive your Vette?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Phoenix FRC

All right Kipp-san, because I dont have it.... I need to drive your car and feel the love.. :D

I have let off it in corners while the car was sideways but never spun it around or lost it.. yet.. ;)

I would like to find a good lot or autocross track and get to know the car a little better, I would also like to feel the top-end too. All in good time.

I'm still working on the tire pressures, the tires don't like the recommended pressure, that pressure is most likely for Goodyear RF's and I have those Kumo tires.

Later,

All right Kipp-san, because I dont have it.... I need to drive your car and feel the love.. :D

I have let off it in corners while the car was sideways but never spun it around or lost it.. yet.. ;)

I would like to find a good lot or autocross track and get to know the car a little better, I would also like to feel the top-end too. All in good time.

I'm still working on the tire pressures, the tires don't like the recommended pressure, that pressure is most likely for Goodyear RF's and I have those Kumo tires.

Later,

If the parking Nazis where we work would turn a blind eye, that would be a great lot to play in (just watch out for the poles).

Did I tell you that they left a note on my car for taking up too many spaces? I park a quarter mile from the front door and they still harrass me. :angry

Guest Kens06
ON or OFF still murders the tires in the low ones.

Comp mode is for C5's that have active handling brake logic in the the PCM and the wiring from yaw and accelleration modules!!

Comp mode will turn off traction control but it keeps AH alive to help you control situations! Say you are too hard on the gas out of a corner and the front is holding the line but your right foot is letting the rear get away! A/H will grab the inside rear brake enought to keep you headed in the right direction and out of the gravel trap!!

It cannot overcome the laws of physics however.

It is really great with keeping these wide tired beasts going straight when you come on standing water and hydroplane!!

Ken

Phoenix FRC
Did I tell you that they left a note on my car for taking up too many spaces? I park a quarter mile from the front door and they still harrass me. angry.gif

Those guys are such loosers, what's the Point....????? sheesh.... :cuss

92ZR1Wannabe
What the hell is traction control???

Traction control in a stock C3 not having enough power to spin the rear tires.

Damn beat me to it :)

:burnout

Desertdawg

Well I had to ask (because I'm a smart azz) and mine will spin them without to much effort... :burnout

Well I had to ask (because I'm a smart azz) and mine will spin them without to much effort... :burnout

Even those 20" truck tires? :lol:lol

Desertdawg

Hey they are 15 inch truck tires.....get it right next time... :toetap

Hey they are 15 inch truck tires.....get it right next time... :toetap

Oh, little bitty truck tires? I think I still have you beat on ride height, though. ;)

M~