NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A recent thread made me ask.....

Eddie44

How do you routinely drive your Vette?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always drive with it on unless I want to burn the tires a little :D

I always drive with it on unless I want to burn the tires a little :D

:agree

I have to put mine in Competition mode or Torque management doesnt work properly.

What the hell is traction control???

Traction control in a stock C3 not having enough power to spin the rear tires.

Guest waymirec

I don't have competition mode and traction control is pretty useless in my car. Doesn't stop the tires from spinning at all so I generally turn it off.

Guest Simpson36
What the hell is traction control???

Traction control in a stock C3 not having enough power to spin the rear tires.

Ouch!

I resemble that remark . . .

:smilelol

I don't have competition mode and traction control is pretty useless in my car. Doesn't stop the tires from spinning at all so I generally turn it off.

why don't you have competition mode? mine does - yours is a '99 isn't it?

i did find out at the track a while back that you cannot change from TC ON to competition mode while moving - the car must be completely stopped and you must have the brake pedal depressed.

interesting though, i thought if it had traction control, it had competition mode.

Guest waymirec

Nope. Mine is an early model '99. No Competition mode and no HUD. Just plain ol' crappy traction control which in stock form kills so much power it practically brings you to a stop. I've tested it post-mods and it brings the power level down a bit but not enough to stop the tires from spinning.

In a FRC no selector switch. However I drive with it on unless I'm racing around. No sense in burning up tires on a daily driver!

Jim

I left mine on at the track one night and ran a 13.40, not real fast but still fast enough for the street!

Nope. Mine is an early model '99. No Competition mode and no HUD. Just plain ol' crappy traction control which in stock form kills so much power it practically brings you to a stop. I've tested it post-mods and it brings the power level down a bit but not enough to stop the tires from spinning.

are you sure?

on your way home - start the car and try holding the traction control buttin in for 10-15 seconds - while on the brake - glenn taught me how to turn mine on - i have NO HUD either, and i also have a 99 FRC - try it you guys, it might work - wouldn't that be a kicker! :burnout

Guest waymirec

Nope. Tried it. Even had Bill at Xtreme look at it when they were doing the work. He confirmed that my computer predates comp mode.

Phoenix FRC
I always drive with it on unless I want to burn the tires a little  :D

:agree

Of course..!!! :burnout

It's a good thing it comes with TC or I'd be buying tires a lot.. :lol

Nope. Tried it. Even had Bill at Xtreme look at it when they were doing the work. He confirmed that my computer predates comp mode.

Time to change PCM;s.... they are only 200 bucks or so.. cheap for competition mode... wonder if that will really work?

Same here, have TC only, and I have a late build 99. Probably got stuck with an older computer. Doesn't matter, I keep TC on all the time.

Phoenix FRC

I always understood the comp mode to be a gimmick, just run it on or off but why offer 50% traction control???

If I turn mine off it will let me roast them, that's all I need :D :lol

Off. I hate taking a hard corner and the thing almost shutting me down!! Besides I couldn't do :burnout when I wanted to. Robert

Guest waymirec

Time to change PCM;s.... they are only 200 bucks or so.. cheap for competition mode... wonder if that will really work?

It won't. Already checked.

I always understood the comp mode to be a gimmick, just run it on or off but why offer 50% traction control???

If I turn mine off it will let me roast them, that's all I need  :D  :lol

Traction Control? :U

Tom, comp mode will allow straight line burn outs all you want, but will keep an "eye" on your driving style in corners. It lets me hang it out a little farther in the corners without dumping the power in the middle of the corner.

One other point: get too squirrelly off the line at the drag strip when in comp mode and it might just save your car from the wall.

Other than that, I learned to drive the old school way (and usually on ice and snow pack), so the TC is off as soon as I think about it.