NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

SECC Drivers' Education Event, 5/13

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

I'm proud to announce the SECC's next Drivers' Education Event on Saturday, May 13 at Firebird Raceway in Chandler. This event will be held from 8am - 4pm. The track we are running on is Firebird East.

If you have never been on a roadcourse and are worried about hurting your vehicle, don't be,one of the reasons that we chose this track is because it is so forgiving, with a lot of run off space.We'll put you in a run group with people with skill levels, so they'll be no worries. We've also got extremely skilled instructors/safety personnel. This track has a long straightaway that will allow you to really open your vehicle up! There will be shaded areas for everyone in between runs.

This will be our last track event of the season.

Invite your friends and family to come as well.

See this link for more details:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/513trackday.html

Check our calendar for other upcoming events!

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/calendar.html

Okay, so it's $150 to run, and we need a helmet.

How much would a helmet run me?

How much time on the track would I get?

Also, is there a list of what could possibly disqualify my car from running in the tech inspection?

Okay, so it's $150 to run, and we need a helmet.

How much would a helmet run me?

How much time on the track would I get?

Also, is there a list of what could possibly disqualify my car from running in the tech inspection?

You can find those answers here:

tech form

FAQs

run schedule

Joe thanks for the quick reply.

Would first timers fall into the novice or beginner categories?

This would be my first time out, I would only run in one category, right?

I read the tech form, is no e-brake a fail?

I've replaced everything on mine, it's just a bit weak.

Also, do you have any idea of what a helmet would cost ?

Sorry for all the questions, I'd just hate to waste a bunch of people's time if either my car or myself isn't ready.

:)

look at my post above - there are hundreds of helmets on ebay - SNELL approved too

mine cost me like $50 plus shipping

Joe thanks for the quick reply.

Would first timers fall into the novice or beginner categories?

This would be my first time out, I would only run in one category, right?

I read the tech form, is no e-brake a fail?

I've replaced everything on mine, it's just a bit weak.

Sorry for all the questions, I'd just hate to waste a bunch of people's time if either my car or myself isn't ready.

:)

You should be fine. You'll be in the beginner group with an instructor.

Joe, that sounds good.

I'd definately like to come...the course looks like this is more about cornering and such then top speed...does that sound right?

My vette is currently my only transportation, engine isn't the best and I don't want to blow anything.

As long as it is about cornering and not me flooring it I should be fine.

Joe,  that sounds good.

I'd definately like to come...the course looks like this is more about cornering and such then top speed...does that sound right?

My vette is currently my only transportation, engine isn't the best and I don't want to blow anything.

The track does utilize the 1/4 mile section so for the ones who do want to open it wide open can. Its about 1/2 mile long of a straight section, but just cause its their doesnt mean you have to. All in all i would say its more about cornering... Ill most likely have my SRT4 out their that day so ill be looking forward to being past up alot lol

Joe,  that sounds good.

The track does utilize the 1/4 mile section so for the ones who do want to open it wide open can. Its about 1/2 mile long of a straight section, but just cause its their doesnt mean you have to. All in all i would say its more about cornering... Ill most likely have my SRT4 out their that day so ill be looking forward to being past up alot lol

Actually, this is Firebird East Course. It doesn't use the 1/4 mile track, that's Firebird Main. This is a great cornering track, that has a decent straightaway. You'll get to use your cornering and braking skills alot on this track.

Joe,  that sounds good.

Actually, this is Firebird East Course. It doesn't use the 1/4 mile track, that's Firebird Main. This is a great cornering track, that has a decent straightaway. You'll get to use your cornering and braking skills alot on this track.

oh ok... i was thinking it still used the 1/4 mile track.... sorry i miss spoke that

• 3 weeks later...

The big day is only six days away! It's the SECC's 2nd Drivers' Education Event on Saturday, May 13 at Firebird Raceway in Chandler. This event will be held from 6:30am - 2pm. The track we are running on is Firebird East Roadcourse.

Please note the earlier schedule to beat the heat.

We still need addtional instructors!

Driver's slots are filling up fast, so if you haven't already registered, make sure to do now, as space is limited!

The SECC is offering their discounted member's rate to all members of ACE. When you register online, register as an SECC member, in the slot that asks for your membership number type "ACE".

Go to this link to register online:

Online registration

Registration starts at 6:45am sharp, with a mandatory drivers meeting immediately following.

This promises to be a great event so invite your friends and family to come as well.

SECC Track Day

See you on Saturday!

Joe

Thanks to all of you who have already registered for this great event! All spaces are almost full so Online registration will be closing tomorrow, if you wish to attend, please register online today!

Go to this link to register online:

Online registration

SECC May 13 Drivers' Education

See you on Saturday!

I'd like to thank everyone who participated in Saturday's Drivers' Education Event. The event was a great success!!!.We had a great turnout and great weather to boot! It seems that everybody got a lot of track time as well as, an opporunity to meet fellow auto enthusiasts. The staff at Firebird did a wonderful job of prepping the track and preparing the facility for us. The corner workers were excellent and friendly and the rescue workers were not needed, as there were no incidents!

I would also like to give a special thank you to our staff and instructors. We had vehicles representing many countires and manufacturers. There were everything from Vipers to Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Ferraris, Lotus, Lamborghinis and more.

I have posted some of the photos and video from the event on our site. See this link:

Track Day

If you have any additonal photos or video, please email them to me so I can post them on the site!

Don't forget about about our "Sunday Drive" coming up on June 11!

Check the calendar for other upcoming events!

SECC Calendar

Joe, just wanted to thank you & the rest of the Scottsdale Exotic crew for being such great hosts & for being so nice to a redneck rocket owner. :D

The event was a blast & I'm looking forward to doing another one with you guys.

Jim

:thumbs Wow, I just checked out the pix at the SECC site, that's some serious high dollar horsepower. Was anyone timing the laps? Who was running quickest? And how did the yellow C6 Z06 fare? :unsure

To my knowledge no one timed anyone, although it seemed that the black Gallardo was running pretty fast. The C6 Z06 is an instructor's car & is a very, very good driver. He wasn't pushing the car & was still doing very well. I spoke to him at the end of the day & he was running the entire course in 3rd gear. You guys definitely missed a great day of racing. Joe was talking about a half day sometime soon. I would encourage as many to go as possible!

Jim

To my knowledge no one timed anyone, although it seemed that the black Gallardo was running pretty fast. The C6 Z06 is an instructor's car & is a very, very good driver. He wasn't pushing the car & was still doing very well. I spoke to him at the end of the day & he was running the entire course in 3rd gear. You guys definitely missed a great day of racing. Joe was talking about a half day sometime soon. I would encourage as many to go as possible!

Jim

Jim, thanks for coming out! I posted some new pics and video on the site.

From what I saw my dad in the silver Carerra GT was the quickes around the track with Marcus in the white Porsche Gemballa GTR turbo not far off pace. :burnout

Desertdawg

Great pics and vids, thanks for posting them... :thumbs

I was just on the other side of firebird at the azsolo2 autocross... :burnout